Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. If you are zoomed out you hardly can select a small shape. Maybe you should adjust the selection tolerance depending on the zoom.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The ability to add a gradient instead of the solid color option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I think it would be extremely convenient and natural to have a Move... command for objects, exactly like the Object > Transform> Move... command in Illustrator and Indesign. I use that command A LOT in those programs and wish it was available in Experience Design.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. This is a simple but yet an annoying issue. Right now, newly created artboards will stack upon each other, with the newest artboard appearing on the top. So for example if you create 5 artboards, they're nicely in order, from left to right in the viewfinder (1-5), but in the layer panel they're in the opposite order (5-1). Why is this good?

I understand that new layers should always appear on top but don't find this logic to apply for artboards. So if there would be a way to change that according to preference that would be great.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. For many of my clients with web based projects we'll use several control suites such as Telerik Kendo UI, DevExpress DevExtreme, jQuery UI, Bootstrap, or Infragistic controls. It would be stellar if we could import the control packages based on the provided JS and CSS in order to make use of those controls out of the box. An example of why this would be great is many of the controls in these suites might not be possible at all with XD... a progress bar, timer, data grid... but they're needed at times to display crucial UI elements.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would love to see type scales (type-scale.com) built in to the forthcoming(?) Style Guide. A quick way to set a base size, and establish your heading sizes/line heights.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. To create this a demonstration of this needed function, do the following:

Group select a text field with some text in and a text area with some text in, now scale them together. The text field scales as expected but the text area doesn't.

When creating responsive layouts we need to scale elements collectively, this breaks that workflow. Can you please make them both scale together to ease the workflow overhead.

Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. While designing I have a lot of stuff I look at in my finder as inspiration. How about getting a feature by which I can just tap a button to view a window which presents me with all the different things I collected together for inspiration.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Would it be possible to create 'swimming lanes' in order to visualize on which level a certain part of the flow/design operates? I've added a simple visualisation of it, just to illustrate the idea.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When updating few artboards that have same element positioning it would be could to be able to align elements using smart guides with elements that are on other artboard than the one working on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If an object's opacity is set to zero and you then 'alt-drag' it, there's no preview of the new object's edges, so you can't see what you're alt-dragging. Illustrator solved this by using the object's 'Outline mode' preview when alt-dragging.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resize/move feedback for invisible shapes definitely could be improved, and we are tracking that issue. As a workaround, you can toggle the fill or stroke on for a moment, adjust the shape, and then toggle it back off.

If you’re using an invisible rectangle to define a hit area for Prototyping mode, you may also be interested in upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931899-actual-hotspots, which would let you more easily define interaction hotspots that don’t match up exactly with the size & shape of any of your visible artwork.

12. Please allow the software to update font files without having to quit the application and relaunch it. Thank you !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option for choosing different design visualization: artboards (as it is now) and scrolling pages like InDesign.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Measurements in the PI for multi-selected objects (show width/height of overall selection)

When selecting multiple objects, XD doesn't show width/height of combined elements! It only shows it when objects are grouped. This is valuable because I can see the quick measurements of, for example; grouped images that spread for 12 columns. That way I can eliminate possible measurements errors.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi!

I know I can directly select a non-group object no matter how deeply grouped it is by Command-clicking it. But if I want to select a group that's grouped multiple levels deep, I'm forced to double-click my way down until I reach it.

Double-clicking multiple times in a row has annoying feel of excess effort and sluggishness, probably because the minimum elapsed time the OS needs between double-clicks in order to recognize them as separate events is way too long.

In other products I use (OmniGraffle, Axure), single-clicking an object or a group that's one level down within an…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I always use the same basic guides in my designs (for distance from the edge of the screen) and i have to maually add those to all screens.
    While they can be copy-pasted with the entire screen, i dont always wanna copy a screen i already designed - for multiple reasons.
    The ability to create fixed guides for a document that can be manually added to would be much apprechiated

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have built a component library for my teammates to use in their projects. Most components have multiple states for hover, action, etc. What I would like to add is another state that displays the components in a lo-fi style to make prototyping faster. I would like to have the lo-fi as the default state for all of the components since that would be more commonly used by the team, and then as the details are worked out they can switch the state to the actual components to put details in.

There's no way to create a state and then…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. At the moment, artboards can only be set to have vertical scrolling or no scrolling at all - it would be great to have the option to have horizontal scrolling for the entire artboard, as to better facilitate designs for side-scrolling websites.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this one open, but you can already do side scroll via a group in an artboard. You can set a scroll area on a wide group, and set the scroll mask to the width of your artboard.

19. We work in a micro-service architecture where all apps don't use the current version of the design system. It would be great to select the version of the system that reflects the app/environment we're designing for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Asset panel had been always just one click (or shortcut) away. With XD 34, after a click, you need to see what's there, then navigate through the panel if document assets are not there. So there could be more cognitive load and extra steps for users.

Plus, it was possible to open both cc library (global assets) and asset panel (local assets) at the same time. Now you are forced to switch between local and remote assets when your task need both (or, graphics and components). Working with other design tools gets a little more fiddly because of this.

Finally,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)