Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. It would be great to be able to make the design live with html 5 animations (for the prototyping mode), that would be usable as assets for the developers. As we can record a live preview of our design, it would be a great feature.

Thank you !

315 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like to be able to clear all prototype wires similar to how the clear all guides option works in other Adobe products.

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'm hoping this idea is just an add on from the current Scroll action.

At the moment you can create a button etc and link it to a certain area on your artboard. It then automatically scrolls to that area once clicked.

My idea is to have this same feature, but with an option to jump and scroll to a specific area on another artboard.

It will make the user journey so much better when using things like quick links etc

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Press and hold capability for buttons with the ability to specify the length of the hold.
    Also would be good to allow multiple press and holds of different lengths on the same button that go to independent destinations. Example press and hold button for 2 seconds goes to artboard a. Press and hold same button for 4 seconds goes to artboard b.

267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would really like the default transition for wires to be "None," not "Dissolve." I have almost never seen a real website or app or desktop software do page transitions with a dissolve transition, so I don't understand why it's the default transition. I have to change the transition from "Dissolve" to "None" every time I create a new project. I could be the only user who wants this, but I wanted to make this request.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently, for scrolling artboards there is a fixed-position dotted line that defines the height of the viewport in the interactive preview.

For desktop web sized artboards, I'd like the position of the dotted line to automatically adjust dynamically so the prototype fills the full height of the user's screen. For example, on a laptop screen the scrollable viewport might be 960px tall and when the same prototype is viewed on a desktop monitor the viewport might be 1200px tall.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be really nice to have the ability to simulate right click, double click, hover, and scroll events in the prototype view. This would allow people who are making more complex web based products to simulate/communicate those interactions to others.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would be great to see a Prototype Preview of the responsive design, how the layout changes, when the window is scaled. If there are different artboards created for the devices, it's great to see how it switches dynamically.

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why only one video play? When strolling on a video in the carousel, then strolling to the following video, in the carousel doesn't play! This feature is pointless. We have been waiting so long for this feature, and it only is limited, and we can't play multiple videos simultaneously. That is a big big problem.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Positioning an overlay is really approximate as it only works by using the mouse, without any indication of its position. Whether it is the distance from the artboard edges, or to other existing elements on the artboard.

Would be great to be able to move an overlay using the keyboard arrow for better accuracy, as well as being able to toggle the overlay position by pressing "alt" (as this already exists in design mode)

Thanks guys!

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Many times we need the potential to design something completely new! coding is the best way that make anything possible. allows you to explore every creative concept—not just replicate patterns. Code isn’t just for engineers. code is one of the most powerful tools a designer can have.

Thank you to integrate a programming language code for XD (javascript, coffeescript or actionscript?) to design animations and transitions, like Framer (http://framerjs.com/), that enhance unique and innovative user experiences.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you view the prototype in the background color is white on the page that surrounds the layout, but if you click the fullscreen icon top right the same backgound becomes black, this also removes the text navigation links under the layout.

Why is this? And why doesn't the background fill the screen dynamically with the background of my web layout? It looks very strange when my 1024x768px gets a bordered frame around it instead of just getting a full background that occupies the screen, just like I would when making the same layout in Dreamweaver. When I preview layouts…

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently in prototype mode, connections disappear unless you click on a board or do cmd-a.

We need the ability to see all connections or hide them. Not by "selecting boards" using cmd-a. Just show all connections.

People use XD not just to prototype but to pass a desired flow from designers/product to developers. Don't restrict the use case for XD

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When viewing my prototype using Preview, I would like to see the same hotspot hints that my team members will see when they view my prototype on the web.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reduce number of lines between linked artboards: (when an entire artboard is selected or you select all)

when two artboards link to each other, instead of having two, three or four lines, have one line (with two or more arrows or another color) to show the two or more links.

This makes it easier to get an overview of the entire applications dartboard links (app/site structure)

Its the smallest things that makes a great and intuitive workflow

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I animate drop-shadows on an element it doesn't animate with the rest of the element. Only after the element has animated does the shadow jump instantaneously from value set A to value set B.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Now that the "Tap/Hover Effect" request ()https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12941394-tap-hover-effect?tracking_code=c41a5301558789f85205f7c47ec8b9ca) is officially closed, we need a feature to do what (I believe) the 8952 people who voted for it have been asking for since March of 2016:

A way to assign Hover events as triggers for the existing interactions platform.

Component states is a wonderful addition to XD, but it barely scratches the surface of what designers need for prototyping hover events.

We need to be able to add tooltips, menu pop-up overlays and many other effects that still can only be achieved by transitioning to another artboard. As it stands,…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)