Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. XD could really use a Round to Pixel command. Yes, I'm pulling this straight from Sketch, but it's awfully useful. The command simply rounds every anchor point to the nearest whole-pixel value, eliminating fractional pixels.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

This feature has been added in our November update (version 0.6.2): choose Object > Align to Pixel Grid to tweak the X/Y/W/H so the object(s) are crisply aligned with the pixel grid. You can use this command with a multiple selection or with groups selected to align multiple objects at once.

Note: aligning to pixel grid does not always mean the X/Y/W/H won’t have fractions. For center-stroked shapes (lines and Pen tool, mostly), sometimes the X/Y need to end in .5 to keep the stroke crisply aligned on-pixel.

I see some people in the discussion thread here are asking for snap to pixel “by default.” Adobe XD should already do that, with very few exceptions (see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/16962847-resizing-multiple-selection-or-group-loses-pixel-alignment). If you’re encountering other situations where objects you created in XD are not pixel aligned by default, please file a new bug here in UserVoice.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback and…

2. I think it's quite obvious.

Would be good to have blur option

Also:
    - Bluring everything below some element is quite popular (like iOS menus)
    - Blur should stay solid on edges of element (quite often it fades there)

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. (NOTE: You can rotate symbols currently by entering a rotation value in the Properties panel. This request is for dragging on canvas to rotate, like you can with other objets that have resize handles).

Can you, please, add handles to be able to rotate symbol with mouse cursor. Like it is now done for all the other elements in XD.

Because for me it is faster to duplicate symbol and rotate two of them and then to remove the duplicate, rather than use special input field on the properties panel.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to be able to select multiple text items, shapes, lines, etc. and be able to group edit their color, typeface, type size, corners, opacity, etc. Right now, I have to double click each and every type to change anything, which is a pain. Also (related) I need a way to axxess the type menu, shape menu, etc. without having to double click on anything.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, with the March release XD now supports the ability to Cmd+Shift+Click (or Ctrl+Shift+Click on Win) to select items across multiple groups and edit them together.

5. The ability to create polygons, such as Triangles (most important), Pentagons, Stars, Hexagons.

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m glad to announce that the polygon tool is now available with the XD 19 release. You can create a variety of shapes from triangles, pentagons to polygons with any number of sides, change corner radius or auto-animate the shapes in your prototypes. We also have plans to add the star shape in an upcoming update.

You can learn more about the polygon tool and our May release here: https://theblog.adobe.com/xd-may-2019-update-create-design-systems

Enjoy and let us know your feedback!

Best,
    Dan

6. I just noticed that sometimes its hard to find artboards, text, layers if you have a large prototype pages in your project. I think it would be nice to have a search function like the photoshop layers that has the ability to search through layers,styles,text,layer names and more. Maybe some "solo"(after effects feature) feature as well to show only the page that you are working on.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this one as we’ve delivered search and filtering options for layers panel a while ago.

If you’re experiencing any issues with the current feature, please let us know in a comment or in a separate request.

Best,
    Dan

7. to be able to shear, 3D rotate etc would be useful. This would reflect css 3D transforms.
    Example use would be creating isometric mockups.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow users to use the eye dropper when in "gradient mode"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that the ability to use the eyedropper to set gradient color stops is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

9. Being able to create and share Style Guides to be used within teams. For instance, one member of a team can create a style guide with several object/paragraph/font styles to be shared with team members working on the same project. Within the object style allowing dynamic styles of say, a button, to be shared would be helpful as well.

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'd like to be able to make a text area with a fixed width -- so the text automatically wraps onto multiple lines -- but with no fixed height so that the height auto fits to the text.

Basically, I want it to act like area text (fixed size) in the horizontal direction but point text (auto size) in the vertical direction.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to copy an object's style and paste it to others

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Introduce swatches so I can keep colors consistent. When a swatch is updated every instance of the color changes.

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Holding a hot-key like option (⌥) would display measurement guides between the selected object and other objects. Similar to how Sketch handles this now... http://www.sketchapp.com/learn/documentation/10-canvas/3-measuring.html

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't assume imported JPEG images are 2x high DPI

Hello,

I have the problem, when I import a picture that the initial size is not the same like the original picture. In the video attached you can see it.
    For some reason, the bug does not occur with every picture. But the video shows you that it exists.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Happy to let you know that once with the XD 45 release we brought some improvements to the import/export workflows and JPGEs are no longer halved on import!

Thank you,
    Corina Murgila

15. Wrong Coordinates in the Viewbox if i save SVG´s from Xperience Design.
    To correct the coordinates and the viewBox, i have to open the SVG in Illustrator, to save the ICON (SVG ) with right code.

Maybe it is my fall if yes tell me the right way :)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be good to have a separate input field, where users can define exact pixel space between two objects by selecting them.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. An UI kit for iPad, like there is for iPhone today.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to switch between the two type formats. Additionally the ability to auto size area type on resize and to fit content

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When using the Text Tool, it would be good if the edges of the automatically created text box snapped to the edges of the text. This would ensure distance between elements is calculated from the text itself, rather than the text box it sits within.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In Illustrator, the direct selection arrow allows me to select an object inside a group without having to select the group. When I have nested groups this can become a laborious process. This should also provide a way to select individual objects contained within different groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)