Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. I'd love to have some animation presets, like in After Effect so I can make objects, on say page transitions, animate out or give objects animated user feedback so they know its been selected or it can't be selected. Also someway of custom animations through key framing would be cool.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'd love to be able to include emojis in texts when I'm designing.

In fact I'd love to be able to include my own icons, pasted into texts, similar to what you can do with indesign!

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a top level adjustment mode on each layer or group to fine tune the current fill and border colors. Mods should be presented as layers and stackable to create different combinations.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Say you have a button of some sort and you want it to be in the lower corner of a dialog box. When closing in the size of the dialog box or when positioning the button near a corner or the box, show the measurements to the edges of the box it is near. Attached is an illustration.

(Currently, XD shows distance measurements only when the object you're dragging is snapped to the center or top/bottom/left/right of the other object -- not when it's close to the edge but not snapped).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. With this enormous amount of artboards which Adobe XD can handle it will be useful to have a kinetic motion for artboards like in Photoshop.
    In Photoshop when you press Space bar and start dragging around it works like a swipe gesture on mobiles — you drag through the artboards with smooth break in the end of the move.
    This feature is now realized on Mac for touch pad. But it would be usefull to have it for "Space+Drag", especially in the future Windows version of XD.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I think it would be useful for Web Devs if this included some sort of mode for working with elements from frameworks such as Bootstrap, Angular Material e.t.c. as this would be a great addition and make it way quicker to mock stuff up if your using a framework

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Alright, here's some feedback.

Thanks for adding linear gradients -- an essential part of UI design. The functionality of actually using them is great, but there are a few things you could do to help speed up the process of activating the tool in the first place.

Right now, it takes a minimum of three clicks to start using the gradient tool. That might not sound like a lot, but over the course of an hour, day, month, it adds up to a significant portion of time. Here are some base-level suggestions to improve the UX of this tool:

1)…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It's completely annoying when I trying select area in isolation mode but instead selecting some objects in the background due to Xd exiting from isolation mode.

Please make Isolation mode same to Ai isolation mode: double click on object to enter isolation mode, double click out of object to leave isolation mode.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to scale groups of text or text with images in one group and make all of them big or small at the same time.

I don't want to scale each one of them in order to get the size I'm looking for.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Similar to the rest of the creative suite, the ability to click on an object (text or object) and holding down option + moving that object with arrow keys (while also holding down shift) to duplicate the object.

2. Quickest and most painless path to duplicating objects over click + copy + paste imho.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Arrow buttons for each text input to increase/decrease values with mouse click as any other design software.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It'd be nice to figure out how to design for different websites or applications that can use Touch Bar :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a field in the inspector to see the percentage scaling of a given asset on the board. This would be good for bitmap images, so you can see if they are scaled at 100% or not. Contextual menus to reset scaling would be very nice.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I like the center whatever I'm working on, currently it's impossible to do so with artboards on the edge of the canvas. I'd like to be able to pan outside it. I know you can zoom out, but I want to maintain a certain size for legibility reasons.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add auto leading for text. It would be great being able to set up the auto leading for the document like in Illustrator or Indesign (Auto leading: 120 %)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As has been noted for this to be a good web app it will need to fully embrace css and render it accurately.

However some display capabilities would inevitably require special markup, complex css constructs, javascript etc... in development that would be beyond the scope of this program if this is to remain a pure design app.

Therefore it would be useful to tag objects or artboards to display in strict mode - exactly according to css properties - or to display in lets say design mode to allow freeform placement of objects which would require additional markup in development…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Color Theme Tool (like InDesign) - maybe tied to the creative cloud.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great if you could just drag multiple images into XD and place them one by one onto shapes (like in indesign)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. After drawing a line for a line graph with the pen tool I realised that my points weren't easily spaced. It would be great to be able to fix this issue by selecting all of the points and distributing them evenly using the alignment tools at the top right.

Writing this I realise that maybe I should just turn on the grid tool and space them evenly first time but this may come in handy for other situations too?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)