Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. 528 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. With a consistent design system, I have mapped all the standards we need to use on each project. With that, on XD I'm not able to set those as standards on a file so for an example, each different text element created need to be changed from the standard XD font to the one in my design system.

With that, we would be able not only to document the general standards for the dev team but also would allow us to keep the standards tightly without the chance of forgetting to change something That could work for:

• Standard font (family,…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve introduced linked assets, which will enable you to link your entire assets panel from another document. You should be able to define things in one location and reuse them.

If you’re looking for something different, please feel free to file a new ticket!

3. As a designer (working in a complex document) when I select an item on an artboard, if it happens to be a symbol (if Symbol Library panel is open), I would like the corresponding symbol in the Symbol Library to be highlighted. This will help me to locate it so I can name or delete it from the library. Then, if I selected every artboard on a document it would highlight all of the used symbols in the Symbol Library. This would help me to identify any unused symbols - for deletion/cleanup.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I use the new Layout Grid heavily, but because of the color shading applied by default I need to hide it across ALL artboards to review what I've designed. Would appreciate if the functionality worked more similarly to Photoshop Guide Layouts where toggling the keyboard shortcut did this across the board.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Each container should have a padding and margin delimiter and whenever you are dragging an element into a contanier, the container should limit the new child element so that you don't excede the padding limits, because in HTML it won't

Additionally, it would be also good to have a margin delimiter between elements:

if you drag one box with a padding of 10 px, then those 10 px should always be the delimiter for the next box in either direction.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Every now and then I find myself juggling with layout settings as soon as I change the width of an existing artboard and want the layout to stay the same.
    Especially when designing for the web.
    Suppose I have a design made on a canvas with a width of 1280. The design is vertically centerd on the artboard. When I change the width of the canvas to say 1500, the design doesn't stay in the center, but positions itself relative to the upper left corner. And the Grid Layout adapts to the new width, meaning that column width and gutter…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to have auto adjusting text box as you type letters(width,height) instead manually having to drag it.Similar feature can be found in "gravit designer".

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please allow to show/ hide grids without clicking on the art-board first.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'd like to be able to create, use, and manage symbols using a symbols panel on Windows.

198 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2,343 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you’ve probably noticed, we’ve delivered Layout Grids in the November release of XD. We’d love specific feedback on Layout Grids as we continue to grow, so I’m closing this feature request. If you have specific additional functionality you’d like to see in the Layout Grid feature, please do file it as a new feature request in the Design feature area!

Thanks,

-Elaine

11. I'd like the ability to assign names to saved colors in my document's color palette library (the color picker "favorites" list).

This makes it easier to identify the correct color to use when my palette contains multiple similar colors.

This may also be useful for future features like making document-wide color changes (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869085-global-style-color-edits).

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. just like in Illustrator, Set grid, turn it on, any move using mouse or kbd keys will always snap the move to the created grid. very impt for UX design work.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Similar to Edge Reflow, it would be great to have the ability to prototype responsive design ideas with a fluid, flexible canvas. Web designers need a good tool for this there really isn't anything out there to test out responsive design solutions.

2,334 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Hoyle responded

Hello,

With last week’s update of XD, we introduced Responsive Resize – a way to easily resize your elements as you adapt them to different screen sizes. This should massively speed up your workflow.

Download the latest version of XD to give it a try, and check out a 3 min overview of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKvg8_8jv10&t=2s

Look forward to hearing what you think!

Hoyle

14. The ability to collapse / expand assets: Colors, Character Styles and Symbols

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like a contextual layers panel like the one we have on the Mac version of XD.

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Drag and drop in the layers panel is now available for Windows! Download the June release of XD today for the complete layers panel experience.

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

16. Provide the ability to change multiple objects/elements within a document and/or across artboards.

Example: Ability to increase font size within a button across all artboards (without multi-select)
    This is similar to increasing font size within a repeatable grid—all increase.

Another example: replace/swap a theme color throughout the document.

2,401 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi XD Community,

I’m glad to announce that you could do global character style or color edits in XD through the assets panel. Just add your colors and character styles to the assets panel, and once you edit any of the color / character style properties in the assets panel, those edits will propagate to all objects or symbols that inherit those properties.

ProTip – Color Merging in the assets panel: you could also merge colors in the assets panel by copying the Hex value of one color and pasting it into another. All objects or symbols that have the old color will automatically inherit the new merged color.

To learn more about managing your colors and character styles in XD’s assets panel, please check the following resources:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu5khe2H2-c
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/assets-symbols.html

If you have any feedback or suggestions around how to improve this feature and other assets panel features, please create…

17. Well, I'm using Adobe Xd for a week. Previously worked on Photoshop. I've started loving xD.

But I am facing difficulties when selecting a layer which is under another layer.

It's really annoying always "hide" the first layer then select the 2nd/3rd layer. After that finding that "Hide" layer to unhide.

Photoshop has an option for that. Please see attached.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To speed workflow it would be good to have button tool in the sidebar. In the property inspector you'd have the ability to specify the top,bottom, left and right padding. the width of button would dynamically resize as you type the button's label.

1,267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. You can easily make text bold or italic in XD, but not underlined. There should be an Underline style or toggle button for creating designs with links, etc.

1,063 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now underline text in the December release of Adobe XD. If you’re interested in improvements to the underline feature (like adjusting the distance between the underline and the baseline), please do feel free to file that as a separate ticket!

-Elaine

20. hello team,
    while importing assets it should not be directly load into art board . but instead first it load on assets kind of tab at top most bar of XD. when click on that it should toggle our imported assets and we drag them out whichever we want onto the artboard for project. not at once i mean.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)