Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. is the best way for designing fast where there's a ready widget for use immediately, edit it and go not only the common need like slide menu, dropdowns, inputs..etc
    but also widget for bootstrap, fontawesome, fixed header, mobile screen (elements, icons, btns...etc).... i'm here not meaning UiKit where it's now in XD NO, i mean widget on the left side of screen drag and drop inside the artboard edit and go

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would love it if the color palette automatically turns into a color picker if you move your mouse outside of the color box (like it does in photoshop). It's so much quicker and easier to select colors that way.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be helpful if we could make a new symbol from multiples of the same object - for instance, you've got a button or icon that is exactly the same, but you've got 10 of them in use already. It would be great if you could 'symbol-ize' one of them and have it work on all instances.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow to resize shapes using cmd+arrows. It's one of the best Sketch features, it's really useful for pixel perfecting.

Cmd-up arrow to increase height, Cmd-down to decrease height.
    Cmd-right increases width, Cmd-left decreases width.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A quick toggle for pixel preview would be much appreciated. Just like the one in Adobe Illustrator.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When using Intersection in 0.6.20.7 Beta, the resulting object is misaligned from the two shapes position. See GIF below:

http://recordit.co/1zqoS6aS8J

Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch. This is currently the expected behavior, though we are hoping to improve it in the future. When you create a boolean group including an image, the image then becomes a fill for the resulting path. The image will be scaled to cover the path, similar to the css background-property value “cover”.

If you want the image to stay in place, I would suggest using a Mask instead, which will keep the relative size / position of the image intact.

You might be interested in checking out two topics over in the feature request forum:

More flexibility when using images as a fill:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17197367-drag-image-into-bounding-box

Automatically resizing an image to fit a mask group:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13125480-fit-content-proportionally

I hope that answers your questions,
    -Bear

7. Hello!

Presently when I want to add an item to the repeat grid, I can only expand to the right or bottom of the grid to add items.

However, there are times when I realize I want to add a unique item to the top my pattern.

(An example: I want to create a mobile nav menu of 7 stacked labels. The client returns and wants to add one to the top. At present, I would need to expand at the bottom, then re-input the labels one by one.)

It would be super convenient if I could also expand to…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would love to have objects snap to the fold line. Currently i'm moving my footer around a lot because we don't have any sticky footers (yet?) and I always need to zoom in to make sure its on the actual fold line.

Or whenever I resize my canvas back to the actual height of the fold line I need to either enter the height or make sure I drag it to the pixel perfect location.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Would be great if illustrator's outline mode could be used in XD as well.
    cmd+Y would switch the view to outlines.
    Benefits:
    • Easy selection of objects no matter how deeply hidden they are
    • Great overview of the construction of the scene

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for your feedback! This feature is already in our backlog – not sure when it will arrive, but we’re aware of the need for it.

Regards,
    Joe

11. Would be very handy to adjust letter spacing in pixels. Because in CSS you also do it that way … and rather more .. there is no half pixel …

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sorry if this request is already listed. Could not find it listed amongst the requests.

I absolutely LOVE how you can rearrange your artboards in Illustrator, and even adjust the layout order, columns or spacing between artboards (See attached screenshot).

It really neatens up the workspace, and it makes use of the artboard 'alpha number' instead of the artboards name when rearranging (allowing me to name my artboards whatever I like).

Would love to have a 'sorting' feature like that in Adobe XD please!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When working on a large project, sooner or later, the wireframes will be handed to developers. A clean and transparent stucture is essential. I would suggest that, beside the existing art board title, there would be a art board 'code label'. Example: LOG-020 or MENU-001 etc. In web view, code label and title could be shown together like '[LOG-020] Visitors login screen'.
    The art board list on the left hand side in XD could be sorted on code to get a well organized list.
    An export function to xml could also be handy to get the complete project stucture to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I find myself mousing around quite a bit to change colors. I hate using the trackpad/mouse if at all possible. I'd like to be able to Select Object > {press a key to open Fill/Border color} > Type/Paste Hex Code > Enter.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adobe XD has the rectangle tool, but the rectangle is an element which is a shape itself, destined to be used as a design element.

The feature suggestion is to have a rectangle frame tool, which it's main function is to serve as a wireframing tool, rather tha a design element. The addition is to upgrade the rectangle tool for supporting converting to text.

The wireframing tool should be able to be easily converted to other elements, like a rectangle, image frame or text box:
    a) If you set colors, you convert to a rectangle design element (as it currently…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It is terrible to re-type eg. font-size values using keyboard.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The ability is lacking to organise your artboards into some kind of chronological order – specifically when exporting all as a single file pdf for proofing. Can we please have a palette of some kind (maybe that is visible from the Window drop-down (as in Illustrator) or a link near the new layers and symbols icons at the bottom of the tools left-hand menu?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. I noticed that alt + scroll mouse to zoom has an inverted behavior from the existing paradigms that the rest of the creative suite (like Photoshop and Illustrator) set. For example: scrolling up zooms in within XD while it zooms out within PS/AI. The request is to make XD's scroll consistent with the paradigms the rest of the creative suite has set with mouse scroll zoom.

2. Inconsistent and unexpected feature behavior, especially when moving between PS/AI and XD.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export APK file...

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I am always annoyingly clicking on the lock and show/hide buttons when working with the layers palette! I only work on my laptop, so real estate matters. I keep the layers palette narrow (the default setting), so when looking in a 4-deep nested group in a symbol, I hardly see the text description. And since those buttons don't appear until you hover over an object, I'm always accidentally locking my objects without actually selecting them as I intended.

Please consider moving them or floating them off the panel, perhaps only in a narrow view. Or letting me lock/hide them by…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)