Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. For Fast Scanning, Add Dropdown Arrow for Groups/Folders in Layer Panel to Mirror Other Adobe Products

Hello,

Currently, there are no dropdown arrows next to folders within the layer panel. These dropdown arrows are something we see in other Adobe products and have for ages.

When scrolling through large documents, the folders/groups don't stand out enough for easy scanning.

Please add a dropdown arrow to the left of the folder like Photoshop has.

Doing this will allow for faster scanning and locating of groups, as it creates a subtle callout for these special layer panel elements by indenting them slightly.

Further, adding an arrow is also an appropriate Call To Action for this type of element…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text Border / Bounding Box

The attached screenshot has the "System" text on top of the box.

CURRENTLY: I need to create a layer underneath to break the line and make the system on top of it. This is troublesome if I'm working with a page that has 10000-000000-00000 input fields.

ASK: If i have a way to make the text' border 5, i can effectively eliminate the need to create a layer underneath, the amount of work is going to be halved, and that will scale.

ASK2: if not, can i have a solid box to cover the line where the text will be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Do not change visibility in the layers panel to the top of the selection for multi-selection

I have a very large list of groups, when I select a few of them at random down the list every time I select one from the bottom the panel scrolls back up to the top of the selection, so I have to scroll back down to keep going. It would be great if this worked like everything else where there is no automatic scroll back to top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Lock asymmetric radii on rectangles

When I use radius 0 10 10 10 for example, I wish to have option to lock the corners separately, so when I use handle to adjust the locked one doesn't change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reveal Components in Assets – filter to those assets only

When user selects "reveal components in assets", the panel should filter to those components only within the assets panel.

As it works now, it highlights all of the components in the asset panel without filtering the other components, and if you have many components, it makes it very difficult to find.

I realize the components are highlighted in blue, but when the mouse cursors over the components, they're highlighted with a gray/black stroke, making it very very frustrating to find the component you're looking for.

By filtering only to the component(s) selected, it would be far easier to find.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Duplicate artboard should avoid objects in the pasteboard

You know how sometimes you take pieces off of your artboard and put them 'aside' for later? When you duplicate an artboard those areas that hold design items (like texts, icons, boxes) should be considered occupied so you don't end up duplicating an artboard and have those spare parts now part of it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Alt+Drag to duplicate in the layers panel

Drag and Drop Elements in the layer panel and copy them by holding ALT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Arrange tools and their properties in separate Panels

It should be possible to open tools and properties in separat panels like in every other Adobe Software ...

So you can - for example - look at layers and components at the same time, having the font properties always open, having a different panel for pathfinder options etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export to .ico format

Is it possible to export icon as .ico format? I wanted to save save icon for "favicon"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change text overflow UI

Currently overflow text shows up as a filled blue circle. this is not a clear indicator when looking for errors. i believe making this at the least red will have a better impact. if it could also be a plus sign perhaps to indicate there is "more" below, similar to indesign.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Coedit Collaborate Save Notification Frequency

When co-editing (collaborating), we are bombarded with the save and sync pop-up every 30-60 seconds. It is a major pain. Is it possible to set the save/update frequency? My team does not work on the same artboard or components at the same time, so we do not need to sync with each other os frequently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you don’t have coediting actually enabled. It is currently a per-document setting that the document owner need to opt into from the Invite to Edit menu. Once coediting is enabled, you should not receive a “save and sync” pop-up.

12. Measure against content of repeat grid cells

Sometimes when setting up a repeat grid, the boundary doesn't align with the edges of the objects within the repeat grid. This creates two different measurements of distance: one to the boundary of the Repeat Grid, and one to the actual objects within the grid. I'm assuming that due to how Repeat Grids are coded, that it might be difficult to have the boundary always correspond to the edge of the contents within the Repeat Grid, so I think having distance measurements prioritize the actual contents and/or completely ignore the Repeat Grid boundary would be a nice feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Type System Generator

Allow users to define a base font size and scale ratio to generate a full type system in the typography asset window.

Example:

• I create my body type as 22px Roboto

• I add the font to my typography asset panel

• I navigate to the asset panel, right click the font and in the context window and select "Create system from type"

• The asset panel is propogated by H1, H2, H3, etc. based on the original type

• At the top of the typography asset section, there is a dropdown with different scale ratios to select

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding text alignment in character style edit

When I edit an existing character style, I don't get to edit the text alignment that is left, center or right. It would be great to add this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide selected layers with one click

I'd like to be able to select multiple layers and hide or show them with one click.

Currently I have to click on hide/show on each individual layer, wasting unnecessary time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Choose layer as the mask

"Mask with Shape" always selects the top object as the mask, but sometimes we want the bottom object to be the mask.

The selection order, or an additional buttom, should provide the option to choose who's the mask.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Populate text objects with rich formatting

I would like to have a way populate text boxes with text and retain formatting/special characters including indents and spacing. I have content in word and would love for a plugin that could populate each text box (maybe by treating each paragraph break as a different box)? I develop technical training and am using XD for storyboarding--this is a huge limitation with content that is technical in nature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Revert to master component values on a per property basis

Currently when master component values are overriden, the only way to revert the overriden values is to do so as a whole object. There is no way to just revert one property or one specific object inside the component. In Unity (game engine) they use a prefab system (similar to components) where any value that has been overridden has a blue bar beside the value in the component value panel. This way you can right click each value and revert it to the master on an individual basis. This can save a ton of time versus going back to master…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drag into mask group in the layers panel

In photoshop it's really really easy to create Hero-Image for example with 3 options (And show/hide these options - or save these options for future development) -- see the file attached.

This "basic" idea is very hard to manage by Adobe XD (Also hard to change images inside a frame - you find this issue as
    separate topic).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Font-weight sort/arrange by weight (thin to regular to black)

The font-weight should be displayed in the right order as follows
    -regular-italic-bold-bolditalic
    and in larger families
    -thin-thinItalic-extralight....-light...-regular....-medium....-semibold.....-bold...-extrabold...-black
    Right now it is arranged in a random order which is bad experience for designers to search the entire list to sharp shoot the one we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base