Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. If you are zoomed out you hardly can select a small shape. Maybe you should adjust the selection tolerance depending on the zoom.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1. XD 0.5.4.51
    2. Inside a text block select text with either a multiple fonts or a font that is different from the target text block. Copy your selection. Next go into a different text block that has the different font selection than what you copied. Paste.
    3. It should retain the font selection from before you copied.
    4. It changes all the pasted font to the font selection of the target text block.
    144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2. It's currently possible to round corners on primitive shapes. As soon as additional anchor points are added, or a shape is created from scratch using the pen tool, the ability to round corners is removed.

It would be nice to have this option at all times.

296 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I have a couple thoughts regarding zooming and fitting to screen:

1. Currently, Ctrl - 0 fits all artboards (the entire canvas) into view, while Ctrl - 1 zooms the entire canvas to 100%. I don't like it that way. It feels weird, it doesn't feel natural. I intuitively press Ctrl - Alt - 0 trying to zoom everything to 100% (as I'd do in other Adobe products), but that shortcut is unused, and instead it's used Ctrl + 1 to do the same. I get it that it's shorter, but it feels wrong. Maybe using both shortcuts? Ctrl - Alt…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Working on a landscape prototype version of a site, and to simulate the scrollable pages I bring the assets in, place them, and then adjust the height of the Artboard to match — but it would be really nice if there were Smart Guides when doing so, so the Artboard snaps to the height of the assets on the page.

Size of artboard should fit content exactly.

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently in XD you have to mask images with a shape, which takes extra steps to accomplish. Being able to paste images or artwork into shapes similar to InDesign is much faster workflow and only requires a single step when working on the canvas.

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be easier have selection as like as Autocad.

From left top to right bottom, only includes / from left to right everything touched get selected.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. At the moment a locked object can still be selected, hindering the ability to select an object underneath.

It would be great if locked object would be completely disabled, similar to how an illustrator locked object behaves.

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would like to see a colour wheel and swatches like the rest of the programs, rather than having to click on the fill icon to select colour. I just lose time by doing that and feels less free to quickly test colours.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. See Example https://css3gen.com/css-background-generator/
    As a user, I can draw box
    As a user, I can set a background image on that box.
    As a user, I can Set all the background properties on that box.

background-attachment Sets whether a
    background-image is fixed or scrolls with the rest of the page
    background-clip property specifies whether an element's background, either the color or image, extends underneath its border.<
    background-color Sets the background color of an element This is already a feature.
    background-image Sets the background image for an element
    background-position Sets the starting position of a background image
    background-repeat

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When designing web layouts I always need to adjust viewport height manually. It would be nice to have an option to make artboards auto adjustible.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Actual hand tool (in addition to spacebar). When viewing multiple artboards, it is important to be able to pan around the work area while being disengaged from the keyboard as a means of focusing on the work itself. Or just leaning back in a chair.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I know I can draw a box around multiple items ('m using lines) to select them, but I'd like to select them by Ctrl + click as well. I have another shape behind the 2 I'm trying to select, so selecting multiple items by dragging a box selects the item behind it, and I can't deselect it... that's also another suggestion; deselect by Ctrl + click if multiple items are selected

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I wish I had the ability to select an image and be able to update the file or change the image with out having to import another image if it is exactly the same size or I updated the design.

242 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Not sure if this has already been flagged, but I find the following behaviour really annoying:

1. Create a button made of a rectangle + some text on top. Group these two layers.

2. Double click to select only the rectangle

3. Change the shadow settings in order to add a subtle little shadow below the button

As you can see, there is a blue border around the button, which is displayed when you select an object belonging to a group.
    This blue border is preventing me to see my shadow being drawn and understand if I like it or not. To do…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I really like the feature on InDesign where you can view the baseline grid for text. Since the placement of text on a website depends on where it sits in its own baseline grid, it would be really helpful if there was a way to toggle it on and off.

Having this would make it easier to know where exactly a block of text would be placed if it were say, 30px underneath an image.

It would also really help if I wanted to make a word have a background color, so I could easily figure out how tall that…

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. option to set a default artboards stacking position

Option to set a default artboard stacking when duplicating an artboard to (left, right, top, down) positions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When you enter a width for an object, also be able to set the size using a percent.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I am not sure if you already have a request for this, however, it would be nice if we could add a border on the outside of a masked circle or square.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I often will make a box with text in it. I want to be able to opt-drag that text to make a copy in a different box. This works, but the text is part of the box+text group I've made rather than being created outside of the group (as doing a copy/paste command would do).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)