Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. In Illustrator, I can draw an object and then use Expand to convert the strokes to a fill.

I would like to be able to do this in XD

915 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. What do you think about something like this:

Design mode while smart-object selected can show one more tab at app header with smart-object name. In the appearance panel at the right adds some fields while smart object is selected.

To edit smart-object you should open tab with it and work as before, except that artboards name is the name for different state

And You can place another smart object in a smart object ;)

1,501 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear XD Community -

I’m glad to announce that we have introduced the ability to add Interactive Component States in XD 24. This means that you could now add and manage your component states variations from a single component while enabling you to define Hover and Tap interactions between them.

We also preserve those states and interactions when you use those components across other XD documents. This means that you could have a single source of truth (Sticker sheet) for all your design system components with motion and interactivity baked into them. Any changes made to your master components in your source document will propagate to all linked components in all your projects so that your components are is always in sync.

To learn more about component states and how to get stated with them please check:
    https://letsxd.com/states

Watch out for many more improvements in this area in the coming…

3. This would make it easier to use the assets created in other Adobe applications.

1,548 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear XD Community -

I’m excited to announce that we have shipped a new version of Creative Cloud libraries in XD that allows you to:

1. Add assets from XD to CC Libraries
    2. Brings in the full functionality of CC Libraries in other CC Apps such as Photoshop and Illustrator into XD
    3. Allows you to consume XD components in other Apps such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator

To learn more about the new Creative Cloud Libraries improvements, please check:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWuA1y79AT8
    and
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/cc-libraries-xd.html

Please give it a try and share with us your feedback on areas that you would like us to further improve upon.

Thanks,
    Sherif

4. I am trying to create icons in XD and want to make sure they are symetrical but there is no flip option in the edit menu.

I tried to use the width, height and coordinates to do this but without guides, or the ability to unlock the ratio this does not work either

1,122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When handing off designs to developers it would be great to allow them to view the XD file for font size etc. without actually paying or having an app installed.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am able to add colors to my assets panel, but when I click on those colors it changes the color of the fill without an option to change the stroke. It would be awesome if these could sync to the fill/border color palette. It's annoying when the color is in your assets but not in your swatch and you have to fill a shape just to copy the hex code to change the color of the stroke. See video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this! By default, you click on the assets panel to apply it quickly to the fill. However, if you want to apply the color to your border, you can right click the swatch in the assets panel and select “Apply to Border.” Hope that helps!

7. I'm on W10. The library doesn't work at all. When I open the Xd my library items are absent. The only thing I was able to retrieve was some of my color library but all my vector files and color schemes is not available. I actually get sections I have never ever created! Like a section named Shapes. In the library item section I get the text "unsupported elements".

So is everything I have in my CC library unsupported in Xd? I thought the main purpose of the library was to be able to use the items cross apps? Seems…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to have a consistent set of swatches, with the ability to import saved palettes or to share/export a palettes. It would be nice to have access to multiple palettes as well

821 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could now create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

9. 1,311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Set text in superscript and subscript.

527 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The possibility of changing the fill color of each member of group object by changing the color of that group object

I have the full subscription to all Adobe Cloud products and applications.

Now I can change the color only of the single object, but if I group it (by pressing CTRL+G) the fill color of that object becomes unchangeable.

That is VERY-VERY inconvenient, because that is VERY-VERY unintuitive.

Why is that VERY-VERY unintuitive?

Ok, just have a glance on it.

Imagine that I've have selected 10 separate objects, and that each of them is not a group, but a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello,

The Creative Cloud Libraries are a great addition! Thank you for that. We're looking forward to seeing more of the assets usable.

However, there seems to be missing the NAME of the style/color. Each of the assets in my (very extensive) library has a coded name and is shared with many designers and the name of the library asset is essential for the understanding of what asset is what (especially for character sizes)

Thanks!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'd like to create a clipping mask in Windows using any shape or path.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mask with Shape is now available in the April release of XD for Windows! Download it today from your Creative Cloud desktop app – if it doesn’t show up, click the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

14. It would be awesome to have blending modes in the sidebar.

1,062 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. we need an "undo" function please. honest to god, cannot believe this is not a function in this app...

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As multiple people have mentioned, undo is one of those critical features that we’ve had in the product since the first day. On Windows, you can right-click on the canvas to get the context menu and undo, or you can Ctrl+Z.

Hope that helps.

-Elaine

16. If you have a color palette and need to change a color a little you need to change the color for every layer with the old color again.

It would be nice to have a set color palette and if you change one of these colors all layers with the old color get updated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide the ability to reposition/move images within masks.

If you make a mask via Object > Mask With Shape, then you can double-click into it to reposition the image (or other content) within the mask.

However, if you drag an image file onto a shape, it gets masked by the shape and you CANNOT reposition the image or adjust the cropping. It is auto-cropped to fill the shape when you resize it, but you don't currently get full control of the cropping.

1,032 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Version 0.6.16.7 Beta
    2. Synchronize font from Typekit
    3. Sync'd font should be available in Xd
    4. Sync'd font is unavailable in Xd until after app relaunch

other search terms: load fonts without restart, reload installed fonts automatically

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be a good way to organize elements if we have the layer panel. Locking and unlocking elements is just a click away.

883 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be very helpful to have symbols in order to have reusable elements that can be updated in one place and have those edits instantly take effect in all instances/artboards in the design.

832 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to say you can now use symbols in the November release of Adobe XD!

Thanks to everyone who voted on this — it honestly does make a difference in making this happen sooner.

There are lots of ways we could expand on this initial set of symbol features. Please let us know your opinion by upvoting follow-up suggestions like these:

And as always, feel free to file new suggestions if you have other ideas that aren’t posted in UserVoice yet!