Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. This is a simple but yet an annoying issue. Right now, newly created artboards will stack upon each other, with the newest artboard appearing on the top. So for example if you create 5 artboards, they're nicely in order, from left to right in the viewfinder (1-5), but in the layer panel they're in the opposite order (5-1). Why is this good?

I understand that new layers should always appear on top but don't find this logic to apply for artboards. So if there would be a way to change that according to preference that would be great.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The current Artboard grid does not allow for offsetting. This means if you wish the grid to start at a particular x-offset or y-offset you are out of luck.

e.g. if you are designing UI for the iPhone 7 at 375pt width, and you wish to use an 8pt grid, 375 does not divide neatly into 8 and therefore you may wish to add a left margin of 4pt and a right margin of 3pt. Also, you may decide that you wish your 8 pt grid to align vertically to the text in the status bar, so wish to offset…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. while drawing shapes it would be helpful to see the dimensions in close proximity to the shape being drawn

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great to have the ability to 'detach' / 'tear off' the properties panel from Xd to accommodate use on multiple displays. (Like Ps panels)

This would give us more room to work and use all panels etc. on a second screen or even allow for floating panels.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There are not many professionals who like the creative cloud. It's cumbersome, awkward to use, not user friendly and slow. It's like the UI for the Typekit website - not fit for purpose. For some of the exciting features you have shown at MAX, history states and multi-user document access, please don't tie these to Creative cloud. Don't let 'Adobe' bully you into using legacy frameworks to support innovation. A lot of pro users will want to decide the place they write data to or use their own cloud service. For example, some of the worst performance I have seen…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It took me a while to figure out where the pan command was for mouse users. It's difficult to discover and remember.

WAS:
    It would be amazing to have an intuitive way to navigate around your artboards when you are trying to create something. Every time I open up Xd I am stuck trying to figure out how to look at my boards. Relearning that over and over (at the moment I still don't know) is tedious and frustrating.

At first, I couldn't see the first artboard fully until I used the magnifying glass. Now I can't get to the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Wouldn't be easy if I were select similar object like Adobe Illustrator does?

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The new layer's function is great! But in order to locate one of the generic named layers on the canvas it would be great if the associated element would be highlighted in some way, when hovering over the list-item in the layers gap.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Text properties has been greatly improved with individual portion styling in May update, including colours in the fresh June update.

However, the individual formatting doesn't conform to text files that are dragged into a text box in Repeat Grids mode (unless the number of characters in each word is matching exactly, see attachment ‘DragDropFormatting’).

I would love to see a feature in the future that lets you set up spacing margins between text boxes that are meant for ‘drag and drop’ text files. This lets you use individual styling for each box and keep the spacing consistent. See attachment ‘TextBoxMarginsHorizontal’

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You've just selected an object (or group of objects) and want to try out different fill and/or border colors, but you want to use the eyedropper tool to pick up colors from your design, or a photo.

Wouldn't it be cool if, as you're hovering the eyedropper, your selection gave you a real-time "clean" preview? By clean I mean without the selection UI around it (the green transparent outline and white handles).

(Originally: "Clean", live update of object as eyedropper is being used to select new Fill/Border color)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'd like the possibility of grouping together fonts I use.

Most of the fonts that XD comes with are junk, never to be really used.
    There's no way for fonts I really DO use to stand out in the font selection panel.
    eg:

My hi-fidelity UI fonts KIT, my wireframing fonts, Serif/Sans Serif, etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The option to change the (global) background from grey to any color that fits to my design

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Saw Talin Wadsworth talked about the recolor feature and it looks like an amazing feature to have.

Imagine instantly changing the color scheme of the UI just by choosing the colors from www.colors.adobe.com to show the client without manually changing the colors.

https://youtu.be/ipbqQSIPSZ8?t=10m20s

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you import an image into XD it will manually be placed into an artboard with the same dimensions.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When your paragraph is center aligned but there is a space in the end of the line, InDesign can justify the paragraph optically, so that the empty space is neglected.

On the other hand PS, AI, AE and now Xd make use of that empty space and the visible text will not be centered. That's just stupid, right?

Make all the type settings as clever as ID, which is obviously the only app with professional understanding of type. Thanks!

XD is super great and I can't wait for it to develop!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When attempting to use repeat grid to create column guides for responsive themes, I found that it is not possible to snap to fractional x or y values. This means that if a column is a fraction, you have two problems.

First, when creating your repeat grid, you create the first column of (say) 67.5 px width. Then you create your second column of 30px and try to snap it up to the right side of the first column. It unfortunately will be .5 px to the right of the boundary instead.
    OK, fine, to remedy, I simply shave off…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Each web page is applied multiple font families in CSS file in general, and it lets a browser on its OS read corresponding font family based on the order of font family.

On Mac OS, Windows, iOS and Android, installed font families are different from each other, and some letters in languages (e.g. Japanese on Reference1.png captured on Android app) seems to cause being garbled.

If multiple font family is able to apply, it'd be great especially when the prototype is reviewed by multiple OS / devices. My idea would be attached as Reference2.png.

How would you think?

Thanks!
    Kei

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The default background color should be a mid-tone gray and not black. It is against a midtone gray that color can be most accurately assessed. Of course the preferences should remain that one can change it but default black makes little sense for a designer or artist for whom color needs to be accurate.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would be great if you could add this feature from Illustrator (Ctrl + D), it's a very handy thing even to have... wish i had it in Photoshop

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I am often working off screen shots of our existing products. I would like to use magic wand to change the color of particular elements of the UI. I would also like to be able to select a UI item from the screen shot and cut and paste in in order to move it.

Also: Quick remove white background from images (erase opaque pixels to create transparent background)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)