Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

• Anchor Points are a bit tough to manipulate. The manipulation right now is too 'free'.

• Points only align to other points within the same vector object and not boundaries, points or edges of other shapes.

There should be object and point snapping as well as holding shift to snap to axis etc.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1. Being able to see fonts exactly how they look in a web browser is crucial. I would love to have a preview mode that allow this.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2. I don't know it's considered as a bug or if it's beaucause it's not final yet.

1. 0.5.0.4 Beta

2. Having a repeat grid with content in it already. Trying to add new element within the groups of the grid (which because of the logic of no layers, adds the object in each duplicate). Finally, move the whole group (normally considered as the reference object for the grid) to adjust the spacing in height of the content.

3. I was hoping when I drag the repeat grid handle down, the following content would take in account the respacing.

4. It does not.

5. Video attached.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Winnie,

Thank you for your feedback! We already have a feature in the backlog for adjusting the cell size based on the content and that will solve the issue you describe. Currently the size of the repeat grid cells is fixed and only their padding adjustable.

Kind regards,
    Florin

3. At JBF Sports, we have been creating stickers in AI: using the Offset Path under Object, we can take the initial shape and offset the path which I then fill with white to create the exact shape of that sticker.

We are slowly moving into Xd to be able to export our assets quickly in svg and png.

other keywords: grow path, shrink path

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When you type copy in a box, if you type ... it converts it to a ... object which is not the same thing. So for example, working on client work where you need a format like

Subtotal.............................................$10.99

XD goes in and changes every . . . into a ... single object. It messes up the formatting especially if your dots don't work in sets of 3, because then you have ... ... ... . .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add the option to change a single element in repeated grid without breaking the entire grid or changing the other elements in it. This is important for designing single elements interactions in list. For example if I want to expand / select / change an element of a repeated grid, I need to have multiple "states" of each elements (ie. expanded, collapsed, selected, deselected, etc.).
    This can be obtained simply assigning additional graphic elements (positioned outside the device canvas) to the repeated grid. Once assigned as a "element state n°2", it would then display a floating option near each…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think the original title may have been interpreted in different ways by different people. Here’s a clarification on how we’re interpreting this request and other related ones. Feel free to adjust your votes to reflect the ones you find most important.

This request is about dynamic behavior when users are interacting with your shared prototype:

For simpler, non-interactive versions of this request, please see:

6. When I design for the web, it's crucial to be able to see the fonts exactly as they will display on a web browser. I use Typecasto for this and I would love to be able to see this integrated in XD.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If an object's opacity is set to zero and you then 'alt-drag' it, there's no preview of the new object's edges, so you can't see what you're alt-dragging. Illustrator solved this by using the object's 'Outline mode' preview when alt-dragging.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resize/move feedback for invisible shapes definitely could be improved, and we are tracking that issue. As a workaround, you can toggle the fill or stroke on for a moment, adjust the shape, and then toggle it back off.

If you’re using an invisible rectangle to define a hit area for Prototyping mode, you may also be interested in upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931899-actual-hotspots, which would let you more easily define interaction hotspots that don’t match up exactly with the size & shape of any of your visible artwork.

8. I use the handles snapping to grid functionality extensively when creating icons and other detail-intensive shapes. This is critical to my workflow.

Note from Adobe: curve anchor points (the points the curve pass through) should snap to the grid already. This request is about the curve control points (the two handles on either side of each anchor point, with the tangent line connecting them) snapping to the grid; this does not cause any visible part of the path to align to the grid better, it just helps keep the control points organized and makes it easier to match curves identically…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I use Illustrator's split into grid in almost every session. It's brilliant, and although I see you are working in a lot of automatic gutter / guide / spacing assistance in XD, i'd love to see this feature.

Great for making the first instance of repeat grid items that XD then repeats so well.

It could be simplified, but the functionality is priceless!!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Could we have a place to share UI Kits and other assets

Here is a Foundation 6 one I've made to get things going

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When selecting a group you should be able to enter the grouped elements by pressing Enter key.

Sometimes it's difficult to double click (especially when using pen) the group to enter it without moving the object. When you'll be able to open the group using Enter key it will speed-up design.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In any Adobe app, or most any Mac design app, you can drag an image from your finder, or straight from a browser onto the app icon, and it will open up a canvas with that image sized exactly to the size of that image. Use that feature in fireworks and photoshop daily. However, when doing this with Xd it gives an error. You can drag an image onto the canvas itself from a web browser but dragging onto the icon does not appear to work.

A while back it stopped working with Fireworks too, but Adobe finally fixed it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When you select the rectangle, ellipse or line tool, the 1px outline goes blue to show it is selected and active. It would be nice to also slightly darken/lighten the background color of the selected tool too just to show contrast as the 1px blue is too subtle, I have to click twice to be sure my selected tool is actually active.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Some LCD pixels are non-square shape. For example, displays for industrial devices. In this case, the aspect ratio of the pixel remains close to square -- usually the difference between horizontal and vertical does not exceed 10%.

But nevertheless, the distortion of the elements due to this distinction can sometimes be seen on the display destination (target) device.

Propose to add the sizes for non-square pixels, and the simulation display similar to pixels on a computer screen of the designer (whose pixels are square) to display on the screen the designer was the same as it is on the screen…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sorry if this is a repeat feature request...

It would be great if we could use percentages for border-radius values. That way the radius would scale proportionally as the shape is resized.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option for choosing different design visualization: artboards (as it is now) and scrolling pages like InDesign.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When updating few artboards that have same element positioning it would be could to be able to align elements using smart guides with elements that are on other artboard than the one working on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The input field for the corner radius in the right panel is not very discoverable. Its relationship to the icons just to the left of it are also not very clear unless I interact with it. Suggestion attached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. It would be great to see smart guides appear for elements outside of a repeat grid sometimes. In the example attached, the purple boxes are in a Repeat Grid, and I may want to line up the orange box (outside of the Repeat Grid) with one of the boxes within the Repeat Grid.

2. Because I'm utilizing Repeat Grid for some basic things like avatars, but might have a standalone element (like type) aligned with a specific part of the Repeat Grid... and having the guides + snap to guide would help a lot!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)