Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. When you enter a width for an object, also be able to set the size using a percent.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Being able to do a full webdesign and logo design in one program is what a lot of people need.

I would have liked to be able to design a logo with text running on a curved path, but seems like I will have to use Fireworks or Illustrator to do that and then bring that into Xd.

What I loved about Fireworks was that you could do everything in one program. Basic image editing, gradient colors, gradient transparency fade and webdesign. No need to open Photoshop or Illustrator.

Keep up the good work guys! Loving Xd so far.

256 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want the option when setting up character styles that there doesn't need to be a color associated with the character style.

For example, I set up my H1, H2, H3 with their respective font families, font weight, & font size. But my design has different background colors. Sometimes my H1 is lack on a white background, which is how I set it up in the Character Styles. While other times my H1 is white on a black background,. But if I change the H1 to white it no longer correlates to the H1 I setup in my character styles…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The tab button on a keyboard doesn't indent text like it would in every other text tool in adobe suite.

please make the tab button indent paragraph text.

249 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I wish I had the ability to select an image and be able to update the file or change the image with out having to import another image if it is exactly the same size or I updated the design.

242 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 237 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently, there's no simple way to look up or adjust the spacing of an existing repeat grid element (other than grabbing and dragging the spacing area).

This is sometimes bothersome because, 1) when just trying to look it up, you don't always want to change the spacing, and 2) finding the spacing adjustment area can be a bit fiddly.

Also, when you DO want to adjust the spacing, it can be a bit tricky to get it on the exact pixel.

Therefore, it'd be nice if the spacing property would show up as an input field in the right (properties)…

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Thanks for an awesome product and for valuing community requests!

I'm very interested in incorporating variable fonts to our UI, especially for navigation states where font weights change on hover without changing the character/word/line width. But currently I have no way to design using these fonts in XD -- all of the style variations are set in CSS axes definitions, not by specing a font weight or transform element. Adding the font to my computer does load it to my list in XD, but there's only one weight: Regular. No italics, no weights, no widths, no serif variation, no nada.…

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to collapse / expand all folders in the layers panel, similar to photoshop (Hold Alt + Click on folder to collapse or expand).

Most elements / symbols have a hand full of layers inside each. These add up after an artboard or so worth of design and having to manually collapse each individual group of layers individually can take up a bit of time.

Would just be a bit of a time save for those of use who spend a lot of time organising our layers.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Splitting off from the typographic features (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12927885-typographic-features)

Let's discuss what control over kerning you'd like to see in XD.

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be awesome to be able to mark some elements inside a compontent to not change some properties on its states, for example, text. If I change the text on the main state, it would change the text inside the other states. With that, I would be able to improve my work on making hover buttons all over my prototype. The way it is now, I need to change the text inside all the states, what makes it impossible.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add a feature that will allow the user to remove unused components from the library. Currently, I have to click on each component and check if it is on the canvas. Bearing in mind that there are several hundred of them in my file, it becomes very troublesome and causes a mess in the library. A similar option is available in e.g. Adobe InDesign and is very helpful when working with a file.

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. As you go through a design, objects are created and sequentially stacked on top of each other. This affects Z index and view.

Using things like self created grid/layout systems or objects that are required to stay at the top of the z index get obscure and I spend an awful lot of time reorganizing my layers. Too much time.

To save time - having the ability to "pin" the layer order of groups or objects would be amazing. Additionally, defining group/object stacking order by "pinnable" alphanumeric identification would be terrific. example:

Top Layer — Pin1
    Second to — Pin2…

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A data table component with headers, columns of varying widths, alternating row colors, add/delete rows, add/delete columns - very standard stuff! See Axure, PowerPoint, Confluence, etc. etc. Should be able to paste data from an Excel worksheet. An enterprise designer like me, who deals with data-rich UIs, must have this before I can consider adopting XD as my standard tool.

Seems so obvious! But I haven't found this in other suggestions, most others focus on one aspect of a table instead of core table properties. I'd love to hear I'm just missing it somehow...

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to see an ON/OFF switch to test for color conflicts with regard to 508 compliance.

This is valuable to me because I design for a large company and we need to make sure that everything tests fine against 508 compliance, which includes color conflicts for color blindness and deficiencies.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we still don’t have the tools built right into XD (and so I’m leaving this open), we do have at least one plugin to help with color blindness checking. Please do check out the plugins section of XD to see if one will work for you!

16. We often design Area Graphs, Doughnut Charts, Bars etc for Dashboards. Personally I switch between AI and PS to design this type of stuffs.

But it would be great to have an easier way design Charts and Graphs in Adobe XD.

For example, I would like the following method to design a Doughnut Chart:
    Draw a circle
    Select Doughnut Chart from Menu
    Insert Percentages and colors
    Hit OK and done!
    Similar idea for other type of graphs.

Thanks for the Awesome work, XD Team!

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adobe Fireworks style specific alignment in pixels.

Set spacing vertically or horizontally, by typing a specific number value into the panel.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi,

Would be really nice if you could add gradient to text as well as objects.

/Iversen

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If I'm drawing a rectangle and setting a corner radius of X, and need to resize that rectangle's width, I'd like to just be able to push one side without having the other side's corner radius "squashing" up.

Currently it's possible to do so by editing vector points and just selecting the left or right-side point group, but it wastes a bit of time. Thanks :)

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Got it. Currently, that’s expected behavior, as double clicking and adding points converts it from a rectangle (which will maintain the corner radius) to a path, which has a different set of rules for resizing (for things like icons). I think what you want is this behavior: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12962355. If this looks good, I’ll go ahead and merge this story with that one.

-Elaine

20. 172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)