Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Saw Talin Wadsworth talked about the recolor feature and it looks like an amazing feature to have.

Imagine instantly changing the color scheme of the UI just by choosing the colors from www.colors.adobe.com to show the client without manually changing the colors.

https://youtu.be/ipbqQSIPSZ8?t=10m20s

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Sorry if this request is already listed. Could not find it listed amongst the requests.

I absolutely LOVE how you can rearrange your artboards in Illustrator, and even adjust the layout order, columns or spacing between artboards (See attached screenshot).

It really neatens up the workspace, and it makes use of the artboard 'alpha number' instead of the artboards name when rearranging (allowing me to name my artboards whatever I like).

Would love to have a 'sorting' feature like that in Adobe XD please!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Is it possible to add review status in the library? - something for if this piece artwork is being review, in revision, waiting for approval, approved.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Alright, here's some feedback.

Thanks for adding linear gradients -- an essential part of UI design. The functionality of actually using them is great, but there are a few things you could do to help speed up the process of activating the tool in the first place.

Right now, it takes a minimum of three clicks to start using the gradient tool. That might not sound like a lot, but over the course of an hour, day, month, it adds up to a significant portion of time. Here are some base-level suggestions to improve the UX of this tool:

1)…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm working on a MAC BookPro with high density display. When I redesign existing apps, I take screenshots of small parts of my screen and paste them in XD. Then I recreate the components, icons... using the vector tools.
    When I work with a HD screen, I paste the screenshots and they are scaled 200% (because the OS captures twice more pixels). But it's not relevant in XD, I have to scale it down 50% to get accurate dimensions. I'd prefer XD to detect the screen density and scale it down if needed.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Could we have a place to share UI Kits and other assets

Here is a Foundation 6 one I've made to get things going

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Some LCD pixels are non-square shape. For example, displays for industrial devices. In this case, the aspect ratio of the pixel remains close to square -- usually the difference between horizontal and vertical does not exceed 10%.

But nevertheless, the distortion of the elements due to this distinction can sometimes be seen on the display destination (target) device.

Propose to add the sizes for non-square pixels, and the simulation display similar to pixels on a computer screen of the designer (whose pixels are square) to display on the screen the designer was the same as it is on the screen…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability to set column amount and gutter size within a single text box.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be be nice if there was a right-click option like "force path to shape." Paths do not have the edit options that shapes do.

For example, when I take a rectangle and change the edges or add new corners, XD automatically changes this to a "path." I've done this both intentionally and accidentally.

If I want to change this shape back to a rectangle so that I can edit the border radius, I have to redraw and restyle that shape from scratch. It would be really cool if Xd could identify the closest shape and force into that…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The padding tool is great, but for some cases, it would be great to have a possibility to leave it undefined. Example: I have a component that has a background and a text in it. I want to use it in a way that the background will take all the available space on the right of the text, regardless of the length of the text inside. Now I will not be able to do it otherwise than manually adjust the padding for each instance of this component.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Why components inside of another component are not changing immediately? When I have component inside of a group and I change the master component, those components inside of a group are changing immediately. But when i convert the group to component, I have to right-click every component inside that component and apply changes.

Is there a way to at least apply those changes to whole document? Or why it is not changing immediately?

1. If I have hundreds of child components inside of another component I would have to right-click all of them to apply changes from master component.
      It would…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I use a library file its MBs get added to every of the design files I use. And if I nest a library in another one e.g. I have some patterns that combine multiple component libraries, the pattern library becomes huge, slow, and impractical to use. Why is it that libraries have to be "copied" and their size added to that of the design file. There must be a more optimal way to handle libraries.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out. Since you asked, libraries are sync’d into your document in order to enable you to work while disconnected. That being said, we’re looking at alternate ways of sync’ing linked assets, so I’ll keep this open.

12. I'm a new user who just started a UX/UI bootcamp, and unfortunately (or fortunately) the video guides are already outdated. One thing I found very strange is that in the older versions you could have an individual grid layout for each art board, but now it looks like it's all or nothing, though it seems you still can individually change the square or or column variables of each grid overlay on each artboard separately.

This makes no sense. Say that I'm building a UI for for mobile and website, they would definitely be using a different grid overlay types and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great if we could copy an element, select an object on a new artboard, press cmd+shift+v and the copied element gets pasted at the same place as the element selected on a new or the same artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to be able to: create a shape -> hit i -> pick a color from source x ; hit (modifier key) e.g. shift + i -> pick stroke color. I see it as intuitive workflow as you could accomplish a repetitive task on one keyboard-sequence instead of actual use case: create a shape -> hit i -> pick a color from source x ; stop - defocus - find pointer - move pointer to right sidebar - find stroke field - find and click on eyedropper icon - find color source and move pointer to color source…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hanging bullets should be supported, but customizable bullets (ie. for branded icons) would set XD apart even more.

This is usually achieved in InDesign as anchored elements.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It'd be great if you could organize your layers into folders without grouping them on the actual artboard. It'd make selection much easier. For example, in Photoshop you can put layers in the same folder but they aren't necessarily "linked" meaning that clicking on one item doesn't select the entire group.

Currently the only way to organize your layers into folders is to physically group or link them on the actual artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. sometimes there are too many artboards to handle at same time , need SHORTCUT TO SWITCH BETWEEN ARTBOARDS INSTANTLY ... PLSEASE

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This feature request is perfectly in line with Adobe's push to "Accelerate your Work".

Wouldn't it be great if you could drag 20 6MB images in your repeat grid, for example, and know that XD has done the awesome work of evaluating the placeholder dimensions and optimized the dimensions & dpi of your pasted images for optimal file size or image quality?

If the user is pasting 25 images in a repeat grid that has a placeholder of 320px wide, it makes no sense that the imported images be at full resolution and dimensions behind the placeholder's mask.

I'm suggesting…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The current way the paste functionality works is counterintuitive when pasting elements on multiple artboards.
    If I select multiple artboards, it's because I want to paste the same object in the same place on all artboards. Right now if an artboard is not in the viewport the object is not pasted, and if an artboard is partially visible the object is pasted in the center of the visible area.
    There should be a way (modifier key or global preference) that allows the user to control the paste behavior

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)