Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. It would be very beneficial to change the color of the bounding boxes. I am working on an application with a very similar shade of blue and it's incredibly difficult to see when I have selected things.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In repeating grids, it would be great if there was a way to adjust the position (x,y) of objects adjacent to text boxes based on the width and height of their content.

For example, designing a comments UI, it would be nice to have multiline text that varies from 1-5 lines that would push the elements below it to match the margins set in the original instance. So if you have a "reply" link below the multiline text it would move +y to match the intended layout.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. One of my favourite features in Illustrator is that it rounds units to the nearest ten when using shift and clicking the up/down buttons or hitting the up/down keys.

Just to be 100% clear, I’m not talking about bumping up/down by exactly 10px like what Photoshop does. If a shape is 23 pixels wide and you hold shift and hit the up key while the width text box is focused, the shape will bump to 30 pixels, not 33 pixels. It’s glorious!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. This is a simple yet time saving feature. If you create a new shape holding down the shift-key the little "Lock Aspect" lock-icon should be locked.

Because in most of the time Users create shapes with shift to resize the width and hight at the sam time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A user adds a "Symbol Container" to an artboard.

The container is a searchable field and the user can do a search (in context) to find the symbol they need.

The search will auto-suggest the Symbol.

And show a thumbnail of the Symbol prior to selection.

The user selects a Symbo, which will 'load' into the container and resizes the container accordingly. The user could also change the Symbol by 'double clicking' the container to retype (with in the same container).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please implement a ‘Reset Bounding Box’ function for drawn vector shapes. They conflict with alignment and centring.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would work like in Illustrator: Select all text - press alt and either up or down arrows to increase or decrease the spacing. That is assuming there isn't shortcut keys already?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have the ability to set the global borders thicker and sketchy/squiggly looking. It sounds slightly ridiculous (although very true), but every time I showcased wireframes with squiggly lines at stake holder meetings/reviews/etc, people have a better tendency to understand that it's work in progress and focus more on the core issues at hand.

When the lines are straight, comments regarding spacing, type, color, copy tend more to be part of the conversation and it's a constant battle to remind people that these are still work in progress.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is it possible to add review status in the library? - something for if this piece artwork is being review, in revision, waiting for approval, approved.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Just in an effort of compatibility it would be nice to have the same default shortcuts (for those used to it) or being able to customize the shortcuts. Thank you !

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Repeat grid text elements don't change when original is changed

If I create a repeat grid of a text element and change the text in the original element, the rest of the text elements in the grid don't change. I think it should change all elements unless I've changed the text in any of the other elements to override the original.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The idea behind InCopy was always an awesome one for print layouts. It never really took off in InDesign's web mode, because using InDesign for mobile application development is a bit like running a marathon in hiking boots.

There is still a huge use case for integrating real copy with the design process. It would be awesome if we had a way to do that. Is there any chance that we might be able to get a creative cloud integration between XD and Adobe's primary copywriting tool?

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Having the UI Kits (and hopefully in the future customs ones as well) is great. But now you have to open a separate file, select what you want, copy it, go back, paste it.. If there could be a (sidebar) panel with all these loose elements as a library that you could just drag in... That would be amazing!

Thanks.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Being able to scale the Repeat Grid and its child items at once would be great.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I don't think I need to explain the usefulness of this feature. Cmd D to transform again (like in Illustrator) is a beautiful thing. Am i missing something or is this really not there?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. That feature would be the killer-feature! Trust me — it will economy dozens hours of life when designers need to show links with dotted underline (which is often usable thing to hide some tips or to show user that it is clickable, but not redirecting to other url)

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Being able to import copy from MS Word by dragging gand dropping like a .txt file. FYI, rtfs don't work that way either.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)