Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. 78 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1,214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I cannot seem to shift-and-drag objects 45 degrees and that seems like a fairly normal adobe feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Wrong Coordinates in the Viewbox if i save SVG´s from Xperience Design.
    To correct the coordinates and the viewBox, i have to open the SVG in Illustrator, to save the ICON (SVG ) with right code.

Maybe it is my fall if yes tell me the right way :)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to hide artboards in order to exclude them from exporting with all others.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It you have one or more artboards selected at the time you choose File > Export, the button in the save dialog box won’t say “Export All Artboards.”

The easiest ways to select an artboard are:

• Click the title of the artboard (you can shift-click to select multiple artboards this way)
    • Drag a marquee that fully encompasses one or more artboards

You can tell an artboard is selected when its title turns blue.

Here’s a quick screencast that shows both ways of selecting artboards: http://imgur.com/a/nKQyE

6. Crossed out text feature needed for pricing purposes

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'd like to be able to make a text area with a fixed width -- so the text automatically wraps onto multiple lines -- but with no fixed height so that the height auto fits to the text.

Basically, I want it to act like area text (fixed size) in the horizontal direction but point text (auto size) in the vertical direction.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be good to have a separate input field, where users can define exact pixel space between two objects by selecting them.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Would love to have the ability to adjust the spacing before or after a paragraph as InDesign and Photoshop. Right now I can change the line height, but there needs to be another setting to adjust spacing between paragraph blocks.

280 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This one will presumably have to wait until the layers panel comes to fruition, but it'd be nice if there was a label/breadcrumb at the top of the screen that told us which group was selected/in isolation mode. Pretty much exactly like illustrator's isolation mode breadcrumb bar, or maybe even simplified (after all, simplicity seems to be what XD is all about!), using just the standard breadcrumb chevron instead of icons.

I think this would be nice because I keep forgetting, or not realizing that I'm in isolation mode, then I end up drawing or pasting objects in to that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shift+Click allows to select multiple items.
    Cmd+Click allows to select inside a group.
    Cmd+Shift+Click would be nice if it selected items across different groups.

It's very useful to change details (i.e. color) across multiple items inside groups (i.e. icons).

Thanks!

238 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is now available in the March release! If you don’t see an update, select the … icon in the Creative Cloud desktop app and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have further feedback on this feature, please feel free to file a new ticket!

12. An UI kit for iPad, like there is for iPhone today.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Set text in superscript and subscript.

527 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. You could just zoom out to select larger areas, but I think this is a usability issue. When zoomed in, in photoshop for example, you can drag a marquee selection off the window and it will scroll to follow the mouse. I would expect a similar action to take place here, as some mobile pages can get very long.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This may be small but takes a lot of time up: I switch between seeing the grid and not seeing a lot. In XD I have to click on the artboard name for the grid show/hide shortcut keys work. Would be awesome if these would work anywhere in design mode.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now, you can marque select all the artboards you want, then use Cmd + ’ (apostrophe) to turn grids on and off. Please let us know if it doesn’t cover your needs. Thanks.

16. I just noticed that sometimes its hard to find artboards, text, layers if you have a large prototype pages in your project. I think it would be nice to have a search function like the photoshop layers that has the ability to search through layers,styles,text,layer names and more. Maybe some "solo"(after effects feature) feature as well to show only the page that you are working on.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this one as we’ve delivered search and filtering options for layers panel a while ago.

If you’re experiencing any issues with the current feature, please let us know in a comment or in a separate request.

Best,
    Dan

17. I have the need to change the color of the characters in a line of text. For example, there is a link in a paragraph. The link only should be blue.

Should be able to do alpha on the text characters also.

I see that we have size and font style, but color is the most practical of all these.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In our development, the programmer needs to use the RGB value to label the color, but in this update,the version removed the RGB color information, we have to need for an additional conversion to get the results.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. And to be able to highlight link with different color. Now I create an 'invisible' hotspot on the wording but it's messy to move around these objects while formatting text. There might be an easier way?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all! We just released an update to Adobe XD where you can now create hyperlinks within your text block. To do this:

1) Select any piece of text in Design Mode.

2) In the "Text" pane of the property inspector, add a URL to the link field.

3) Commit w/ Enter

Your text will get an underline by default, but you can still change the styles. Preview your prototype, and your text should be a hyperlink. Clicking on the link will open a new browser tab with that link.

Thanks for your feedback!

Joan Lafferty

Adobe XD Product Manager

20. Currently, Cmd-0 fits the entire XD set of Artboards into view. It would be nice that if an Artboard is selected, the same command will fit THAT Artboard into the view (similar to InDesign, where there are 2 commands, one for Fit All and one for Fit Page/Spread, but needing only one keyboard shortcut for both, purely dependent on what you have selected or not.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)