Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. drag and drop material gallery

I'd love to see a pre-existing material gallery combined with materials I've added myself over time. Icons, buttons, etc. With a search engine of course ..
    Just drag and throw into your project.
    In the project itself, the icon will appear as a symbol. Independent from the material gallery and editable

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Switch between the Layers and the Elements panels with one same shortcut

Right now the shortcut for the Element panel is CTRL + SHIFT + Y (on Windows) and CTRL + Y for Layers panel. I always get confused what combination I have to use in order to switch between the panels because I constantly change in which panel I am. Since the panels are displayed in the same flyout and at the moment there are only two panles it would be super super awesome to just switch between the panels with the same shortcut. Like when I am in the Layers I press CTRL+Y and I see the Elements. Then I…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alt + click on color in assets panel to apply to stroke

There is no need to explain it more :)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Snap to center of gutter / add option for guides in center of gutters

Would be ideal to allow the user to add additional guides in the center of gutters, so that when you're designing something with no gutters, there is still a guide to snap to. Really badly described, but hopefully the attached will explain it better.

Either that or the guides could have an invisible snap point in the center of the gutters.

Am I the only person who sets grids up like this in PS?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lock properties of an object

When I make a symbol out of an object, I should be able to lock certain size properties. For an example, if I have a standard button saved as a symbol, instances of that button should have always the same height but with variable widths. In that case, I would lock the height attribute of that button so on resize only the width is changed.

This can help with complex symbols too where some dimensions cannot be changed or the symbol will be distorted so the designer could lock all of them to ensure that future use does not distort…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keyboard shortcut and improvements for context menu

To speed up work you could press for example "C" key and you have acces to context menu under your cursor. It could show different options for different types of objects.
    For example:
    1) Shape / shapes - menu contains last used colors (alt clicking on color applies it to border), align, and other tools. (example image attached)
    2) Text - menu contains styles, fill with lorem ipsum, text alignment etc
    3) ...
    It would be super awesome if you could customize that menus.
    Another idea is to maybe rebuild/add to right click menu to be more context aware and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Highlight objects that use a selected color in the assets panel

I want to select all the objects that use a particular asset like a color or font. If my design has gone crazy and I have assets that are close, like 23px and 24px titles that I want to merge it would make that easier. With colors, I may not want to edit the Asset, I may want to change all the corporate red to the corporate blue. It would help with finding fonts in a file too, like in Illustrator.

Similar to:
    Related symbol: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19712428
    Related character style: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/30977113

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. style "based on" feature similar to InDesign

Styles/assets still need a lot of work but one feature I'd like to see added sooner rather than later is the ability to based one style on others like you can in InDesign. Make them better if you can because even ID's "based on" feature can be improved.

Basically what I'd like to see is the ability to set a style (body copy for instance) and make separate styles based on this for perhaps different colors (white on colored box for instance). If I need to change the size, font, and/or style I would do it in my base style…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add numbers to the image selection from CC Library

When added images to the repeat grid from my CC Library, I'd like my selected images to have a number show the order I have selected them in. Since they will fill into my repeat grid in that order, I'd like to double check the order prior to dropping them over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Color code artboards

color coating art boards. So settings pages are one color, profile pages are different color etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Alert user before deleting symbol from artboard

Several times, I've accidentally deleted all instances of a symbol. When selecting a symbol from the artboard and deleting, it would be nice if confirmation were required before it deletes all instances of that symbol. If a user really wants to delete all instances, it's easy to do so from the symbols panel (right click --> Delete.) So I don't think this extra alert would be annoying, since the difference between deleting an instance and all instances is so subtle. When you are zoomed in close to just one instance and are on the layers panel (so you can't see…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Duplicating artboards does not maintain z order

Windows 10
    XD Version 0.8.22.17 Beta

When duplicating artboards, I would expect the new artboard to appear in the artboard list above the artboard I duplicated (which is the current behavior for layers), but it always appears at the very top of the artboard list as if I had performed copy and paste instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change symbol only on one artboard option

I would find it extremely handy if I could change the symbol on one artboard only, to allow me to see how color changes are effecting f.exp. the icon.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Set background color on groups

I always have to put a rectangle of color in a group to defines its color, but the group itself is the right size. Why can't I just give it a color?

This is partially related to this idea:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15957478-relative-positioning-within-a-group

If I could give it a color and relative positioning, you would match the Figma constraints feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Duplicate symbol in the Symbols Panel by Opt + drag

provide a functionality to duplicate a symbol in the library

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. All new objects should create at the same Z-order as selected object

New layer positioning
    Detrimental for a workflow as anyone spending hours per day knows.
    When creating a new layer of whichever type (vector, text, rectangle, pasting an image), the position of the layer needs to be above the layer that is currently selected or within if it is a folder.
    If no layers are selected than the new layer should be on the top.

Current behavior: the new layer is always created at the top except when I isolate a group of layers.

It is time consuming as we fiddle with hundreds of layers, and mouse dragging it every time…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tag Layers for Specific Releases, Ability to Present Designs Per Release to Devs

Problem:
    I often need to design with the future in mind, I need to be considering the product several releases ahead of dev. When it is time to share designs with the dev team we often spend a good portion of our conversation going over what the requirements are for the current release. Developers need to make sure what is required of them for the next release and it seems there is no way around this conversation except to spend time just removing things from the designs which I never do because, well, time.

Example:
    1. My designs might include…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy artboard using handles

To keep my design clean and tidy I always copy my existing artboard with all appearances to the next spot up/down/left or right from it. I alwas have to take into consideration my zoom then to make sure the snap will keep my distance the same as from other artboards, while this could be done without careing about the zoom, nor using alt + drag.
    Part of the functionality already exist as when you copy paste exactly this wil happen, you cannot though nor choose the direction (always paste on the right from prev) nor change the distance.
    Of course…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bootstrap and web layout UI Kit

Basically, I think it would be great if you had general web buttons/tabs/text/form fields eg. bootstrap themed kit. that gave you elements to drag and drop would help speed up process. Also pre-set layout themes of basic simple web page that has already been laid out and can edit from there. eg.. Simple one page webpage layout with header.. nav.. footer.. and gallery section.. etc. Would really help get someone off to good start with a concept built instead of having to build it all from ground up.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Copy object properties for locked objects

Hey Guys, sometimes i want to copy the coordinates of a locked Item, but i have always to unlock the Item to copy the Coordinates. What about, when u change it to make the copy possible but forbid to change the coordinates of a looked Item.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base