Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Colors. Why can't I add them straight up? I know all the colours i need to use? Why can't i just create them? Why do i need put something on an art board first? I am doing something wrong?

The asset management is strange. Figma does it better. Copy them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Freely move all selected elements + artboards within a work area inside the XD file work space.
    Maybe group them as "Scenes" of artboards with other elements like descriptions, step sequence, title ++ that is not part of any artboards. This way you can explain the prototype within the XD file while also making it clickable as a prototype through all the artboards that is part of this "Scene" and may transition into other "Scenes" within the same XD-file.

Attached screenshot is one working area containing several artboards within the same XD file. In the XD file there is also…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would find it very useful to be able to copy the settings of the layout Grid of an artboard and paste it onto another. I often come across the situation in which I create new artboards that don't have the settings I need. in this case I need to type them in manually.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Adobe is HARD to add text field to introduce numbers?? need some option - select group and add for exemple 20px space between objects. why no option to introduce fixed size

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would be great to have a option to export selected artboard/s to Photoshop as smart objects. Just like Vector Smart Object from Illustrator.

Currently copying and pasting XD artboard in Ps makes it as flat image.

This could be useful for making advanced device mockups, we could make changes inside XD and it will automatically update in Ps. Or just show popup with choice "Smart object / Flatten image".

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to see a gradient/fade mask feature, similar to how comments were being masked on Facebook Live and other live streaming apps.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The current Layers panel in XD is a visual representation of the Stacking order and it's convenient to reorder, hide, mark for export… items.

But I'm really missing the Layers specific features like hiding a complete selection of ungrouped items, high level hierarchy, non-printing/exporting option (here non-exported).

To precise a key think I'm really missing from Layers panels — we can find in other vector based software like Illustrator or Photoshop — is not having to reorder any time my structure because any new items or paste will bring the content at the top of the stack. (…) In Illustrator,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would love to have the ability to create overrides for master components. For example if I create a card, I would like to be able to select a text field, and in the properties panel have an overrides section where I can hit add. The properties panel would then give me a text field where I could type the new text and it would update that component.

That override field would be available on all instances of the component, each with its override content being separated from the other instances.

However, the text itself in the component would still…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Scenario:
    You copy a component from a first xd document into a second one. You then create a local component out of the emerged linked one and change the name. If you now copy the same component from the first document again in the second, there does not appear a new linked component but the component is linked to the old (local) one.

Problem:
    We want to create a WHCM for our software. And to show the changes we want to put both the localized and the newly linked components in one document. But currently we have to delete and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Maybe it's just me, but I find it super annoying to have to hit "Enter" to rename my layers. Once I've double-clicked (or right-clicked > Rename) as soon as I am in that state, whatever I type should overwrite whatever was there and remain that way, whether I click on the artboard next, or another layer, etc.. I should not have to make my change and then hit 'Enter' and I definitely should not see my newly entered layer name revert because I clicked on something besides the 'Enter' key on my keyboard.

It seems like a small thing until…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello,

Is there a way to make an accordion work? what about pull-down menus on the navigation as well as part of the body content?

I will hate to move to Axure RP19, now I am almost done with my prototyping and this is a must to have.

Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can we please get a minimap so we can visually navigate our multi-artboard design files more easily? Like this Figma plugin:
    https://www.figma.com/c/plugin/772952119002135124/Minimap

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to have an option in assets panel to only show components that being used on current artboard.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ◆ Overview
    The following causes not behaving as expected when it's placed horizontally.

◆ Actual
    Width is automatically adjusted based on either highest or widest element within a state once one of the elements in Hover State is edited.

◆ Expected
    Optional setting to set a fixed height and/or width of triggering element for hover state.

◆ Why is this valuable to you?
    Though if I prepare Master Component with finalized contents each time, it is feasible with current version; however, if this option would be added, it'd be helpful to reduce a prep time for prototype.

◆ Reference
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/62a73241-5d41-4051-4c2f-ece3a50bda6d-1496/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dear XD Team,

Often we build up a master file as a design grid system and this file for example we include all the icons. If we have lets say 30 icons, then we have to click and create a component one by one.

What we are missing is a "Make component of each selection" feature.

If that would be in the next update – that would be amazing!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Serkan

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide Artboard Border/Outline. Like photoshop have the option to hide the outline of artboards.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I like the new feature for components, which able us to give different states for a component. However, I think a thing is missing.

In the design system I'm making for my company, we agreed with the developers about a naming system for icons and illustrations, for example : iceyebluenobg.
    But with this new feature, if a give a state to my "eye" icon, like red instead of blue on hover, I give the right name to the state, but the name of my component will be always the default state (ic
    eyebluenobg instead of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to be able to reveal the color in the assets panel, even if the assets panel is not open. If I have the layers panel open the option is currently not in the context menu. It would be great if it was an option regardless of what panel is open and if clicked it would automatically open the appropriate assets
    panel.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. At the moment, dragging a component on top of another component on your artboard will replace the symbol. This is often a very useful feature but not always the intended result.

For example, I have a basic component which is the "frame" of a dialog. I need to put some buttons in that dialog but as soon as I drag a button on top of the dialog, it replaces the dialog frame with the button. In order to avoid this, I currently have two options that I am aware of (let me know if there are others):
    1. Lock the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why do I need to click 2 times on an folder on the layers panel to open it?
    I think it works better on Photoshop when the folder as a triangle with drop down.
    every time to get inside a folder the user needs to double click it is not comfortable for the user. I prefer the Photoshop convention

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)