Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Photoshop-style layers (one layer per object) quickly creates a messy layers palette which encourages far too much pointing, clicking, dragging, grouping, naming and organising - it breeds design inefficiency.

We’ve been using Photoshop for web design in spite of this, not because of it!

Few will request this feature so please take a leadership role and ensure fast, digital design iteration isn’t ruined by photo editing paradigms.

Loving this much-needed application so far - great work!

Cheers

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Allow palettes to be moved to one side of the screen.

The default location of palettes force you to constantly move from far left to far right of a large monitor - it's actually quite painful when you're used to having all palettes/tools on one side and your artwork on the other.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I wish there was a way to change the default drop shadow setting.

I'm in a project now where I decided to add a dropshadow to a number of boxes that are already made on my project. I have to go in and fill in the drop shadow settings every time because they default back to: X:0 Y:3 B:6, which aren't the settings im using.

Thanks!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export options should be more robust. I also find unwanted borders on some elements (a tile design with shadow) when exported to a PDF.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m separating out this feature to focus on PDF export issues, as we have many export option suggestions already in the system. I highly suggest you search for specific features you’re looking for in export.

Thanks,

-Elaine

5. Be able to flatten layers into a rasterized layer.
    Right now, I need to export a layer to flatten it, then bring it back into an artboard in order to apply a blur effect. It would be nice to not have to leave Xd and then drag in an image. It disrupts the workflow a bit.
    *nice to have

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When the fill color opacity is lowered, the shadow should not show through.

The fill opacity is also affecting the shadow's opacity. These controls should be independent of each other.

I have attached a screen shots from xd that shows the issue and a screen shot from sketch that shows the desired result. The circle on both are filled with #ffffff at 50% opacity.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we’d like to get more feedback on.

a) Some apps (such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign) behave the way XD does now: reducing fill opacity (not overall object opacity) keeps the whole shadow visible but reduces its opacity in proportion with the fill color’s opacity. At zero fill opacity, the shadow is completely gone along with the fill (unless you have a border, in which case you have a thin ring-shaped shadow left).

b) Other apps (such as Photoshop or Sketch) behave differently: reducing fill opacity leaves the shadow’s opacity at full strength, but clips the shadow so you don’t see it through the translucent fill. At zero fill opacity, in the middle of the shape you can see what’s behind it completely unobscured, but outside the shape’s edges you still see the drop shadow at full strength.

Which one do people prefer? Do you need to…

7. Usecase:
    Often you will spend days organizing a collection of artboards that you want to export at 1 graphic. 1 way to achieve this is to create a new large artboard and copy and paste your UI from all of them onto the new artboard then export.

If you look at Facebooks toolkit you can see how they have created an outter artboard ideally if you selected it it would include all of the artboards are are on the inside of the main artboard as part of export.
    http://facebook.design/ios10

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can we have a keyboard shortcut for align to pixel grid please - it's time consuming to do this all the time.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The iPhone 6 has screen dimensions that aren't divisible by 8. As a result, placing a regular grid means that the last grid on the right and bottom and off.

Given that UI designs are bilateral vertically, if you want to make the side margins 16pts and aligned with the grid, the left margin will be off the grid.

To counter that you can make the center grid off by that 1pt, which normally doesn't affect the placement of objects as much.

The same could be done for the horizontal grid, however since most apps aren't bilateral horizontally this is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There are not many professionals who like the creative cloud. It's cumbersome, awkward to use, not user friendly and slow. It's like the UI for the Typekit website - not fit for purpose. For some of the exciting features you have shown at MAX, history states and multi-user document access, please don't tie these to Creative cloud. Don't let 'Adobe' bully you into using legacy frameworks to support innovation. A lot of pro users will want to decide the place they write data to or use their own cloud service. For example, some of the worst performance I have seen…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As explained the title, the ability for designers to add notes whilst working, to art boards, to remember ideas, note down comments from users/team members etc

432 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Is it possible to add review status in the library? - something for if this piece artwork is being review, in revision, waiting for approval, approved.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. This is a simple yet time saving feature. If you create a new shape holding down the shift-key the little "Lock Aspect" lock-icon should be locked.

Because in most of the time Users create shapes with shift to resize the width and hight at the sam time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Could you please add the feature to align multiple selected objects on the artboard.

Sketch has this feature were you could select (lets say) two objects and align them with them self by pressing the align-icon, but if you hold the alt-key you could align them on the artboard

With this feature you don't always have to group multiple objects to align them on the artboard.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After drawing a line for a line graph with the pen tool I realised that my points weren't easily spaced. It would be great to be able to fix this issue by selecting all of the points and distributing them evenly using the alignment tools at the top right.

Writing this I realise that maybe I should just turn on the grid tool and space them evenly first time but this may come in handy for other situations too?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I use a lot of zooming in/zooming out while working with XD, it will be cool if I can keep the button cmd or alt pressed and the zoom will block at 100%.

So if I'm at 60% and pinch zoom with "alt" or "cmd" pressed, the max zoom will get to 100% and not over). Same thing when I'm on 200% (working on some details) and want to zoom out.

Trackpad user will benefit from that, so easy to zoom in/out with a trackpad but sometimes I need 5 or 6 pinches to find the perfect 100%

Thank you…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great if we could assign a content type to an object (graphic, text, unassigned) and set the inset spacing you want applied as well like you can currently InDesign (see screenshots).

It avoids the extra work to create an object and text field separately and group them. This also ensures that the text is always vertically and horizontally centered within your object (see button example in screenshot).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would love to see type scales (type-scale.com) built in to the forthcoming(?) Style Guide. A quick way to set a base size, and establish your heading sizes/line heights.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When you type copy in a box, if you type ... it converts it to a ... object which is not the same thing. So for example, working on client work where you need a format like

Subtotal.............................................$10.99

XD goes in and changes every . . . into a ... single object. It messes up the formatting especially if your dots don't work in sets of 3, because then you have ... ... ... . .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would love it if the color palette automatically turns into a color picker if you move your mouse outside of the color box (like it does in photoshop). It's so much quicker and easier to select colors that way.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)