Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. Right now, if I have an icon that I need to export for both iOS and Android, I have to run through the export process twice. It would be nice if "Export for" was a multi-select checkbox instead of a radio button.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When exporting text to SVG, a generic fallback font should be specified after the original font, e.g. sans-serif for Helvetica Neue.

Idea posted initially here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/14534772-exported-svgs-lack-default-fallback-sans-serif-f

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Border radius, shadow and stroke in XD project are excellent, but why do I have to export jpg assets with it? On web these thing are made by css code. Please add functionality to export images just cropped to the size set in project, but without added border radius, shadow and stroke.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For mobile apps Design we need light weight for the assets we export on the stores ( play store / app store ). So actually we only export in PNG for android and iOS. The result when I export a Picture, my PNG is for example 1Mo if Adobe XD have the possibility to export in jpeg my @2x @3x pictures will be 0,1Mo.
    Because when our app is to heavy on the store you loose some customer, downloading is too long...
    So please, could you implant that point and quality export select like photoshop or illustrator.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We do design in iPhone 5 size that 320x568 and we have script for illustrator, which will give export GUI, where we can select export size options for both iOS, android and web sizes. This way we don't have to design icons separately for other platforms. Have attached screenshots for reference, there you can see option to set base frame size used to design this will do the calculations in background and will export scaled icons for other selected sizes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When exporting artboards to a PDF, the artboard title should be included in some way.

I think this could be as simple as creating a bookmark for each artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Are there plans to add export presets for UWP apps? UWP assets are required to be 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 4x. There also needs to be a filename suffix (*.scale-100.png, *.scale-125.png, *.scale-150.png, *.scale-200.png, and *.scale-400.png).

Ideally this would be added as an option in addition to the current presets (Web, iOS, Android, UWP). Alternatively, you can allow users to make their own presets (like Sketch recently did).

Thanks for considering.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I’d love to be able to drag individual (or more at the same time) selected artboards and groups from the Layers panel out of XD, making it export as PNGs.

That way I can quickly share my designs with other people – drag and drop to Slack, email, messages etc., similar to how in Sketch you can drag the little previews from the right panel.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please support FTP to a server on export.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please provide options for exporting app icon and splash automatically, in every size requested by iOS and Android (as actually XD does with general assets), avoiding a Photoshop action.
    Thank you very much.

Updated:
    App icons need to be exported at different (specific) dimensions than the typical 1x, 2x, and 3x required by in-app assets. This request specifically reflects the needs for application icons.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When exporting one or more artboards, there is a message shown at the top indicating the process. (with an X to cancel it)

After it's done, however, there is no confirmation of the success (other than the absence of an error message), and there is no way to quickly open the containing folder for the export result.

It would be really useful and handy to get a confirmation message along the lines of "(#) Artboards Exported successfully. [Open folder]" at the top afterwards — especially because XD doesn't use the native Mac windowing system, thus we don't have access to easily…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently when trying to export a preview JPG or cut assets, if an asset layer uses a blending mode the exported file will ignore the blending mode and revert it to its original state.

Example, if you have a dark blue background color and want to create a glow with a white circle with a blur, setting the blending mode to overlay will change the color of this white glow to a lighter blue color of the background color - when exported to jpg or png it will appear white.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It will be great if I can mark Component Master as exportable to export all Component Instances. If I have a button which I used many times I'd like to make them all (and all new instances) exportable at once.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When working on a project with a whole lot of Artboards, its nice to have an option to Add a Prefix to the Artboard Name when Exporting.

This will reduce the Name of the Artboard while working, this you you don't see repetitions in the Sidebar too. You will also be able to fit more of the title, when you are linking in Prototype mode.

Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Possibility to export png as 9patch images is very useful to deliver assets to developers correctly, specially when we design android apps.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

Xd Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.3.114
    Adobe Illustrator Version : 21.1.0 (64-bit)
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1703
    OS Build 15063.608

1. Create any 2 shapes in Xd. Make them any color but white.
    2. Create a 3rd shape and overlay(top layer)that so the previous two shapes are totally covered
    3. Select this 3rd shape and apply blur (amount: 8 | brightness: 0 | opacity: 0%)
    4. Select page
    5. Export .svg (embed image)
    6. Open .svg in Adobe Illustrator

Result
    No blur. See Ai_NoBlur.png

Expected Result
    See AiBlur.ai
    1. I made a group

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Blur for the exported SVG will be implemented in a future version of XD. Will let you know once that is publicly available.

Cheers,
    M.

17. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm a frontend developer and we export SVG's to use them inline in our HTML.

When you export an SVG (non-minified) you will see that all your paths/polygons etc. have id's attached to them. To avoid having multiple ID's it would be great if you can turn this off.

I noticed that the minified export does this however it would be great if you can also do this for non-minified versions, since sometimes we still have to edit the SVG a bit, or add custom classes/id's when manipulating elements within the SVG.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. On export, bring up a dialog that allows you to customize size and naming scheme for each file and save that as a template/preference. Not everyone wants to follow the Android directories. So it would be nice if we could export images into one directory with names (e.g. logo640.png, logo480.png...or...logo.png, logo@2x.png, etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I share prototype sketches with developers in the team. Each time I update sketch I need somehow to inform them about that. I try to add version and timestamp so they can make sure they follow the latest revision.

Proposal: File > Export... > (Add timestamp / Version / Note)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)