Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. If I want to color a shape, I can simply select the shape, and then click on a color in the Libraries panel.

Why in the world can't I do the same thing with a border? Instead, the only way to color a border with a specific Library color is to use the Eyedropper tool.

Please add this most basic of functionalities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

感谢您提交机票! 这似乎是一个错误,而不是功能请求,因此,您绝对应该在社区支持论坛上提交此文件。 https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bd-p/xd?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

话虽这么说,我们在即将发布的XD版本中确实对此错误进行了修复。

此消息已被机器翻译。

Thanks for filing a ticket! This seems like a bug and not a feature request, so you should definitely file this on the Community Support Forum. https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bd-p/xd?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

That being said, we do have a fix for this bug in an upcoming release of XD.

3. When an object or group is selected, you should be able to hold a key (such as Option) so that you can drag it around without XD selecting a layer that is above it. Sketch allows you to hold Option so that the selected item stays selected.

Yes you can use the arrow keys to nudge something but that can take forever if you want to move your object way down the page. This is really slowing down my workflow. In the link below, you'll see this in action.

https://www.loom.com/share/289f4d39ce744c4a91eb9837da7da9fb

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Normally it is possible to increase or decrease the numerical values using Shift and the arrow keys (up and down). Alternatively also with mouse click on the icon in front of it to drag up and down.

I would like to apply this also for the height of the workspace. This also worked until recently, but since recently you can only enter fixed values here. Unfortunately, this is not very practical.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There must be a design system directory from which user can add new elements with interactions and states. Use them when ever needed across the projects. Ability to share designs system as brand guidelines from Xd to HTML.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why is it necessary to choose a color, right-click to copy the hex code to change the color of a style? Why not just edit the style by clicking on the color?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This odd just immediately lost all content with Design Mode. All artboards still their but text, colors, images, and design disappeared. There's no trace of even in the Cloud. It's crazy components, colors, and character styles still there among assets. Everything else gone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hello There,

Being a designer I use XD as a primary tool for my daily deliverables. Post this recent update XD blocks copying text from external sources. I have been typing it manually on the XD file but, for the icons and special characters there is no way around to place it on XD file.

Apart from the above the regular text copy issue still persists in XD authoring environment while working in design mode. This issue is long existing and no action is taken by Adobe.

It is quite disheartening to know that for the windows users Adobe is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi XD team,

I'm not really sure how to understand this message.
    I have 2 missing fonts on my Document Assets list. But apparently those fonts are not used on the canvas, therefore impossible to select it and change to a new font. (see attached screenshot)

Could it be a font used on a hidden layer? Or a hidden component state layer?

I have copied all the artboards + the components in use to a new file, but still getting the same error.

Any clue how to fix this?
    I would be awesome to have a clearer font panel, showing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When co-editing o a document at the same time i get notifications every 60 seconds to accept changes which also revert some of my changes i have done so far.
    are there any settings that i need to make in order to work properly?
    it super disruptive to the workflow and i can't make much progress when to people are working in the same file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you haven’t actually enabled coediting. The document owner can update this setting in the Invite to Edit menu in the upper right of the document frame. Once updated, you should see remote selections, and you should not be prompted to accept changes. Hope that helps!

12. I like to start my designs by using guides as if they were HTML grids. Would be cool if I could export guides to HTML grid code. Would be nice to define padding on guides.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In the new update, the font display list is a bit cluttered. On the other hand, it constantly gives the message that the font is missing, which is not correct

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In my Sketch days, I could start editing some text, then change the text alignment (left, right, centre) and the text would shift within the bounds of the pre-edited bounding box, thereby staying properly aligned to other elements on the artboard.

I found this little feature really useful as often I don't notice a text element has the wrong alignment till I start editing it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As shown in the title, the error is only on display, the input state is normal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please Please Please fix bugs instead of adding features....
    I'm getting frustrated with XD after two years of work... :(((((

Please Please Please Please Please Please

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If I want to add an element to an existing component, I always have to resolve the component first, add the element and create a new component. It would be nice if it was possible to add more elements to an existing component

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I use Illustrator to draw a set of icons, and put them in Adobe CC Library to share the graphic assets with my teammates and to be used in various design projects in XD, Ilustrator, and Photoshop etc.

When I place the vector graphic asset into XD, somehow the path gets distorted. This only appears to happen on very small vector graphics. (The icons I made in Illustrator are 24px by 24px)

This distortion only happens when graphic assets are place on XD. When I place the same graphic assets on Illustrator, it looks fine. (See the attached assets, you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If you create a individual shape and use after that the gradient Feature, it is impossible to move each point on the art board.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When a button that usually has different states is added, I experienced that those button states are lost after the document is saved a couple of times. Buttons are only available in standard state then. If you want to have different states again, you have to delete the button and add it again from the library.

In general I experienced several problems when it comes to saving. I am the only one working on the document, but every now and then I get the message that the document has been changed by someone else.

Besides the button states also prototype…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)