Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. I would love it if the color palette automatically turns into a color picker if you move your mouse outside of the color box (like it does in photoshop). It's so much quicker and easier to select colors that way.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add a field in the inspector to see the percentage scaling of a given asset on the board. This would be good for bitmap images, so you can see if they are scaled at 100% or not. Contextual menus to reset scaling would be very nice.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I think it is necessary to have a tools for spacing control for words in character panel it will save designer time and will be smart process to design better

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently when working with multiple documents, if you have overwrites on a component. And you modify that component, and then paste the component or artboard into a file that has an outdated version of that component.

It will paste the components but reset the overwrites and set the component back to it's default state. It doesn't inform the user about why it just resetted all their content. Which can be extremely annoying to the user, as this seems very weird. (Which is why there are also several support tickets of people running into this issue).

After talking with support, I…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently when I right-click on a color or style in the assets panel and choose "highlight on canvas," all elements using that color or style will be outlined in blue. This is problematic when my design uses a similar blue, making it hard to see. I would like to be able to customize the highlight color to bright pink or some other color not used in my design so that it is very easy to see all highlighted elements at a glance.

Same feature was requested and described well on StackExchange here: https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/136145/can-i-change-the-color-used-by-highlight-on-canvas-feature

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A frequent flow is to edit master (ctrl+shift+k) and then zoom out, find the instance I was working on, zoom in+pan and continue the work.
    It would be very nice having a way to do the reverse flow (going back to previous instance to continue the work in the same windows I was without the zoom+hand).

I wondered the possible solutions:
    - A temporary floating button after going to master to return to the instance.
    - Shortcut to return to the previous instance.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Having a pan-around Navigator like in Illustrator / Photoshop would be very helpful. I often have 20+ artboards (sometimes a few hundred) and it's hard to find the one i need without zooming out, and then back in.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to drop a spreadsheet on a text field within a repeat grid. Dialogue would appear, allowing user to select the desired column of data.

Super useful whenever displaying lots of data. For example, when creating layouts for mobile that are based on tables in desktop versions (see attached).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Should be able to randomise repeat grid. For example, if I have only 4 images/content but want to show more than 4 on the screen to maybe scroll or create a pattern, so it shouldn't look monotonous, so the repeat might happen randomly. There could be a check mark saying 'Randomize'.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hi, I was wondering the possibility to have a preview of a screen design in grayscale, this can be very helpful for designers because we have to ensure accessibility to our designs and we need to validate that our designs still works without colors.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now do this with the Stark plugin, which is available within the plugins menu. I’ll leave this open in case you’re interested in having it natively in XD!

12. Please remove the color property from a text style.

Here's a story: i start a new project and define h1-h6, body text and subtext. At some point i need a white H1 that's overlaid on a photo. Currently, i can select H1, but it turns my text black so i have to make it white again. This can become frustrating when it repeats tens of times throughout a project. In my mind, text styles and color palette are separate. This problem applies to both CC Libraries and XD Assets.

Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. While stupid for others... this is something that I personally use a lot. Especially when working on the go. Hitting a tab and previewing the whole design for a quick check.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It can be a bit hard to see the color of the item that I'm changing the color of, so it would be awesome to have a color preview, which could be larger than that text I'm typing, on the color picker page. The attached image shows the perfect location for it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In photoshop, when you're editing text, hitting the enter' key found in the numerical portion of a keyboard then exits the 'text edit' mode, not create a new line. The normal 'enter' key should be for that.

Similarly, when changing any values such as text size, style etc in the right panel, pressing the 'numerical enter' key first accepts the value changes, and pressing it again should then exit the 'text edit' mode.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would be nice to actually get a live preview of typeface changes when you select text in the layout and scroll trough the fontlist. Like you get in Photoshop.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would be great to have not only Lorem Ipsum, but rather the "simulation" of text when you create title or text blocks.

The idea is to create wireframes without concerning at all in the first instance on font selection, etc. The focus is layout layout layout. After a second instance, this should be able to be converted to Lorem Ipsum to apply typography.

See image attached for the "simulation" reference.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I have a couple thoughts regarding zooming and fitting to screen:

1. Currently, Ctrl - 0 fits all artboards (the entire canvas) into view, while Ctrl - 1 zooms the entire canvas to 100%. I don't like it that way. It feels weird, it doesn't feel natural. I intuitively press Ctrl - Alt - 0 trying to zoom everything to 100% (as I'd do in other Adobe products), but that shortcut is unused, and instead it's used Ctrl + 1 to do the same. I get it that it's shorter, but it feels wrong. Maybe using both shortcuts? Ctrl - Alt…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Repeat grid text elements don't change when original is changed

If I create a repeat grid of a text element and change the text in the original element, the rest of the text elements in the grid don't change. I think it should change all elements unless I've changed the text in any of the other elements to override the original.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When I select rectangle tool in photoshop and click in the canvas (or in AI) it shows me a box for width, height and radius etc.

It would be great in XD especially when creating form elements and buttons.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)