Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. When trying to add a lottie file above a video layer, if both are set to "play automatically" the lottie file does not play in the preview.

If you set "play on tap" on the lottie file then it works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. BUG: When an image is placed in a rectangle with drop shadow, it can't be repositioned or resized—when double-clicking it just jump directly into editing the shape, and no image is shown in the layers panel.
    (XD 42.1.22.4 x64 Mac OS)

Please fix this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If I would like to rename the components it is only possible in list view: Why?
    And If I rename the element title starts with an empty field. This was different before. So I have to type hex values from scratch. Thats annoying...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hello Sir(s),

Greetings...!! I am using Adobe XD Since last few years back.

Is it possible to save file offline? Like each time I have to download file from cloud server. Please advice.

It will be great if we directly save file to local drive. Like photoshop and illustrator.

Thanks,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. All the icon svg paths in the polaris icon system won't open in XD. It seems to be valid svg and renders in the browser just fine. It also won't open in Illustrator.
    https://polaris-icons.shopify.com/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I create an object with the Pen tool.
    Give it a gradient.
    When I try to edit the gradient, the gradient bar is not appearing within the object. It is impossible to relocate the trajectory of the gradient.

Other time I change the dimension of that object, the gradients trajectory gets distorted and when I try to change it, it flies around the screen.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I also tried CTR + SHIFT + ; (since I need to press shift on a swiss german keyboard for ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The new shortcut on mac to toggle between design, prototype and share mode means you can't type a hashtag or euro character. Use a different shortcut tool.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The link to Google Material Design is outdated, and the new page does not include an XD document. Can this be updated please making use of the components and button states and other new features?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As an Adobe Xd user that uses many stack groups, I would like to quickly duplicate individual items within a stack.

See video attached for example:
    1. Outside of stack groups the default behavior of holding ALT/Option key while clicking and dragging an object is to duplicate it.
    2. Holding ALT/Option key on an object within a stack group does nothing.
    3. (Workaround) Copy / Pasting an object within a stack group with Command+C & Command+V duplicates the object in the correct location.

This is 1 of 2 minor bugs I've found with stacks, but I think I'm only finding…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Spend more time iterating and less time moving things around.

Less manual resizing: Buttons can resize with their text and lists can rearrange themselves when items are moved around.

Stretch to fill: Auto Layout components can now stretch left and right (or top and bottom) for easier responsive design.

Design speaks development: Auto Layout’s padding, direction, and spacing settings translate directly into code, simplifying developer handoffs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The first thing I see on XD is a choice to create a new design. The predefined items have a multitude of Apple devices and a token "Android" or "Custom" option.

The real world mostly use non-Apple devices. There are many different sized android phones & Tables, Chromebooks, Windows Surface etc. It is about time Adobe products recognised this and treated non-apple hardware as a first class citizen and not an after thought.

Support what our customers need, not what you personally prefer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I attached a video. Bug with text box, why link disappear if text box id expanded.

In some case i have more then 1 row, i lose flexibility under components and layout

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide an option to disable all helpful tips that popup as you're trying to use the application.

This would be valuable to me, as otherwise it's disrupting my flow of trying to create some screens. They're distracting, I've already watched all the tutorials on your XD page, so I'm aware of the features, they don't add anything new.

It makes sense to have these "on" by default, but some option to disable them is expected, and would be very helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great if users can click on the co-editor's icon on the top right and be brought to the screen that the co-editor is working on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In a design system we need hierarchy and inheritance. At this point XD handles these a really poor way.

Important principles:

Embedded / nested components
    If I embed a component and change it, the change should be the new default, so when I make new instances of the master, the subcomponent should NOT be reset.

States
    If I create a new state, and change the elements / subcomponents, only the property changes I made should be saved in the new state. ALL OTHERS should be exactly as in the master. This should work in the property level, so if the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added support for nested components and have improved states and resizing. Feel free to file a new ticket if you’re interested in additional features.

Please note for future reference that UserVoice works best if you have each idea in a separate ticket.

17. It would be great esp. in a larger file to see where my teammate(s) is working. I realize there is presence but the colored stroke is hard to find at times.

Ideas:

• A cursor icon of where they are in the doc (even if they are not selecting an object) or perhaps greyed out while they are working on something.

• The ability to click on their profile icon to be directed to where they are
    This could be great if you are on a call with a designer elsewhere to pinpoint whatever they are working on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The new padding feature is cool, but a little too limited. I’d like for it to be able to adjust padding for the outside of groups/components in order to help with building design systems.

For example, when I build a website, a page is often made up of smaller sections (components). I would like to be able to define margin on those components so that each one has an even amount of spacing between the next. That way if I update the height of any of those components or change content that affects its size, components around that one will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I noticed that if I add a component with multiple states to the shared library, only the currently active state is stored. Please allow storing the components with all of its states in the library.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When using Responsive Resize, items will adjust according to their parameters but items such as Area text will not take into account their contents. When resizing an Area Text box, XD should provide the option to resize the height in line break increments to accommodate the text.

An option for width could also be useful.

The benefit of this is that responsive resize will now responsively adjust all other elements to fit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15