Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. The Share button that appears at the top of the selected artboard is super annoying. I have clicked on it 100 times accidentally when I want to rename or move an artboard :( And it directly generates a new link! Horror. If you wan to keep this function - please move it somewhere else. Prototyping mode or actually the Share mode fit this button better.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. As an Adobe Xd user that uses many artboards & different stack groups, I would like for pasted items to align with the rest of the stack group when adding more objects instead of pasting in the exact same coordinates that it's pasted from.

See video attached for example:
    1. I copy an object that I want in a different stack (this can be any object on any artboard)
    2. I double-click into the stack group to paste the new object.
    3. Paste the object
    4. The resulting object is pasted at the exact coordinates that it was copied from…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Let's say I create a simple button component. Then I want to have an outlined button. Then I want to have both buttons have a state containing an icon. Then I want all these to have a hover, active, and disabled states. On top of all this, I want a version of all of this for light mode and a version for dark mode.

See where I am getting at? I am creating a design system that my team can reuse for their designs. Many of the components I am trying to create are fairly complex and creating a separate…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make a shortcut for creating a "Hover state" from components. Ctrl/command+H is available.

Making component is easy with Command/Ctrl+K. 3 secs is wasted dragging the mouse to click on the (+) to create "Hover state".

Implementing a shortcut would be productive.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When designing components in XD, I create components with placeholder content.

Example: I Have a widget with a title 'Expenses' and placeholder content '$X,XXX.XX'. I do this because I have a variety of screens with the widget that has different values in the placeholder content. Ex: '$9,473.56' or '$7,120.58'.

Whenever I change the master component to update the design, all the instances of placeholder content I created are reverted back to '$X,XXX.XX'.

I need a way to to keep certain texts fields in components from changing when updating components.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. XD is becoming dominant, and I love the Guide featured added in XD. However, the guide can be even further improved if you add a feature allowing duplicate the guide or create a guide using the guide itself.

Details:
    Unlike Photoshop and Illustrator, XD artboards don't have a fixed ruler on the interface. Guides can be added from the top and left artboard borders, which is fine. The issue is when we are working with a zoomed level on any object, the top and left edge of the artboard is not accessible, and creating a guide either we have to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like a preference or checkbox or some way to disable the welcome screen (that intro screen that pops up after closing a project with the headline "Design. Prototype. Share."

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Recently XD updated its app to have the ability to have a polygon tool. This is great, unfortunately we are only able to change the radius of the corners across the entire object. It would be great to be able to, for instance, make only one corner in a triangle round, without having to do masks for each corner.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I have 2 files, lets say A file and B file. in A file I have a big component (like header) and I want to use a small component (button) created in the B file in this bigger component present in the A file. I use the big component in both files. Now it works like that: I have to go the file A and insert a copy of the small component into the big one. The problem is when I update the small component master - it turns out that the update will not be made in the bigger…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add ability to use nonbreaking space between words.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Freeform Gradient is my illustrator cc 2019 favorite new feature (and I think I speak for many designers) and it has a lot a of use in interfaces . Please add it to Adobe XD!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I have a group of shapes that makes up an icon. When I resize them with the mouse, or Shift+Mouse to keep the scale, it works fine. When I use the right-hand panel Width / Height inputs, the sub-shapes seem to move, but not resize. Or, if I change it quickly, some really strange stuff happens.

Version 13.1.32.8 - Windows 10

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Similar to the way the other apps (illustrator, photoshop, indesign, after effects) work it would be great if we can place linked artboards into XD.

Linked files/artboards would allow us to update the source file and have the artwork update automatically within XD.

Using CC Libraries doesn't work the same way because libraries can only store individual assets, versus multiple assets that can be stored within an illustrator or photoshop file.

A specific use case might be where a complex set of illustrations made in illustrator/photoshop needs color adjustments by a client.

With CC libraries one would have to update…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. So when I design a prototype I might have a Home screen that goes something like this
    Home>A screen>B screen> C screen > Finish

A client might want multiple examples for the same flow so i would need to duplicate the whole flow to something like this:
    Home>a2 screen> b2 screen>c3 screen> finish

The idea:
    Enable sticky overlays if prototype goes through it, replacing key objects on the screens without the need to duplicate all of the screens and slowing the whole prototype down.
    Home>Screen 1 overlay> would result in a1 screen>b1>screen>c1 screen
    Home> screen 2 overlay would result in…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It's great that we can customize the height of the viewport in XD. However, it would be very useful to be able to adjust the position at where the viewport starts when entering the page in preview mode.

For example: if I'm making a screen for an instant messaging app, I want to start from the bottom of the design and scroll up the page as to see 'older' messages. But I cannot do this because the view always starts at the top.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would suggest you to update new features that supports augmented reality app ux design.

More than 200 companies working on Augmented Glasses and already launched their working prototype. For example microsoft hololens.

This is the feature of technology and adobe must updated before someone takeover in market.

Let me know if you need more information.
    Thank you.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It urgently needs an easy way to bring icons into the design. It should be possible to include icons like "material", "simple-line-icons", "lonicons", "FontAwesome" via a selection window. Currently, it is only very laborious about Illustrator.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Basically, I think it would be great if you had general web buttons/tabs/text/form fields eg. bootstrap themed kit. that gave you elements to drag and drop would help speed up process. Also pre-set layout themes of basic simple web page that has already been laid out and can edit from there. eg.. Simple one page webpage layout with header.. nav.. footer.. and gallery section.. etc. Would really help get someone off to good start with a concept built instead of having to build it all from ground up.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Always in a spirit to save time, it will be great to coloring monochrome bitmap with pipette without Photoshop.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There are not many professionals who like the creative cloud. It's cumbersome, awkward to use, not user friendly and slow. It's like the UI for the Typekit website - not fit for purpose. For some of the exciting features you have shown at MAX, history states and multi-user document access, please don't tie these to Creative cloud. Don't let 'Adobe' bully you into using legacy frameworks to support innovation. A lot of pro users will want to decide the place they write data to or use their own cloud service. For example, some of the worst performance I have seen…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)