Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Is there a plugin or way to mass edit widows/orphans in text?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Selection and operations on multiple objects has a considerable improvement potential to better meet the professional needs.

I would love to be able to conveniently select, then change and also add, subtract to etc. to the relative position of multiple selected elements like in Sketch.

Use case: While cooperatively working with a XD file a designer Ted want's to check, if one specific element used all over his huge design went a little bit off of their desired positions., which causes flickering in the prototype. Optimally Ted does the following:

1. Ted selects the suspected Element to find out the exact…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I click ”Edit Main Component“, the Main Component is automatically pushed on the top position of a group. That kills the design which is based on stacks. Make it stop or at least give the option to turn it off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  4. When I am typing text or creating an object, I always want to be able to click ESC to deselect the active object. Currently the touchbar in XD causes my ESC button to disappear. In order to stop typing inside of a text object I have to click on the canvas, which creates another text object.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Many of my components have standard locations on an artboard. I would like components to snap to that default location.

At a minimum the default location needs to be specified in the following ways:
    a. As an xy co-ordinate from the top left of the Artboard.
    b. As centred at a y co-ordinate

However, it would also be good if the distance from the bottom and right-hand side of the artboard could also be specified, and also the distance in terms of fractions of artboard height and width.

I envision the component snapping into the correct position whenever a component…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi,

would it be possible to move the 3D rotation point, so we can rotate something like a door on a hinge rather than spin around the centre?

At the moment, it's possible to rotate and move, but it doesn't keep an edge in exactly the same place using the autoanimate options - it's a bit floaty.

Thank you,
    Adam

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When transitioning from one library to another in XD, Wish the title (as well as the left chevron) was clickable. The current click zone is VERY small.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I believe you could make a number of characters limit box on the right menu, this would help UX writers to make better text to fit the layout.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great to be able to copy all the position and transformation values with one click and then be able to paste them onto another object with another click instead of copying one value at a time to match the exact position.

It could be similar to this type of menu from Unity

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. All the time when I need to manage links, I have to go open a new file to access and Manager Links.

Would be nice to have that easy access right on the File or View > Manager Links.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I have a master component on an artboard that I resize with the Responsive Resize option turned on the component is resized but doesn't update the other instances of the component. So far so good. But it looks like the master component is now a different size (filled diamond symbol) but when I drag a new instance of this component from the sidebar it is still the size it was before resizing it. And if I edit the resized master component it messes up the other instances that are still the same size as before. So something is not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please can you restore sorting of character styles by style rather than by date added

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I've mostly loved XD for the improvements made in the last year as someone who uses it daily and most of my day. The latest update has been very disappointing. I understand that perhaps some people use their adobe stocks regularly or perhaps you guys really want to promote it but to be honest the change to default to always open a random folder in the Creative Cloud libraries (what I use only 0.1% of the time) is very annoying. I had to click around to toggle them off in order to hide them but then this preference isn't saved…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The new feature 3d transform made a great role in designing UI in xd and we designers lack the button for flip the transformed objects or shapes. So please consider this in the next update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add an option to reset a component, that has other nested components inside of it, to its master state without resetting its nested components.

I often build master components, that includes other components, which are not in their main state (could for instance be a button with its text changed). If I then duplicate the master component (the one including the nested ones) to create a child of it, overwrite something in it, and then later on regrets it, I can reset it to its main state, but it will then also reset all the nested components to their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It seems silly, but that the layer that makes a mask has its icon and is automatically called "Mask" helps a lot in projects with many layers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When having nested components in a main component and then creating instances of that main component and swapping the nested components inside that instance, the nested components in the instance no longer reflect the position, scale, etc of the main component if you move the nested component around. You can see an example from @ArvidFB (twitter) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixz2-ePjLWs&feature=youtu.be

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I frequently toggle between the layers and assets panel. I find it frustrating that my previous search is still present when I toggle back to the assets panel. Right now, I have to move my cursor over to the search bar, clear it, and type my new search (I almost always rely on search to find an asset rather than scrolling through the list).

I would like for the search to reset when the assets panel is reopened, and for the search bar to be auto-focused when I open the assets panel. This way, every time I open the panel…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When you hover over a group and see the blue highlight, you should be allowed to click and select that group. This will make selecting things SO much easier!!

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When pasting from a mac screenshot the retina image is x2 the actual size. This means every time you paste in a screenshot you have to divide the width by 2 to get the correct dimensions. Can you detect a retina asset when pasting and compensate? If you use this pattern all the time it is a drag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)