Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Since many enterprise apps today runs on bootstrap Grids, I felt it would be great to have featur in adobe xd.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Sometimes I make a lot of vectors and I keep forgetting to make them into symbols. It would be great if we can have find and replace vectors for XD. This feature could do the following:
    1. Find and replace vectors across artboard or within an artboard.
    2. Find and replace vectors of similar size, but different colour/ or different size but same shape and colour etc.
    3. Find and replace text in artboards.
    4. Convert searched vectors into Symbols.
    5. Edit all search results in one place (same as symbols)
    6. Select all search results, so that I can…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Windows 10, Wacom Intuos 4 (a pretty common setup for designers) and XD doesn't seem to work at all!

I was excited to install XD and try it out on a project. I can't select anything, place anything, basically nothing works.

This is unlike the launch version of Dimension which pretty much all works with a user's or studio's standard Adobe based computer setup.

I've seen comments about this since January 2017, still nothing?

What computer and interface setup are you targeting exactly?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would be nice to select a group (or several) and be able to assign object-blur to all objects within, rather than having to select individual objects first. probably also applies to other common properties.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Problem:
    I often need to design with the future in mind, I need to be considering the product several releases ahead of dev. When it is time to share designs with the dev team we often spend a good portion of our conversation going over what the requirements are for the current release. Developers need to make sure what is required of them for the next release and it seems there is no way around this conversation except to spend time just removing things from the designs which I never do because, well, time.

Example:
    1. My designs might include…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sketch has a feature where it remembers the relative positioning or XY of objects within a group. So if you copy / paste from inside one group to another group you can paste items into the exact same position.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great to include (for the first time in the Adobe products) this feature with the align tools:
    - one click -> align on the selection
    - doucle click -> align on the workspace
    So that, there's no need to have a droplist where you have to choose on what you want to align (like in Photoshop and Illustrator).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sometimes when I build a project I'm looking at the best fonts to use. The issue I have is that some fonts are not licensed for mobile when I have just designed an entire mobile app using that typography.

Font that are not licensed for mobile app use should be hidden / filtered out.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. See Example https://css3gen.com/css-background-generator/
    As a user, I can draw box
    As a user, I can set a background image on that box.
    As a user, I can Set all the background properties on that box.

background-attachment Sets whether a
    background-image is fixed or scrolls with the rest of the page
    background-clip property specifies whether an element's background, either the color or image, extends underneath its border.<
    background-color Sets the background color of an element This is already a feature.
    background-image Sets the background image for an element
    background-position Sets the starting position of a background image
    background-repeat

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability is lacking to organise your artboards into some kind of chronological order – specifically when exporting all as a single file pdf for proofing. Can we please have a palette of some kind (maybe that is visible from the Window drop-down (as in Illustrator) or a link near the new layers and symbols icons at the bottom of the tools left-hand menu?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Instead of Drag / Drop images from outside of XD, an Image Library exists within XD similar to Illustrator. Images organized into named folders can be drag / drop into repeat grids, etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I like the center whatever I'm working on, currently it's impossible to do so with artboards on the edge of the canvas. I'd like to be able to pan outside it. I know you can zoom out, but I want to maintain a certain size for legibility reasons.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In photoshop, you can import .csh files that contain a myriad of UI icons and shapes, and then draw them in the same way as a rectangle or ellipse. This has been invaluable as i can simply choose the icon shape i wish to use, and then create it to the size i want. I understand that you can bring in vector objects from illustrator, but it would save time if a "custom shapes" option was added. Perhaps this would allow people to create a material design icon set, or an ios icon set that could be accessed on demand…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hidden characters and paragraph options are essential to my design work and they save up a lot of time. I know this comes from the print design approach but I still feels it's valuable to have more control on paragraphs rather than putting everything into a different box of copy.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Recently the company I work for has updated their UI. This change is major although we do incremental changes along the way. Now our app is in newelegant.css and our component libraries and prototypes are in legacy.css
    Our organization is also tool agnostic so as a design team we utilize a myriad of prototyping tools. for each tool someone will have to volunteer to go through and rebuild our components to match our new ui.
    Few people are using XD so I will proabbly have to do this. What a cool move would it be if I could ask the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi,
    We've been waiting for a long time for stack feature and very very good to see its first step.

Problem: 60x60 6 component instances are stacked as horizontally with 3 px gaps between them. When we tried to swap an instance with another which was 30x30 stack didn't make it aligned vertically.

Solution: Stack groups have to have align determinations. If stack group is horizontally we should able to select its default alignment (top, vertical middle, bottom) Off course it would be great if we could determine its dimension fixations like autoAlign tool do (Anima) but for now I…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Description of the feature

Use shadows and background blur on an object at the same time. Right now it seems the bg-blur blurs also the shadow? It gets muted down to 10% or something, I can barely see the shadow anymore.

Why this is valuable to you

This is important for iOS apps since translucency is key in iOS.

If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Since CMD+Shift+Click i'm able to select multiple object across different groups, but what if my group is also a component, then i'm only able to select with CMD+Click, but CMD+Shift+Click does'nt work if I want to select objects across differrent components

in the example I try to select a text field within the group. This only works for groups with CMD + Shift + Click, but if I do the same and I make a component of the group, it will select all components instead of just the textfields.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please return the ability to nudge components with the arrow key *while viewing the pixel distance indicator simultaneously during movement.

After the October 2019 update, users can no longer press alt+arrow key to nudge AND view the pink pixel distance indicator at the same time. The distance indicator only appears when tapping alt but not arrow (only on a static component).

In the past, after I selected a component, then hovered my cursor over a different nearby component, I could hold alt to see the distance indicator between the 2. As I nudged the selected component with the arrow keys,…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The Assets Panel gets to be very long. It would be quicker to navigate if the Colors, Character Styles and Components were separate panels.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)