Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Embed color data in property inspector

Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Snap to nearest graphically-balanced position on arrow movement

The ability to (key+arrow) move an item directly to a spot that makes sense, according to certain preset values.

Eg. you could move an item always 10px away from another item, or directly center an item between two other elements nearby with just one (key+arrow) combination.

See example below. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Color wheel like Ai, PS and InDesign

Would like to see a colour wheel and swatches like the rest of the programs, rather than having to click on the fill icon to select colour. I just lose time by doing that and feels less free to quickly test colours.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Draw new object above currently selected object

If I have a layer selected and then create a new Rectangle object, I'd expect that layer to be created directly above the layer I have selected (or even below would make sense) instead its created as the top most layer with in the current group of layers.

This is annoying because often the size of that rectangle depends on other objects in the group and because the layer is above them all you can see them if the new rectangle is going to be bigger them and it covers them up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change Artboard title font size with Zoom level

Current (0.6.24.10) version, when user zoom in/out, the Artboard font rendering size does not change. It will look better if the Artboard title can zoom with zoom level accordingly based on 100% zoom level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shortcut to cycle through elements of a group

It would be clever to have the ability to cycle between the different elements of a group with a shortcut. Ex: I have 5 elements grouped together, and I need to change the fill/stroke of all of them from white to blue. 2 elements have a fill and 3 of them have strokes, so selecting them all at once isn't possible. If I could direct select one element within a group, and then Tab through the elements to cycle through the elements of the group, it would save alot of time and precise clicking within the group. It can be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Detect/search and standardize different styles

After a wild layout period I often have tons of different font-sizes, colors and so on … Now I have to reduce this for the developer. At this point it would be very helpful to let me show which colors+fonts+font-sizes+font-styles I have used in my project and where! If I know the place, I can decide to change a style to a common one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Similar optical paragraph alignment to InDesign

When your paragraph is center aligned but there is a space in the end of the line, InDesign can justify the paragraph optically, so that the empty space is neglected.

On the other hand PS, AI, AE and now Xd make use of that empty space and the visible text will not be centered. That's just stupid, right?

Make all the type settings as clever as ID, which is obviously the only app with professional understanding of type. Thanks!

XD is super great and I can't wait for it to develop!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve font alignment

フォントを揃える時に誤差があります
    例えばテキスト入力ボックスをデザインする時横長の長方形に一行テキストを置いてデザインしますが、長方形とテキストを両方選んで垂直方向で中央揃えをするとテキストを選択した状態でテキスト上に余白がありそれも計算して中央揃えするのでテキストが長方形に対して微妙に下になります。
    中央揃えしたあとにテキストだけ若干上に上げるような操作が必要となります。
    この点改善してください。

For example, when designing a text input box, design one line text in a landscape rectangle, but if you select both rectangle and text and center it in the vertical direction, there is a margin on the text with the text selected Since it is calculated and centered, the text is slightly below the rectangle.
    It is necessary to operate such as to raise the text only slightly after centering it.
    Please improve on this point.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change order of artboard in layer panel on duplicate

When option dragging an existing artboard, the new artboard is placed above the existing one in the artboards panel. I think this is not logical. It should be places under the existing artboard. In most cases, duplicating an artboard is done to continue in the flow of thought, which should be left to right or top to bottom.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Copy and Paste Type From Photoshop

The XD team just released awesome improvements to design mode in the March Update with the support for copy and paste from Photoshop and Illustrator.

However, one cannot copy and past type from Photoshop to XD without copying the type as a raster or an SVG.

A similar problem was addressed for Illustrator here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13059984-copying-pasting-text-from-illustrator

It would be great if the solution for illustrator - the ability to copy text and paste it in XD as a text element - was made available for photoshop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Windows] Make mousewheel zoom shortcut Space instead of Ctrl

The reason is that 'Ctrl+Mouse Wheel' for zooming is very uncomfortable due to 'Space+left Mouse press' for moving your mouse pointer. Additionally, touchpads for Windows are not able to move your mouse pointer to left or right.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Move the lock/hide buttons

I am always annoyingly clicking on the lock and show/hide buttons when working with the layers palette! I only work on my laptop, so real estate matters. I keep the layers palette narrow (the default setting), so when looking in a 4-deep nested group in a symbol, I hardly see the text description. And since those buttons don't appear until you hover over an object, I'm always accidentally locking my objects without actually selecting them as I intended.

Please consider moving them or floating them off the panel, perhaps only in a narrow view. Or letting me lock/hide them by…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use Import... to populate images into a repeat grid

I really like the populate behavior that drag and drop has when used in a repeat grid.

With that said, and this just maybe how I work, but I feel like it would more efficient to not have to leave the program and just use the shortcut for File > Import... select the files I want, press enter and it populate a repeat grid as if I had dragged and dropped those files from the Finder.

Granted some may not want that behavior, and I may not want that every time; a possible solution could be to have "import options"…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export everything that is on a artboard.

Description : I have 2 art boards. both of them are filled with my design . I wish i can Export this 2 in a same image with a new big art board under them.

Value: normal art boards are used for prototyping and the bigger one is for export interaction design documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make symbol from multiple existing copies of the same elements

It would be helpful if we could make a new symbol from multiples of the same object - for instance, you've got a button or icon that is exactly the same, but you've got 10 of them in use already. It would be great if you could 'symbol-ize' one of them and have it work on all instances.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Update border or fill of selected object dynamically when using eyedropper

You've just selected an object (or group of objects) and want to try out different fill and/or border colors, but you want to use the eyedropper tool to pick up colors from your design, or a photo.

Wouldn't it be cool if, as you're hovering the eyedropper, your selection gave you a real-time "clean" preview? By clean I mean without the selection UI around it (the green transparent outline and white handles).

(Originally: "Clean", live update of object as eyedropper is being used to select new Fill/Border color)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Round to the nearest 10 pixels when using shift + up/down (like Illustrator)

One of my favourite features in Illustrator is that it rounds units to the nearest ten when using shift and clicking the up/down buttons or hitting the up/down keys.

Just to be 100% clear, I’m not talking about bumping up/down by exactly 10px like what Photoshop does. If a shape is 23 pixels wide and you hold shift and hit the up key while the width text box is focused, the shape will bump to 30 pixels, not 33 pixels. It’s glorious!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base