Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. It seems clickable area is set to the exact size of closing icon? Could you make it a bit bigger?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. PROBLEM:
    Sometimes my artboard collapses out of nowhere so I have to double click the artboard name to open it back up to see the layers again. But when I do that, XD zooms me out to see the entire artboard. So I have to zoom back in to find the section I was working on again.

SOLUTION:
    If the artboard you're opening is the one that's already in view, don't perform any zooming actions. (I understand that this feature is to help you find artboards when you need to, but it doesn't help when you're already on it)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to make the Grid static or un-responsive so it doesn't move and change parameters when I resise the artboard.

I have to recalculate the grid all the time and it's a hassle. Other competitor apps already have this and it's a huge timesaver for designers and developers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. On each artboard the must be different color of guide lines representing different spacings used in other artboards, this would help designer to keep similar spacing among different assets in all artboards.

For reference spacing, you can use 1st artboard, Note all the spacings and give them a specific color. Now on next art board when user move any object guide them with those colors it would help them to keep unity in all artboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make Haptic Feedback available when you move you grind lines on a art board on Mac.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add css type pseudo interaction states; :hover, :active, :visited, :disabled, :target etc. within design mode to be visible in share mode

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have 10 rather large artboards in my workspace; and they all use guides; I just noticed that after a certain level of zooming out, all guides vanish, and only visible again after you zoom in again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Scroll bar for the left column is very thin and difficult to grasp/click, please make it thicker, like a normal browser scroll

2. Please create a dedicated workspace scroll bar on the right side; this is especially needed when the XD app window is narrowed in size

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• While working on a design we have to make lot of components at one go or as we update when building applications from scratch.
    • In order to jump from one state to other we have to scroll all the way down or up if I need to go from state 1-5 to state 40-45 and, vice versa, as it is time consuming.
    • Please add a feature to extend the side panel to whatever size user wants as it will help in better design for the user and will secure time wastage.
    • Sketch already has similar feature, I have attached a…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In Illustrator or other adobe products I remember a menu dedicated to selection.
    I'd like to have a collection of selection functions all in one place:
    Something to select items with the same properties.
    Toggle how select all works (all art boards, all visible, or current art board only)
    select all objects above
    select all objects below

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A very common scenario where I am trying to align an icon to thr right of the screen with a padding like the one I used on the left of the screen. Wouldn't it be cool if XD suggests "Hey you used 16px to align your header to the left of the art board/object would you like to keep icon also to 16px from the right?'

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I often design without selecting my colors from the color assets or forget to use a font from the Asset panel. After some time and a lot of artboards I have no overview anymore where I have to adjust this. It would be good to have a way to highlight all styles (colors, fonts) that are not currently added to the asset panel, so I can easily select these elements and change them accordingly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As a user, I want to be able to use CONTROL/COMMAND + F to search the assets so that I can quickly find what I am looking for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When selecting a text to change its color, I would like to be able to see the text without the selection, so I can compare its new color against the background color. Right now I have to make a guess since I don't see the background, but I see the selection highlighted. Can you hide the selection highlight while I am choosing a color? Thank youuu!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Method: Working with a set of Canvasses I always use the 'off Artboard' area next to the Artboard as a 'holding area' for assets/content.

Problem:
    When I move an Artboard all the content/assets that are related to that Artboard (on canvas) need to be moved separately.

Feature: Regions
    I can create a container called a REGION, similar to an Artboard, to move all objects within the container.

Example:
    I have a Region that contains 2 Artboards and 6 assets on the Canvas next to the Artboards.
    All 8 items move when I drag and drop the Region.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When I touch a corner the spot for rotate and resize are so close that when my mouse lags just a mili second I rotate the whole element instead of scaling it. I would see some space between the area where the rotation-arrows appear so there is a better differentiation and a more robust use of both tools when selecting and scaling an object.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why is not possible to select group of linked components and delete them from project? Why this is only possible individually? I’m enclosing image.

In general the management of components is quite week and not user friendly. I can link all components from others projects, but then I cannot unlink them or manage them at all... Good idea, but functionality is not quite finished .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would love to select a group of items, see a list of the used colors, manipulate them and be done.

It would help me to quickly change multiple objects colors and save a lot of time in comparison to sketch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add the ability to search the canvas for exact matches of a master component to turn into instances.

Scenario: you’ve created an element (button, icon, whatever) and forgot to make it a component. Before long... you have 30 of them scattered around and want to make an adjustment. Oops!

It’d be nice if you could turn one into a master component, then have the option to search the canvas for identical elements to turn into instances of that component.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to have a feature that allow me to drop a screen capture of a web page and make some kind of "trace" like in Illsutrator, but in this case Adobe XD would create vector elements for every item that detects on the image. Like an OCR for an image.

I have to redraw pages sometimes and this would save a lot of time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)