Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. Saved Assets need to be able to quickly copy pasted between multiple .xd files.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi All -

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

2. When you Ctrl+click to do direct selection then you also select layers with 0% opacity, which means that you are not selecting what you see.

With Auto Animate I have begun to place layers on top of each other, and in next artboard move them into final position to simulate foldout. This will also transition from 0 to 100% opacity, which is why I don't simply hide the layers.

This makes it difficult to edit what is visible and layered behind the top layers of 0% opacity.
    E.g. if I then want to edit a text field then I cannot…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. So I started playing with Symbols Override for the June Update, but I feel this feature is still a little limited to what we can do.

Like I want to create a master nav bar with active and default states. But the override doesn't allow me to have that flexibility.

Same thing applies to a tab bar for iOS apps.

Right now I feels this Symbols Override feature only works for Buttons when you want to keep the same button styling but have different text. Or maybe cards with bitmap images, but not in a repeated grid list view format.

350 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can we get "Open from your computer" in the mac file menu. It is painful to go have to click twice to open files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I rely heavily on the color picker, and it is now two clicks away instead of one. Furthermore, there's no keyboard shortcut for it. Returning the color picker to its previous collection and/or adding a keyboard shortcut will save me a lot of time in the long run.

This is a crosspost of "Color picker now 2 clicks away" under the Bugs section: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/32248015-color-picker-now-2-clicks-away

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Merge CC libraries and Assets Panel. It doesn't make sense to have 2 "panels" for the same thing. Photoshop has 1, Illustrator has 1. Why not XD?

Plus, i can't use the "features" assigned to the asset panel with the CC libraries. WHY?!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I love the addition of symbols to XD, only let down (beside the ability to re-organise them which is already posted as an idea) is that I have to create a new symbol for every required size.

Please let us scale the symbols

1,700 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

8. 11,594 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone! I’m excited to announce that in XD 45 (released today 10/26), you will be able to import MP4 video into your XD designs.

To ensure platform compatibility and performance across desktop, web and mobile preview, your video must be:

MP4
    H.264
    AAC audio
    under 15 MB
    4K or under resolution.

Enjoy and we can’t wait to see what you create!

XD does not support Animated GIF, so if you are still looking for that, please start a separate request and vote on it.

9. Currently pasting something is always placed on the top most position, that should be changed. Instead pasted elements should always be positioned above the currently selected layer.

Thansk in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently there is no way to know which artboard is the "Home Artboard" outside of Prototype mode, and there's no way of changing it in design mode.

I make a lot of presentations/decks in XD and I don't often use prototype mode. When I share a prototype/deck I assume the first slide is going to be the artboard in the upper left because this the default order for unlinked artboards in XD: left-to-right, top-to-bottom.

I currently don't have any visual indication (in design mode) as to which artboard is my "home artboard." Which means sometimes I don't know that my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now access a fully featured top menu for Windows 10 in today’s release of XD! If you don’t see the update immediately, go to the Creative Cloud Desktop app, select the Update tab, the …, and “Check for updates.”

12. Since our developers code our websites in pixels, we need the ability to change the font style from points to pixels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to reorder the colors in the color palette. Currently they're created in the order I make them. I'd like to be able to drag the blues together, greens together, etc.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. An ability to drag out persistent guides to an artboard and have other objects snap to it

3,457 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to announce that starting today, with the latest update, Artboard Guides functionality is part of XD!

Creation is very simple, you can simply point to the top and left of any artboard, click and drag to create guides.

You can check how Guides work in a short video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnalFtR2KMA ) or check out Adobe XD’s help pages to see all the details of the feature (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/artboards-grids.html#custom-artboard-guides).

Happy designing!

15. It would be very helpful to have a Convert Point Tool (I believe it's called) where you can edit all of your paths that you created with the actual Pen Tool itself. I know XD is supposed to be much more simple than Illustrator is, but there are some things that a person just needs to learn before he gets into a design and this is one of them. Honestly, the only reason I switched from Ai to Xd is that the overall work experience is a lot better but not having features like this one annoys me very much.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already convert an anchor point on a path in XD, from straight to curved, or curved to straight. To do so while drawing a new path with the Pen tool, simply double-click on the last point you created. To convert a point on a path you’ve already created, double-click on the path you want to edit with the Select tool, then double-click on any point on the path to convert it.

16. Would love to see a way to prototype for different screen but not to copy paste and adjust the size - make it like in Indesign that we can link files to different sizes.

Have a tool that can collect the assets and place them together into a different scree.

432 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Hoyle responded

Hello,

With last week’s update of XD, we introduced Responsive Resize – a way to easily resize your elements as you adapt them to different screen sizes. This should massively speed up your workflow.

Download the latest version of XD to give it a try, and check out a 3 min overview of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKvg8_8jv10&t=2s

Look forward to hearing what you think!

Hoyle

17. When object with applied asset color or font style is selected, highlight those assets in the left bar so I know which one is applied.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Link a button that can link like a hyperlink to another web page like youtube or my own Web Page

4,841 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1,214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add basic text transform like there is in Illustrator to make it easier and faster for developers to code your designs. Our developers have to waist time retyping text for layouts that have already been designed. At least basic uppercase and lowercase.

2,755 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m glad to announce that the text uppercase, lowercase and title case transformations are now available with the XD 19 release.

Pro Tip: You can apply the transformations to characters styles and make global updates across the document.

Learn more about text improvements and our May release here: https://theblog.adobe.com/xd-may-2019-update-create-design-systems

Enjoy and let us know your feedback!

Best,
    Dan