Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Color code artboards

color coating art boards. So settings pages are one color, profile pages are different color etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alert user before deleting symbol from artboard

Several times, I've accidentally deleted all instances of a symbol. When selecting a symbol from the artboard and deleting, it would be nice if confirmation were required before it deletes all instances of that symbol. If a user really wants to delete all instances, it's easy to do so from the symbols panel (right click --> Delete.) So I don't think this extra alert would be annoying, since the difference between deleting an instance and all instances is so subtle. When you are zoomed in close to just one instance and are on the layers panel (so you can't see…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Duplicating artboards does not maintain z order

Windows 10
    XD Version 0.8.22.17 Beta

When duplicating artboards, I would expect the new artboard to appear in the artboard list above the artboard I duplicated (which is the current behavior for layers), but it always appears at the very top of the artboard list as if I had performed copy and paste instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change symbol only on one artboard option

I would find it extremely handy if I could change the symbol on one artboard only, to allow me to see how color changes are effecting f.exp. the icon.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Set background color on groups

I always have to put a rectangle of color in a group to defines its color, but the group itself is the right size. Why can't I just give it a color?

This is partially related to this idea:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15957478-relative-positioning-within-a-group

If I could give it a color and relative positioning, you would match the Figma constraints feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Duplicate symbol in the Symbols Panel by Opt + drag

provide a functionality to duplicate a symbol in the library

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. All new objects should create at the same Z-order as selected object

New layer positioning
    Detrimental for a workflow as anyone spending hours per day knows.
    When creating a new layer of whichever type (vector, text, rectangle, pasting an image), the position of the layer needs to be above the layer that is currently selected or within if it is a folder.
    If no layers are selected than the new layer should be on the top.

Current behavior: the new layer is always created at the top except when I isolate a group of layers.

It is time consuming as we fiddle with hundreds of layers, and mouse dragging it every time…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Tag Layers for Specific Releases, Ability to Present Designs Per Release to Devs

Problem:
    I often need to design with the future in mind, I need to be considering the product several releases ahead of dev. When it is time to share designs with the dev team we often spend a good portion of our conversation going over what the requirements are for the current release. Developers need to make sure what is required of them for the next release and it seems there is no way around this conversation except to spend time just removing things from the designs which I never do because, well, time.

Example:
    1. My designs might include…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy artboard using handles

To keep my design clean and tidy I always copy my existing artboard with all appearances to the next spot up/down/left or right from it. I alwas have to take into consideration my zoom then to make sure the snap will keep my distance the same as from other artboards, while this could be done without careing about the zoom, nor using alt + drag.
    Part of the functionality already exist as when you copy paste exactly this wil happen, you cannot though nor choose the direction (always paste on the right from prev) nor change the distance.
    Of course…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bootstrap and web layout UI Kit

Basically, I think it would be great if you had general web buttons/tabs/text/form fields eg. bootstrap themed kit. that gave you elements to drag and drop would help speed up process. Also pre-set layout themes of basic simple web page that has already been laid out and can edit from there. eg.. Simple one page webpage layout with header.. nav.. footer.. and gallery section.. etc. Would really help get someone off to good start with a concept built instead of having to build it all from ground up.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy object properties for locked objects

Hey Guys, sometimes i want to copy the coordinates of a locked Item, but i have always to unlock the Item to copy the Coordinates. What about, when u change it to make the copy possible but forbid to change the coordinates of a looked Item.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Switch back to layers panel when selecting an element

After I've added a symbol from the symbols panel it would be a real timesaver if XD automatically switched back to the layers panel when selecting another element. This would remove the need to navigate to the bottom right of the window and switch the view.

From my experiences, users tend to drag a new symbol to their artboard then manipulate it or another element, very rarely navigating back to get another symbol.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Define default symbol paste position

Symbols should have the option of being applied to an artboard with their position matching a predetermined xy position, thus having the newly applied symbol appear in exactly the same place as it was when it was created.

Currently, the workaround requires copying / pasting from some kind of master artboard — which is tedious and unnecessary.

There should be some option to apply a symbol in a predetermined place, or position it manually if desired.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Find most recent update override to a symbol

In Design Mode, we override symbols in multiple places - but sometimes forget to Update All Symbols along the way. Later, when editing the document, we can not find the latest update to a symbol, which we would like to use to Update All Symbols to the override. Feature needed: "find most recent update override to a symbol."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shortcut to adjust stroke width

I'd like to either have a scroll bar or +/- arrows to let me change the stroke without having to guess a number. Also, if I do change the value by typing a number, I'd like that result to be automatic, without me having to press enter to see if it fits my needs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. RGB565 color spectrum support

Working on UI on embedded hardware, sometimes there are limitation about the colour spectrum that can be used.
    Above all, the RGB565 (16bit total, that means 65.000 colurs) is very often used. Could be possible to implement this palette native in the software and also in the export options?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display number of assets in a file

It would be great to know the total number of artworks in our project.
    Exemple in picture attached

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Find & Replace to confirm other overrides when "Update All Symbols"

As a designer in design mode, when applying "Update All Symbols," I wish to keep some update-overrides. But they can be hard to find. A find-and-replace feature, like in modern spell checkers, would help me to find and confirm, or skip, some of my other symbol overrides.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a bit of snapping lag when moving objects with a tablet pen

I've been using XD with a wacom tablet (Intuos 5) for several weeks and I have the same problem as with other design software: the pen input is too sensitive to movement!
    Often times I click with the pen to select an object and I accidentally move it at the same time (a few pixels) which is really annoying and sometimes I don't even notice it if I've very zoomed out.
    In Paint Tool SAI, which ironic is not even a design tool, there's an intentional lag snap when dragging stuff so you don't move things accidentally. Maybe something like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Embed color data in property inspector

Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base