Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. The gird layout seems to work automatically which isn't correct and not how web design works from a coding point of view.

I simply want to have 45px margins on the left and right with a 12 grid column. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do this. It keeps re-adjusting things.

Is this suppose to work like this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Transparent borders can help with thinning out icons and text without having to change colors for a specific page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. This issue has been raised at least once before and closed as by design. Here is the issue and request:

Repro:
    - open the layers panel
    - draw a shape
    - select it and press CTRL + K to make it a symbol
    - rename the symbol in the Layers panel
    - switch to the Assets panel
    notice: the new symbol is still named Symbol XX
    expect:
    1 - an option to name both the symbol and the instance when you first create it, so you don't have to name it twice (once in the Layers panel and again in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The way I would like to see it is like this:

1. First it should have 2 modes: auto and manual. Auto would generate all columns equal based on single column and gutter values. Manual would let you set your columns and gutters at whatever values one wishes.
    2. It needs to be draggable with the mouse and you should be able to see near the grid line the values of the column you are changing.
    3. After the grid is made mouse interactive, the way you would create one grid could be something like this: First you set the first line mirrored…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I create a new symbol. I can rename the instances in the layers panel.
    Then, I rename the symbol in the assets panel. This overrides the custom names of the instances of my symbol.

This behavior is inconsistent with the notion of instance in Adobe XD. When I change an element of an instance, all my instances are updated accordingly. There is no notion of a master symbol.

Why can I rename an instance one by one if all the names can be overridden when renaming via the assets panel wherease any UI change in an instance directly affects all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Select the layer you wish to keep the group name of
    2. Select all layers that should be part of the group
    3. CNTRL SHFT + G
    4. Result = Layer keeps its name using the first layer selected

When ungrouping, XD should maintain previous layer names derived from the same process. This seems to be the core of my layer challenges. That being said, I love how fast I can move in and out of layer by "layer-clicking" through the layer under my pointer.

LOVE this app now... thank you!
    LIn

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Whenever I try to highlight type so I can make a change, the type does not get highlighted, instead it creates a new text area. XD should work the same way Illustrator does when it comes to highlighting, selecting, editing type.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like the ability to decide what is included in the "grid gap" between shapes for example I would like to choose to ignore shape effects such as shadows.

Currently (v14) I need to mentally subtract the width of the shadow from the repeat grid spacing to ensure the layout is displayed correctly for development.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I should be able to drag character styles defined by me and drop onto screen with default text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Introduce a 'Sketched View' mode, which a designer can toggle on/off. This would effectively remove all color from an artboard/design and render lines,borders,shapes with a slightly hand drawn effect, greyscale images, etc. You may have produced a lovely design but don't want the client to initially get held up on color choices. Once layout tweaked/approved you can then turn off 'Sketched View' and re-publish for the next review stage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I've seen hundreds of newbies get their hands on Xd for the first time, and they always hit the separate corners button before setting the desired value, not understanding that the value entry box is already related to the button on the left. Please re-arrange them and use a more conventional and intuitive mapping of these buttons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Got it! Thanks for the clarification and the suggestion. I’ve edited the title to be more concise and applicable to your suggestion, and I’ll leave it open for others to upvote.

11. I'd personally prefer the icons on the layers (mark as asset/batch ; lock/unlock ; view/hide) to be visible at all times and have a hover/ active state rather than being invisible until you click it.

I supposed the goal is to get used to it and remember which is where but I often find myself having to click twice or three times to find the right icon for the right action which becomes annoying.

See attachment for reference to icons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Art boards start off being placed at the center of the canvas but as projects grow and things are placed outside of art boards it becomes difficult and time consuming to move the group to the upper most bounds. By default the art board should be placed in the upper-most right corner of the canvas to maximize space and minimize the pain that comes in moving when you realize you are out of canvas space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Muse has a great function for moving objects vertically. If you select an object an arrow appears on the left which allows you to move this object and all objects below it together without selecting or grouping it.

This would be very helpful while designing layouts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If a dash and gap lengths do not evenly go around the circumference of an object, a merged dash will occur, making it uneven. To avoid the merge or the incorrect gap on the top, XD would have to average/modify the gaps or the lengths so to automatically change values for those. I hope to see this option implemented for border strokes in the future.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would suggest to give option to twist gradient point to make more effect.

See attached image.
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I know you can use the mouse to drag layers into and out of groups, but it would be nice if there was a keyboard shortcut to do that as well. Or if the current keystrokes for moving layers allowed you to move layers in this way.

This has become more of an issue to me now that we can paste a layer into multiple artboards (which is awesome!). I'm still having to go in and drag my layers into the right spot after pasting. Or worse, having to cut and paste the newly-added layer into a specialized group (symbol,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please 'save as default' padding / spacing on the repeat grid tool & allow for numerical input for x and y axis on repeat grid, opposed to the click & drag pink areas.

It is infuriating having to adjust and be specific to get the exact spacing I require, I need accuracy & time saving. Therefore, enter my x & y figures in a text input field in the toolbar on the right, followed by a save as default tick box or button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently, you have to hit either Cmd+S or ESC to exit a text box once you've finished modifying. Deselect All (Cmd+Shift+A) doesn't do that for you the same way it does in Illustrator and InDesign. It'd be nice to have that as an option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Typekit has included a spectacular coloured font for the benefit of Photoshop & Illustrator users. (Even InDesign doesn't have it.) So are the developers going to allow XD to become one of the chosen few? Its inclusion could be part of a major overhaul of the usable fonts for this software.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)