Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. After creating a repeat grid, it'll be nice if we can change individual spaces and formatting using a hot-key.

For example: If I hold down the Option key and drag on the 3rd gap it should change that gap independently. Then if you resize the gaps normally, the custom gap will stay put.

(override padding gutter)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add artboard preset for print like Paper, A4, B4.
    Currently we only have artboard preset for web.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Adobe Fireworks style specific alignment in pixels.

Set spacing vertically or horizontally, by typing a specific number value into the panel.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Photoshop-style layers (one layer per object) quickly creates a messy layers palette which encourages far too much pointing, clicking, dragging, grouping, naming and organising - it breeds design inefficiency.

We’ve been using Photoshop for web design in spite of this, not because of it!

Few will request this feature so please take a leadership role and ensure fast, digital design iteration isn’t ruined by photo editing paradigms.

Loving this much-needed application so far - great work!

Cheers

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Could you please add the feature to align multiple selected objects on the artboard.

Sketch has this feature were you could select (lets say) two objects and align them with them self by pressing the align-icon, but if you hold the alt-key you could align them on the artboard

With this feature you don't always have to group multiple objects to align them on the artboard.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Seperate opacity of border, area/fill and image inside the frame. So I can set the image to 80% and with the black fill it will be shaded/darkened but the white boarder is still white and has no opacity!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Being able to create custom nudge distance (mapped to a hotkey + direction key) in addition to the standard nudge would be very useful.

Use Case: The site uses 30px multiples for spacing. We set the custom nudge distance to 30px, create a new element and nudge it down once for 30px or twice for 60px for fast uniform spacing. This also works well for measuring out distances; create a 30px tall rectangle and select the bottom edge with the direct selection tool (another feature we need), now nudge it down 3 times for a 4x height. Or change a…

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I wish there was a way to change the default drop shadow setting.

I'm in a project now where I decided to add a dropshadow to a number of boxes that are already made on my project. I have to go in and fill in the drop shadow settings every time because they default back to: X:0 Y:3 B:6, which aren't the settings im using.

Thanks!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. To speed up work with text in few columns — just like in InDesign

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add the option to import and use svg animated icons and buttons in the layout, with the animate on click option. This would make very easy to makeup prototypes of UI components.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to add a gradient instead of the solid color option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Would like to be able to export Illustrator Symbols to Xd. Also manage the symbol Library in Xd like in AI.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be really helpful if they incorporate a third wireframe option along side design and prototype. May be they can change the Design label to Mockup. This will be a great help for both UX and UI Designers .

Then later wireframes could have stencils that designers can use to quickly wireframe the app or page. The whole process can be a collaborative i.e. the wireframes --> Mockups --> Prototype and export the prototype or video.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a Designer I want to create more complex shapes quickly. To align vectors in a vector shape I want to apply alignment or distribution to selected set of vectors or a singe vector to quickly create correct and precise shapes.

In short - provide the alignment / distribution also for single or a selection of vectors.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I've been using XD with a wacom tablet (Intuos 5) for several weeks and I have the same problem as with other design software: the pen input is too sensitive to movement!
    Often times I click with the pen to select an object and I accidentally move it at the same time (a few pixels) which is really annoying and sometimes I don't even notice it if I've very zoomed out.
    In Paint Tool SAI, which ironic is not even a design tool, there's an intentional lag snap when dragging stuff so you don't move things accidentally. Maybe something like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I think it would be extremely convenient and natural to have a Move... command for objects, exactly like the Object > Transform> Move... command in Illustrator and Indesign. I use that command A LOT in those programs and wish it was available in Experience Design.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great to have another section for Artboard presets that are your own. I have a few sizes I like to use that are not a preset and would be great if I could define my own name them and have a category of most used or user defined. Maybe Just a My category for presets. Thanks much I am loving this app a great deal keep up the awesome work!

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Always in a spirit to save time, it will be great to coloring monochrome bitmap with pipette without Photoshop.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)