Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. I really liked the new October 2018 update where you have Linked Symbols across multiple files, especially when you made a source file.

I would like to also have this ability for character styles as I have many websites that all need to share the same UI style guide. I often change my mind about the font size, colour, line spacing and etc.

If I had this, then making a source file that links with multiple design files will make life so much easier to manage. Without having to go to each file and update...

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

2. Because text does not resize the same way objects do, it would be nice to have the option to expand text to outlines the same way Illustrator does. This would turn text into shapes and allow for resizing/shaping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible in XD. With the text object you want to convert selected, choose Object > Path > Convert to Path, or press Cmd+8 (Mac) or Ctrl+8 (Windows).

3. Support for groups in the Creative Cloud Libraries panel like photoshop would be great!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. As of now we can only stack elements on top of each other. However the ability to inject one object into another (like in the DOM tree in HTML) would greatly improve our ability to design interfaces that react to different content sizes and different context sizes.
    Manual responsive resize is a very good step to design the behavior among elements, but as of now it only works in one direction: Increasing the size of the group generates sensible positioning of the child elements. But often it should work the other way around: Increase the amount of text or the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide UI kit for material design and iOS like Sketch has it in their software. There is no kit available anywhere for Adobe xd

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be awesome to have a keyboard shortcut to quickly apply 0% opacity to elements.

As an example, I do this often to keep elements on the page and use them as anchor points in prototypes, despite them not being visible. #ghostbutton

Thanks for your time! :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be nice if there was a way to have multiple versions of a design living in one document. Right now we'll have a v1 wireframe and will be reviewing features for v2. I typically lock that version and then create a new file called v2 and start making changes. Would be nice if they could be linked somehow verses multiple file versions.

1,283 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In this week’s release, we introduced document history for cloud documents, which enables you to review previous saved versions of your document within a window, and label and preserve these versions in perpetuity. If you have suggestions for improvements on this experience, please do file them as separate tickets!

8. There should be an option in the panel to increase the size of the bounding box and the way it snaps to the grid and content around it. The side panel (where user enters text size) should have a way to pad and add margins on all sides of a box or only certain few. This would translate better in the design specs as well as it would get designers in the mindset of a developer more explicitly.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add a shortcut for the Eyedropper. From the document listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html there doesn't seem to be one at the moment.

Thank you.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please, add functionalities to CC Libraries like:
    - change file preview: large icons view with name, details view with names and other information;
    - possibility to sort the file by name, date, last modified,....;
    - possibility to have a default or customizable background to turn on and off;

I would like to put on your attention the worst case for me: the large icons view works fine only with coloured icons, not with white icons, because of the white background (that depends on the artboards) doesn't allow to me to see a white icon, and without the names of the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to be able to have the option to name my Character Styles, ex. "Heading 1" "Heading 2" "Body text" etc. and Colors "Primary", "Secondary" etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would it be possible to have the libraries window attach to the side panel like the other tools instead of always floating in the work space? If you minimize the app the panel stays and gets in the way. Thank you! We are loving the app so far.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Manually drag-n-drop to sort assets in the Assets window

Problem:
    Assets in the Asset window are not always sorted per expectation.
    Example-1: If during a project I create a tint of a certain color, I may want to place that swatch next to its parent color.
    Example-2: I need to sort my color assets in accordance with our style-guide and have the primary prior to my secondary colors.

Solution:
    Be able to drag-n-drop assets in the Asset window to sort them manually.

380 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Just like in Illustrator, it should be possible to add colors, styles, symbols, ... to a new or existing CC library.

At this moment, the CC library is of not much use when you're creating a brand new project in a team of XD designers.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Guy

317 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest release of Adobe XD, you can now write colors, character styles, and objects to CC Libraries. Check it out and let us know what you think! Please feel free to file individual tickets for additional features you’d like to see in this area.

15. Unlike other Adobe applications adding colors in XD is not intuitive or even able to be accomplished without clicking on a drawn asset or word. Why is there a greyed out "+" next to the word "colors" under assets?

It would better serve the designer to give them the ability to import all assets up front to include any swatches or themes they have created using Adobe Capture CC. This is currently not allowed as all themes created online, in Photoshop or Illustrator come up as "unsupported" when looking in the CC libraries panel.

Not one designer I've spoken to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Right now, you can override text and bitmaps in a symbol. I'd like to be able to override appearance properties like opacity, fill color, borders, shadows, and font style.

419 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

17. Ability to save symbols so that they could be used on any project would be very useful. As of now, symbols added can only be used on that particular project only.

430 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

To learn more about this feature check out:
    https://letsxd.com/whats-new
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

18. When I'm creating a button and want to add 4 px rounded corners to it, instead of guessing what 4px looks and dragging the cursor like I would like to be able to enter that the corners should be 4px in the sidebar near where the height and width are set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I love this feature in InDesign and Illustrator. In InDesign if you double click the lower right corner of the textbox it scales to fit. Similarly in Illustrator if you click the handles on the right center or bottom center of the textbox it will scale to fit.

This feature would help better determine handling to padding/margins be more reflective of final development

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can currently fit area text to its content by double-clicking the bottom area text resize handle.

It works both when the text is shorter than the area text box and when the text is larger than the area text box. When the text is larger than the box and truncated, the bottom resize handle will turn red.

20. There needs to be a way to search within libraries.

I have a library that has 750+ icons in a library and no way to search for what I am looking for.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)