Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. The addition of a few features to the right click menu in the assets panel would definitely improve productivity.

1. Rename - The ability to right click and rename objects in the assets panel would greatly improve the ability to organize objects instead of the current method of navigating to list view and then renaming objects.

2. Edit - The ability to right click and edit any asset (as is currently possible only with colors) would be extremely useful for assets that are used infrequently in large projects that would have to be found manually and changed on the canvas.

3. Export -…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The fixed position option is fantastic but could benefit from being easier to access. Adding the fixed position option to the context menu or just adding a a keyboard shortcut would greatly benefit many designers' workflows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  3. I would suggest to give option to twist gradient point to make more effect.

See attached image.
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Say that I have a circle, and I want to create a light bulb base. I go into the 'distortion' mode and begin to distort the shape using the points given. I would like the ability to mirror the distortion on both sides or all sides of the shape. In other words, if there 2 distortion points on either side of the object, I would like to be able to distort one point, and the option to mirror that distortion on the other side. This is especially important when distorting shapes with curves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please 'save as default' padding / spacing on the repeat grid tool & allow for numerical input for x and y axis on repeat grid, opposed to the click & drag pink areas.

It is infuriating having to adjust and be specific to get the exact spacing I require, I need accuracy & time saving. Therefore, enter my x & y figures in a text input field in the toolbar on the right, followed by a save as default tick box or button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently, you have to hit either Cmd+S or ESC to exit a text box once you've finished modifying. Deselect All (Cmd+Shift+A) doesn't do that for you the same way it does in Illustrator and InDesign. It'd be nice to have that as an option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shortcut for color picker and import of hex directly to color library.

First off, great tool you have created so far. Secondly I wanted to propose to have shortcuts for the color picker. I find the new version pretty great already, but what I am really missing is a shortcut, similar to that of photoshop, illustrator, indesign, …
    My guess is that since you have 3 distinct colors to choose (fill, outline and gradient) this poses a problem. I was wondering, if you still can’t make a version, like that of PS. Press "i" to choose the tool (should be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Switch on and off grid with W key like in InDesign

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Visualizing data (A plugin/Feature) should be made available in Adobe XD, since it will enhance productivity of the designer who is currently struggling with many tool to achieve the desired results.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Any UI Kit for Google Glass Enterprise?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. To access the color palette today, you need to click on the 'Fill' or ' Border' button. The color palette appears as a fly-out color menu. Please remove that. Instead, place it inside the right column under 'Fill' or 'Border' depending on what you choose. Why? 1. It's annoying. 2. It requires extra clicking to access 'Fill' or 'Border'. And that's less great ux. 3. It will take less screen real estate. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a group out of some elements, convert it into a symbol and then ungroup the symbol instance. The result will be that you have the elements in the group all standalone instead of getting back your group.

Solution: When ungrouping a symbol instance convert it into a group named by the symbol's (current) label. I experienced that it is more often the case that you want to keep your element compositions grouped but only change some detail on it for specific purposes.

At the moment you have to group things twice and name the outer and inner group the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can it be integrated with Adobe Sensei in future? That will surely automate few things for the end users

1) UI kits can be automatically downloaded and installed within XD. Suppose a user is working on the android artboard, he will get all the android related UI kits on the go.

2) Specific UI elements can be searched by name and instantly applied in the design system while working, it will surely save time when one had to find specific UI element in a huge document.

Think of a side panel of UI library integrated with Adobe Sensei doing all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Centering items on boundary box of repeated elements in the repeat grid

The items in the repeat grid have controllable gutters, but centering an object like a button on the grid aligns it to the center of the grid's enclosing box instead of the objects within it.

It would be great to have items center on the objects if there are an odd number of objects, or the gutter if there are an even number of objects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently when you're in a file and try to add a new artboard it automatically defaults to adding an iPhone size screen. This should change to default to the current art-board size.

This issue is particularly frustrating when you're using a custom art-board size as I need to manually change the art-board every-time I add a new one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Illustratorとの互換性について

Illustratorで作成したデザインをXDにペーストする際、
    レイヤー階層が保持されるようにしてほしいです。
    (デザインや指示を、レイヤーに分けて記載している為)

上記と併せて、
    表示/非表示の切り替え(目玉マーク)がやりやすくなると有難いです。

About compatibility with Illustrator

When pasting a design created with Illustrator into XD,
    Let's keep the layer hierarchy.
    (Because design and instructions are described separately in layers)

Together with the above,
    I hope it will be easier to switch display / non-display (eyeball mark).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It'd be nice to ALSO have a right-side handle for point text, with adjustment anchored to top + left.

The existing bottom handle that's anchored to top is a bit awkward for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  18. Select and resize different elements proportionally while maintaining a fixed placement for each of them.
    When selecting different elements, the action of increasing them is linked to the overall positioning of the entire selection, so when increasing the selection the objects leave their original positioning.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice to switch ON/OFF the assets layers panel by clicking the left edge of the XD window beside the current buttons.

I find myself switching the assets on / off depending on work size displayed on the monitor

( the opera browser has such edge )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd love to see a pre-existing material gallery combined with materials I've added myself over time. Icons, buttons, etc. With a search engine of course ..
    Just drag and throw into your project.
    In the project itself, the icon will appear as a symbol. Independent from the material gallery and editable

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)