Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unwanted artifacts on PDF Exports

Export options should be more robust. I also find unwanted borders on some elements (a tile design with shadow) when exported to a PDF.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m separating out this feature to focus on PDF export issues, as we have many export option suggestions already in the system. I highly suggest you search for specific features you’re looking for in export.

Thanks,

-Elaine

2. Mini navigator view - Pan & tap to zoom window in/out

Since the art boards can be very very large having a mini pan and tap to zoom in / out window possibly on the right bottom side to navigate elegantly through the entire art board space would be convenient I believe.

as of now I have to use the little hand and move around on the art boards themselves in combination with the zoom out function.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change image only in single repeat grid item

Would be nice to be able to change images of repeat grid items. At the moment if I drag & drop on a repeat grid item, all instances will change …

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s how it works currently:

• If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid where all grid cells show the same image, the image will change in all the grid cells.
    • If you drag multiple images onto a Repeat Grid, you will set up a repeating sequence of different images. For example, if I drag in 5 images at the same time, the first 5 grid cells will show different images and then the pattern will repeat (e.g. every 5th grid cell will show the same image).
    • If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid that already has a repeating sequence of images, you’ll replace all copies of the image you dropped onto. For example, if you had a sequence of 5 images repeated 3 times (15 total grid cells), and then you drop a single image onto one grid cell, you’ll see 3 copies of that…
  4. Select All should only apply to one art board.

Select All currently selects everything on every artboard. I'm not sure I would ever need that-- in fact it's potentially destructive. Select all should probably just apply to a single art board, with another item added to the menu (Select All Artboards).

Even better.. give us pages.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unify scaling of text boxes and areas

To create this a demonstration of this needed function, do the following:

Group select a text field with some text in and a text area with some text in, now scale them together. The text field scales as expected but the text area doesn't.

When creating responsive layouts we need to scale elements collectively, this breaks that workflow. Can you please make them both scale together to ease the workflow overhead.

Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alternating Colors for rows and columns in Repeat Grid

Being able to create alternating colors to rows or columns after using the repeat grid tool. Very useful for when creating tables that need visual separations between data.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change / reset an artboard's size to a stock template size

When I select an existing artboard, the properties panel at the right should present the list of stock sizes (E.g., Apple Watch) for changing the size, with the current stock size selected if it's there.

I don't care about the content conforming to the new size (though that would be nice).

Scenario: I've created a bunch of wires and now want to show selected screens targeting a different device:

Desired steps: duplicate that artboard, set it to a different stock size by selecting it at the right, resize and rearrange a bunch of stuff in the artboard.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Built-in Type Scales

I would love to see type scales (type-scale.com) built in to the forthcoming(?) Style Guide. A quick way to set a base size, and establish your heading sizes/line heights.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create interactive widgets with custom dynamic behavior

In order to facilitate interactions within a page, allow a "widget" designer, such that these widgets are fully responsive to touch and context data, etc.
    Once a widget is in the library pallete, the user can drop these in anywhere. With data binding, widget may appear on different pages, and show updates state. For example if the widget had a clock in it the time would be updating every second, and this widget may appear on any screen.
    I might suggest looking a "web components" for this purpose, and framework around using them inside the Xd App as described. These…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Slice elements when exporting jpegs/pngs

Slice out elements from xd to make jpegs/pngs other files

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Clickable links (interactions) within text block

And to be able to highlight link with different color. Now I create an 'invisible' hotspot on the wording but it's messy to move around these objects while formatting text. There might be an easier way?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show distance (Smart Guide measurements) when close to edges of artboard or other object

Say you have a button of some sort and you want it to be in the lower corner of a dialog box. When closing in the size of the dialog box or when positioning the button near a corner or the box, show the measurements to the edges of the box it is near. Attached is an illustration.

(Currently, XD shows distance measurements only when the object you're dragging is snapped to the center or top/bottom/left/right of the other object -- not when it's close to the edge but not snapped).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Animation Presets for Individual Object Transitions

I'd love to have some animation presets, like in After Effect so I can make objects, on say page transitions, animate out or give objects animated user feedback so they know its been selected or it can't be selected. Also someway of custom animations through key framing would be cool.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adjustment Layers/Modes

Add a top level adjustment mode on each layer or group to fine tune the current fill and border colors. Mods should be presented as layers and stackable to create different combinations.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Double click to leave isolation mode

It's completely annoying when I trying select area in isolation mode but instead selecting some objects in the background due to Xd exiting from isolation mode.

Please make Isolation mode same to Ai isolation mode: double click on object to enter isolation mode, double click out of object to leave isolation mode.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [shortcut] Option + shift + arrow keys to duplicate objects

1. Similar to the rest of the creative suite, the ability to click on an object (text or object) and holding down option + moving that object with arrow keys (while also holding down shift) to duplicate the object.

2. Quickest and most painless path to duplicating objects over click + copy + paste imho.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Transform Text Size - multiple at once

I want to scale groups of text or text with images in one group and make all of them big or small at the same time.

I don't want to scale each one of them in order to get the size I'm looking for.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Gradient Shortcut: make it faster to add a gradient fill

Alright, here's some feedback.

Thanks for adding linear gradients -- an essential part of UI design. The functionality of actually using them is great, but there are a few things you could do to help speed up the process of activating the tool in the first place.

Right now, it takes a minimum of three clicks to start using the gradient tool. That might not sound like a lot, but over the course of an hour, day, month, it adds up to a significant portion of time. Here are some base-level suggestions to improve the UX of this tool:

1)…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base