Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. This is the very crucial thing in ui design to create consistent layouts.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I know Layer Panel is on the way so I hope this idea will help.

Naming Layer is still one of the worst nightmare. We forget to name layer and group all the time. We need good naming for organizing and exporting assets but with hundred of layers after the design done, we just cannot complete this task well.

So I think you should make a new kind of naming process to encourage designers do it as an important part of their routine.

My idea is a naming box appearing after we add an vector, bitmap or a shape. The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Measurements in the PI for multi-selected objects (show width/height of overall selection)

When selecting multiple objects, XD doesn't show width/height of combined elements! It only shows it when objects are grouped. This is valuable because I can see the quick measurements of, for example; grouped images that spread for 12 columns. That way I can eliminate possible measurements errors.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hi!

I know I can directly select a non-group object no matter how deeply grouped it is by Command-clicking it. But if I want to select a group that's grouped multiple levels deep, I'm forced to double-click my way down until I reach it.

Double-clicking multiple times in a row has annoying feel of excess effort and sluggishness, probably because the minimum elapsed time the OS needs between double-clicks in order to recognize them as separate events is way too long.

In other products I use (OmniGraffle, Axure), single-clicking an object or a group that's one level down within an…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Million times I've heard designers from my network complaining about toy-like anchor points in Sketch. I've even read articles about this online (seriously, google it).

I think that as a real-world UX and UI tool Adobe XD is supposed to provide a sense of a precise and reliable mechanism that does the job, and it's already surpassing Sketch in this aspect, but the anchor points are killing it for me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Object position is updated live when you move objects. Would be nice to see cursor position as well in the right sidebar. It helps to measure object distances when the smart guides don't register.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Character Panel: To have Auto suggest features. It gets pretty annoying when you have to hit the drop down menu repeatedly in the workflow. This feature maybe be reused in other places as well!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I should be able to drag character styles defined by me and drop onto screen with default text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If you select multiple items (artboards?) on the screen, please print out the number of items selected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is it possible to make the names of automatic tables? By working on ten tables, I will always have to name them with the prefix numbers (1 onboarding screens / 2 landing screens / 3 ....)
    when I get to board 20, I want to add a board between 4 and 5, so I have to manually rewrite and number all the other cards that follow.
    It is too boring to spend a lot of time each time manually updating the numbers.

Thank you for thinking of a solution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Align to Pixel Grid action doesn't work when object is rotated 180

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  12. Hi team, you're doing great work so far! I would suggest / request a few options for image handling in Adobe XD.

Another option would be to have an option to rasterize all imagery after being placed in so you can rasterize all imagery at once at a specific resolution (@1x, @2x, @4x) so that all images would be rastered at the largest size you would need to export for final size, and reduce the large sizes of placed stock photography to save the overall xd file size.

(Moved to another story: One is the ability to use linked imagery,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. This would be similar to holding the shift key to select multiple objects.
    In this case one would be able to select different lines of text (not contiguous)
    by holding a modifier key.

example: A user is trying to select every title in a long flow of copy. With this function they would be able to select each title in the text box and change their color, size, font, etc. all at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Muse has a great function for moving objects vertically. If you select an object an arrow appears on the left which allows you to move this object and all objects below it together without selecting or grouping it.

This would be very helpful while designing layouts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Converting text to numbers with the click of a button can definitely reduce a lot of time as there will not be any necessity to manually add the commas between the digits.

Here is my Visualization of how the concept would be.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Like in Illustrator, to have the ability to edit things with preview bounds for things that have a border that are done with the pen tool/line tool/imported SVGs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would love to have the ability to splitscreen. Sometimes I want to copy things from other screens that are a long way apart, and scrolling back and forth is annoying and I can't open a second instance of the app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Symbols are fine when all instances are the same size, like on mobile.

When designing for the web, we tend to create classes for everything and reuse them in various components that may NOT be the same size. We define stuff like a button's colour, border radius, text style and so on, but we do not define width, height etc.

Right now XD is does not let us be productive when designing such interfaces.

This is all implemented very nicely in InDesign's Object Styles, albeit with much more detail there.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Either display the last edit/change in the window title where the file name resides or better yet, each artboard also displays the last change time and date. This is very important for large companies which has multiple designers working on a single file.

Please see attached mockup, refer to the middle window title.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd love it if the gradients operated more like they do in apps like Illustrator where, holding option, one can copy a gradient color from one point to another.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)