Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Picture the following scenario: You have a very large object and a very small one. You want to resize the large object with some relation to the smaller object, which requires you to zoom in. However now that you have zoomed in, the handles for your larger object are off-screen.

It would be nice if you could either, resize an object using the entire edge as a handle, or just make the handles move along the edge so that they are always on screen, even when zooming in.

to illustrate my problem I have attached a screenshot with an indication…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Currently AdobeXD has an useful way to copy paste keeping the pasted object aligned with the original object position or pasting it in the same place relative to the original artboard.

But what is missing is a way to paste an element exactly where the mouse pointer is. Usually if I need an element somewhere in an artboard, the paste option makes it appear somewhere else, usually very far (and sometimes hidden behind other elements).
    A "Paste Here" (where my mouse pointer is when I right click) option is necessary to be able to pinpoint the exact location where to…

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I VPN to MAC within a PC environment (iRAPP via Citrix). Navigating in the application XD requires use of keyboard shortcuts, which is disabled due the nature of my secure remote-access.

Why not include a scrollbar to view panels in XD? Currently - I use the zoom-to-fit and zoom in order to view panels. It would be great to have a scroll bar within the application (as with Sketch).

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although Adobe XD does not currently provide scrollbars to navigate the view of your content, there are several different options to pan the viewport around:

• If you have a trackpad, use two fingers to pan (if you have an Apple Magic Mouse, you can use one finger to pan)
    • Hold down Space Bar and drag the mouse
    • Use the mouse scroll wheel to pan vertically, and use Shift + scroll wheel to pan horizontally
  4. Adobe (or someone) has set the standards for scrolling art spaces for years, PS, AI, ID all do this:
    • Scroll = up and down
    • Ctrl + Scroll = Left and right
    • Alt + Scroll = zoom in and out
    • Adding Shift to any of the above options modifies the action to larger increments of scroll/zoom

Currently in XD (Windows 10)
    • Scroll = up and down (meets standard)
    • Ctrl + Scroll = zoom in and out (out of standard)
    • Alt + Scroll = zoom in and out (meets standard)
    • Shift + Scroll =…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The guides are aligned on the legt, maybe an option tot align at the right and center!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Em values allows me to set relative values for font sizes and line spacing in a way that the line spacing is always relative and proportional to the font size. This is a great time saver.

Please take a look at Typecast, you can set it in px and/or em. Amazingly flexible.

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Just like in Illustrator, have the ability to combine two end points so that you can create a shape based on previously created lines as opposed to making a new shape entirely.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display in image assets option the used file. In addition, display is it a link or embedded.

This would also be a good location for the feature request:
    Reload asset images automatically's manual reload button.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In Photoshop, you can use the dotted rectangular feature to select a part of an image and cut it out, copy it, etc. I'd like to do the same with XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can we have a keyboard shortcut for align to pixel grid please - it's time consuming to do this all the time.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As a designer in design mode, when applying "Update All Symbols," I wish to keep some update-overrides. But they can be hard to find. A find-and-replace feature, like in modern spell checkers, would help me to find and confirm, or skip, some of my other symbol overrides.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Workspace for designing the screens.
    Viewer mode (a second "page" of screens).

Screens are split like an Excel "freeze' screen.

Use case:
    Working on mobile app
    Reviewing UI material in page based layout, not Symbols!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Maybe by holding the command key while moving one of the groups.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We need the usual suite of typography shortcuts such as CMD + SHIFT + C for centre, CMD + SHIFT + L for left etc

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to see an ON/OFF switch to test for color conflicts with regard to 508 compliance.

This is valuable to me because I design for a large company and we need to make sure that everything tests fine against 508 compliance, which includes color conflicts for color blindness and deficiencies.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we still don’t have the tools built right into XD (and so I’m leaving this open), we do have at least one plugin to help with color blindness checking. Please do check out the plugins section of XD to see if one will work for you!

17. Vector assets for iOS are PDFs. Not being able to import existing assets directly sucks.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I would like to understand more about your workflow. What are you trying to achieve and what prevents you doing with the latest XD version?

Cheers,
    M.

18. Allow palettes to be moved to one side of the screen.

The default location of palettes force you to constantly move from far left to far right of a large monitor - it's actually quite painful when you're used to having all palettes/tools on one side and your artwork on the other.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Some designs will require pixel precision, it would be great if the current "Align & Distribute" can be enhanced to "Distribute" objects based on pixel spacing. In similar way to how InDesign's "Align & Distribute" panel works. This becomes useful when distributing objects that are not the same that need to be spaced out an even amount of pixels quickly and precise.

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

EDITED: I'd like to be able to enter a number while distributing to ensure that my items are X pixels apart.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support the ability to enter a x, y, width or height in physical units (mm,cm,inches,pts...)

The ability to create shapes that are physically sized. For example, creating a square 1"x1", when view on an iPad, it is 1" x 1". Also it would be nice to see those physical measurements.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)