Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. At the moment, artboards can only be set to have vertical scrolling or no scrolling at all - it would be great to have the option to have horizontal scrolling for the entire artboard, as to better facilitate designs for side-scrolling websites.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

I’ll leave this one open, but you can already do side scroll via a group in an artboard. You can set a scroll area on a wide group, and set the scroll mask to the width of your artboard.

2. Our preferred workflow is to have a Xd-beta file for new development. When changes here are implemented the design gets moved to another file.

However, when copying artbords that contains components with overrides, these overrides are lost when the artbord is pasted in a new file. (both Xd-files are connected to the same master component file)

Would love if this could be fixed.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All -

Can you please detail out what’s your current workflow today in XD that lands you into that situation?

In other words, are the documents that you’re pasting into linked to the source document? are they “Saved As” versions of the source documents.

This extra info will help us identify what the issue is.

Thanks,
    Sherif

3. Designing for web means mocking up, at minimum, for desktop and mobile. I have to create separate heading styles for both device sizes. Would be so so nice if I could define font sizes based on device widths for each heading style and swap them all at once, rather than tediously going through the mockups and updating each text box one-by-one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When a text layer is created, the layer name is the same as that of the text. However, when the text is updated or made a copy of, the new layer's label in the layers panel remains the same. It needs to be updated in real-time as per the text on the artboard.

Right now, it is very confusing to look at the same text-labeled layers in the layers panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It will be great to create a grid that works verticaly and horizontaly, like a grid based on the golden number. It is really ennoying that we can have only vertical grid. And also it would be great to use a feature like "auto grid" plugin to create grid using the perfect pixel. Now it is really painfull to make great design base on a great grid. Thank you and sorry for my english ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want the option when setting up character styles that there doesn't need to be a color associated with the character style.

For example, I set up my H1, H2, H3 with their respective font families, font weight, & font size. But my design has different background colors. Sometimes my H1 is lack on a white background, which is how I set it up in the Character Styles. While other times my H1 is white on a black background,. But if I change the H1 to white it no longer correlates to the H1 I setup in my character styles…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently, you only have the option to edit paths if the Z-position is set to 0. As soon as you set the paths Z-position to anything greater than 0 you lose the ability to edit the paths, which is extremely frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  8. Currently both the list and grid view have their advantages and disadvantages, especially since the sudden loss of responsive columns of the list view I find myself switching back and forth. In some occasions the list view is still more compact, but as soon as there are many items in one category - i.e. colors - I feel forced to switch to grid to avoid endless scrolling.

To counter this and add customizability, how about being able to select the view mode per category? For example grid for colors, list for components or vice versa - just the way your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Just like the preset artboard sizes for mobile, tablet, web, social and watch; I would like the web banner sizes to be added to the artboard presets for a quicker set up. Artboard size examples: 300x250, 728x90, 160x600, 300x600, 970x250, 300x50, etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sorry, if this has already been requested but I couldn't find it. I would love it if when I change the text of an existing text field, that the naming of it in layers automatically changes to reflect what I've typed. I tend to copy and paste text layers, holding option, to speed up my process but it keeps the name of the layer regardless of if I change the content of the text box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In Adobe Muse, there was a on the left side, near the rulers, to pull up or push down all design elements under the handle. Was it called the "Vertical Move Handle" ?

Can Adobe XD integrate this feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The current feature of switching on/off snapping by holding "Cmd" in Mac or "Ctrl" in Windows doesn't work properly. Additionally, we couldn't align shapes or objects with one another as there isn't feature to turn on/off the snap to pixel grid for the entire document.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that the Cmd/Ctrl keyboard shortcut you’ve mentioned below is actually used for turning off snapping to other objects and to the layout or square grid. I’ll merge this with another request.

13. It would be great to have the Alias, Size, and Custom Tokens available in XD for when I'm designing. Currently my color tokens only show the global versions, and I can't add additional swatches if they share a hex value. We don't want developers using global tokens if an alias or component token exists, so it would be great to have these available to me as I design.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In the table example shown below, the text element in the third column is set to auto height. All of the table cells are in Cell Group, which was then grouped with the horizontal line below Cell Group to create Row Group. Row Group has stacking turned on so that the horizontal line is always 16px below Cell Group.

This is all well and good until Repeat Grid enters the picture. If I create a repeat grid from Row Group, set the grid spacing to 16px, then populate variable height content into Column 3, I get the mess shown in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We need a simple way to add text to a container to avoid creating and grouping multiple objects. Double-click rectangle to add a text like it's done in PowerPoint. See the attached example

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. position elements relative to the component coordinate system NOT THE RANDOM ARTBOARD IT IS ON!!!!

When you make a component it should have its own coordinate system where the upper left corner is 0, 0. It is insane that you reference the artboard for position and not the parent container (component). I know you thought was a good idea when you made it this way. I am sure you had to go to your boss to force the software developers to get this feature. I am sure that they had to write a work around to even get it to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great if some features to support dual-screen laptops, like zenbook duo, could be added. Similar to the control panel support available for adobe photoshop.

Meanwhile, it would have been nice if the panels were dockable at least. Since the panels could not be docked aside, we are not able to take the panels to a separate screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Your second suggestion already exists, so I’m going to keep this one open for dual screen support. You should upvote the other one to get updates on that.

18. Being able to quickly see whether or not a stray color or text style is used that is not in the Assets panel would be so helpful. Easily reconciling any texts or colors that aren't part of your design system. Appears that you can kind of do this in the inspect mode on a shared link, but being able to do this in design mode would be so helpful and speed up auditing designs before handing off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Insert components at the current cusor position with something like a dopdown

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There should be keyboard hotkey shortcuts to quickly edit the text alignment.

SHIFT+ OPTION + L (Used to pull up my CC Library.. not as important.)
    SHIFT+ OPTION + R (Used to reload my plugins... not as important )
    SHIFT+ OPTION + C (NOT IN USE... maybe use this shortcut and have the 3 options cycle each time you hit it, left, center, right.)

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)