Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. Ability to hide artboards in order to exclude them from exporting with all others.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

It you have one or more artboards selected at the time you choose File > Export, the button in the save dialog box won’t say “Export All Artboards.”

The easiest ways to select an artboard are:

• Click the title of the artboard (you can shift-click to select multiple artboards this way)
    • Drag a marquee that fully encompasses one or more artboards

You can tell an artboard is selected when its title turns blue.

Here’s a quick screencast that shows both ways of selecting artboards: http://imgur.com/a/nKQyE

2. I cannot seem to shift-and-drag objects 45 degrees and that seems like a fairly normal adobe feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently, Cmd-0 fits the entire XD set of Artboards into view. It would be nice that if an Artboard is selected, the same command will fit THAT Artboard into the view (similar to InDesign, where there are 2 commands, one for Fit All and one for Fit Page/Spread, but needing only one keyboard shortcut for both, purely dependent on what you have selected or not.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. This one will presumably have to wait until the layers panel comes to fruition, but it'd be nice if there was a label/breadcrumb at the top of the screen that told us which group was selected/in isolation mode. Pretty much exactly like illustrator's isolation mode breadcrumb bar, or maybe even simplified (after all, simplicity seems to be what XD is all about!), using just the standard breadcrumb chevron instead of icons.

I think this would be nice because I keep forgetting, or not realizing that I'm in isolation mode, then I end up drawing or pasting objects in to that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have the need to change the color of the characters in a line of text. For example, there is a link in a paragraph. The link only should be blue.

Should be able to do alpha on the text characters also.

I see that we have size and font style, but color is the most practical of all these.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need to select if the type is bold, regular, light etc inside the text box
    Does not help in design to make the whole text box one text weight

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Entering #000 should automatically convert it to #000000.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow to drop text file lists on repeated grid text elements like we drop images.
    For example a simple text file like this:

Washington DC
    New York
    Miami
    Los Angeles
    Boston
    Seattle
    Cupertino

can be dropped on any text label of a repeated element, and it would display each line entry as the text of the label of each repeated element in the same order of the text file.
    Also other file formats can be eventually supported: txt, csv, rtf, doc, xls, xlsx, odt, odf

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. To unlock a locked object on a layer, we have to go to Menu > Object > Lock

It would be great it says "Unlock" if the object is already locked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Description:
    When we press ⌘+0 XD zooms out to bird's-eye view. It would be useful to zoom back in to a selected artboard when press ⌘+1 or ⌘+2. But not to the empty grey back ground as it may happen now in the compositions like these (image attached).

Why is this valuable to you:
    You will be able to switch between different artboards instantly. Even if they're more than 50. Vey easy to navigate and find necessary pages.

Additional request:
    When zoom to a selected artboard, zoom not just to the center of it, but to the top side (image…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

You can now select the artboard and hit CMD+3 and it will zoom to the selected artboard.

Tom (Adobe XD)

11. The ability to constrain the proportions of an element, but change the dimensions, say width, to an exact number value.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

You can constrain proportions for objects directly via a lock icon in the property inspector.

Enjoy.

Tom (Adobe XD)

12. Is it me or does the app currently not support drag n drop from the web browser into app, for example an image into a art board or shape, I have to save it to the desktop top first then drag n drop it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to be able to drag Images from other apps. Currently I can copy and paste text and shapes, but images don't transfer. In order to get images to XD I have to drag an image file outside of photoshop or illustrator. I would like to drag them from the AI or PSD file as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the current version of Adobe XD, you should be able to copy and paste Photoshop layers complete with transparency into XD. You should also be able to copy-paste Illustrator selections that include raster images.

If you find that’s not working for you and your copy of XD is fully up to date, please file a bug in UserVoice with specifics about the type of content you’re copy-pasting and what’s not working — if you can share a file with us that shows the problem, that’s even better.

Thanks!

14. It would be great to have paragraph text similar to the paragraph mode of the text tool in Photoshop. I noticed when recently prototyping an app I tried to use lorem ipsum text and had to use hard returns to format as a paragraph

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to fill entire imported asset with color on single click selection. Currently double clicking allows parts to be filled, but for a complex icon with multiple parts one has to select and color them individually. See attached example.

Example. When one has imported a series of icons from Illustrator, selecting the the icon should present a color fill option to fill that entire icon with color.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to select colors by hex is paramount IMO. Most style guides use hex for web/mobile. Not to mention I have several hex colors memorized (self serving much... ;) )

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I tried copying and pasting a text box from illustrator to Adobe XD and two things happened.
    1 - The font weight changed and
    2 - Paragraphs were broken up into separate lines.

When I pasted a whole wireframe page from illustrator, all my bold text turned into regular and I had to select each line one by one to change it back to bold.

The other option was to outline the text before I copied / pasted it but then I couldn't edit it in Adobe XD.

It would be great if the text copied from illustrator matched /…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great to have the ability to move artboards around.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. <Note: original suggestion has been edited to add links to separate breakout suggestions, to keep the list fine-grained>

Add fill support for :
    - Pattern : Pictures (browser or download from link), ... --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15672075-pattern-fill
    - Linear gradient --> DONE!
    - Radial gradient --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15671976-radial-gradients
    - Angular gradient --> https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15902767-angular-gradient
    - Noise fill --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15672078-noise-fill

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be very handy to be able to apply a translucency blur effect like the native IOS one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)