Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Now that you can override certain parts of a symbol, it would be nice if all "versions" of a symbol would be listed in the symbols panel, allowing for a quick overview and easy reuse of altered symbols, as well as more insight over what you might lose if you apply changes to all instances of a symbol.

To further illustrate my idea I made a quick and dirty mockup which I will attach as image

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. After creating a repeat grid, it'll be nice if we can change individual spaces and formatting using a hot-key.

For example: If I hold down the Option key and drag on the 3rd gap it should change that gap independently. Then if you resize the gaps normally, the custom gap will stay put.

(override padding gutter)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The guides are aligned on the legt, maybe an option tot align at the right and center!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would like to be able to export Illustrator Symbols to Xd. Also manage the symbol Library in Xd like in AI.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. is the best way for designing fast where there's a ready widget for use immediately, edit it and go not only the common need like slide menu, dropdowns, inputs..etc
    but also widget for bootstrap, fontawesome, fixed header, mobile screen (elements, icons, btns...etc).... i'm here not meaning UiKit where it's now in XD NO, i mean widget on the left side of screen drag and drop inside the artboard edit and go

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You've just selected an object (or group of objects) and want to try out different fill and/or border colors, but you want to use the eyedropper tool to pick up colors from your design, or a photo.

Wouldn't it be cool if, as you're hovering the eyedropper, your selection gave you a real-time "clean" preview? By clean I mean without the selection UI around it (the green transparent outline and white handles).

(Originally: "Clean", live update of object as eyedropper is being used to select new Fill/Border color)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Each web page is applied multiple font families in CSS file in general, and it lets a browser on its OS read corresponding font family based on the order of font family.

On Mac OS, Windows, iOS and Android, installed font families are different from each other, and some letters in languages (e.g. Japanese on Reference1.png captured on Android app) seems to cause being garbled.

If multiple font family is able to apply, it'd be great especially when the prototype is reviewed by multiple OS / devices. My idea would be attached as Reference2.png.

How would you think?

Thanks!
    Kei

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A user adds a "Symbol Container" to an artboard.

The container is a searchable field and the user can do a search (in context) to find the symbol they need.

The search will auto-suggest the Symbol.

And show a thumbnail of the Symbol prior to selection.

The user selects a Symbo, which will 'load' into the container and resizes the container accordingly. The user could also change the Symbol by 'double clicking' the container to retype (with in the same container).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. With this enormous amount of artboards which Adobe XD can handle it will be useful to have a kinetic motion for artboards like in Photoshop.
    In Photoshop when you press Space bar and start dragging around it works like a swipe gesture on mobiles — you drag through the artboards with smooth break in the end of the move.
    This feature is now realized on Mac for touch pad. But it would be usefull to have it for "Space+Drag", especially in the future Windows version of XD.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to add some of illustrator keyboard short cuts : ie, using the X to toggle between the color and stroke of an object

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sorry if this is a repeat feature request...

It would be great if we could use percentages for border-radius values. That way the radius would scale proportionally as the shape is resized.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Although component instances are differentiated by a different diamond icon, I still find myself accidentally modifying instances when I mean to modify the main component.

It would be useful to more clearly differentiate component instances by using a different border color so it's more obvious that I'm looking at an instance rather than the main component.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Shortcut to make selected text styled as a hyperlink. Or maybe a shortcut for adding links?

Also add an overriding character style for hyperlinks with a common name like "[H|h]yperlink".

Similar to this, but not.
    https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045942953-Add-links-to-text#Style_links

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug: When you edit an animation in design mode and try to edit the time, there is an error when you try to type the time.

The textfield shows for example:
    0,5 Sec.

If try to edit and you type:
    0,6 Sec.

it goes back to
    0,5 Sec.

You need to type:
    0.6 Sec.
    to edit the field correctly.

And then, the field shows again:
    0,6 Sec.

Why? It drives me crazy when editing animations. It should be only. 0,6 (comma) and also SHOWING 0,6 but not this mixed mode.

Also it would be very convient if the "Sec". would…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow padding to work even if the background is a component. Currently, there's no easy way to have a component "shrinkwrap" around it's content, as you would commonly want with a card or panel.

Put another way, the limitations on https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/set-fixed-padding-for-components-groups.html# specifically state: "Components ... cannot act as a background for a group or component." Please remove this limitation!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We need to have a way to leave comments on specific objects or artboards in files with coediting enabled. Should be able to tag other people, assign the comment, and resolve when completed. Bonus points if you can integrate with, like, asana or trello or whatever.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. The ability for a designer to choose which component to add to CC Library.
    2. This is valuable because when we publish to the CC Library, it publishes ALL the components. It would be nice if we could pick & choose which components to publish as not all components are ready to be published to the CC Library and shared with other designers.
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great if libraries could be updated with a single click rather than the multiple click, pop-up window, sometimes blue bar on the bottom too, senseless process currently in place.

Updating assets in a document using a shared library could also do with "some" thought.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I occasionally come up against a situation where I have created two components that I realize should have been a single component.

When this happens I must repeatedly highlight the redundant component on the canvas and manually replace the component.

It would be great to have a way of simply replacing all occurrences of the redundant component.

In an ideal world, this function would be a smart replace where object attributes from the replaced component instances were applied to an object in the new component instance where its name and type matched.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Having copied a component from a different document and made it local, I think it would be more logical if the component was also tagged as the main component instead of just an instance.

This was the behaviour that I naturally assumed was taking place when I first did this because whenever I create a component in other circumstances the selected object is the main component.

When you implement the duplicate component functionality I would also argue for the duplicate component to be tagged as a main component.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)