Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

118 results found

1. Ballpark (https://ballparkhq.com/) is a user testing platform for prototypes and allows you to set goals and track how people use your prototype with stats, audio, video alongside survey questions and UX tests. It would be great if XD could support Ballpark.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The new auto-activate fonts forced ‘feature’ —advertised with pathetic triumph on the welcome screen after — is an arrogant absurdity and should never be activated by default nor forced on users. Please implement the ability to turn off the abuse (like you do with InDesign).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Since updating to XD50 and being forced to replace slashes with dashes for naming components, I can no longer export my components successfully to Zeplin. Zeplin relies on the slash to recognize components as variants and output code. My over 600 components will no longer be recognized as variants in Zeplin and it messes with my entire naming convention that I created in XD. When fixing this issue, please automate changing back my dashes to their original slashes so I don't have to manually fix over 600 component names that now have a dash. Here is a video to further…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Consolidate layout and placing of menus, bars, actions with the other Adobe tools everyone uses. Not even the labels have been consolidated!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I was told in support case ADB-16099483-L1M9 that the functionality is working as designed that CC Libraries created using the new Publish As Library function are created as view only and there is no way to change it to editable.

A library that I can't edit in other apps is literally useless.

Please change the functionality so that Publish as Library creates a normal, editable CC Library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Xd is currently the single best way to import Figma files accurately into After Effects. By exporting svg files from Figma and importing them into Xd I can now get super accurate comps for prototyping / preview animation. The problem is, whenever there are embedded assets in an artboard (say a png background) the files are linked to some cryptic system folder (example attached. on mac it's /var/folders/s1/someSketchyHash/...) and thusly can be easily seperated from the project and lost during handoff / transfer. The current fix for this is to do a project collect in After Effects every time you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Nucleoapp integration for Adobe XD will defiantly help in managing icons and quickly using them in our designs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be nice to be able to integrate a link handoff to the mobile tableau app to be able to view fully interactive visualizations.

What this would look like is if someone is viewing the xd app on a mobile device, an icon or text link would prompt the tableau app to open and display a visualization..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would love to have live links to AE animations inside of XD.

For example, select a component, choose "animate in AE", and it opens in an AE comp to be animated. Then when you're finished, that animation is live in XD, and can be edited in AE with a live pipeline like Cineware's link between AE and C4D.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently, when you copy text from Sketch and paste them in XD, the XD breaks the text into a bunch of random small text boxes instead of one text box (see attached image). We need all the text to be in one text box, not many small text boxes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would be awesome if we could update our sketch library and then reconvert it into XD, replacing the existing one. This way we could use sketch for updating libraries while using them in XD.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In sketch, you can have various states of a button based on size of the artboard and symbol in the "control" artboard and naming convention. When importing my library system to XD, XD does not recognize any of my states and simply imports them all as individual symbols. Please make it so XD can understand states from sketch libraries and implement them as proper states in an imported library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When designing a banner for a youtube channel or facebook-site with cover image … I'd like to export my images in the right size, but the export from XD to JPG/PNG is poor (color-mistakes no attachment of color profiles) OR if Iäd like to make advanced work (filters/masks etc.) I don't like to rebuild my design in Photoshop. An export from XD to Photoshop 8with all layers) would be very helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We'd like the ability to create a JIRA issue directly from an annotation point in XD so that the prototype/design is linked to its implementation work in JIRA.

My workaround right now is to call out the numeric annotations within the description of a specific JIRA issue but I think this could be improved by a link between the two.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Request options in a popin before export to AE :
    - Make folders as comp > checkbox
    - Make symbols as comp > chekbox
    - Export hidden layers > checkbox
    - Export locked layers > checkbox
    - Export grid as guide > checkbox

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Same problem for integrations in Slack and Jira integrations' previews

If I am adding or sharing Adobe XD link of a concrete artboard in some project, e.g.:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/screen/ARTBOARDID/
    then preview usually is generated not for this concrete artboard that i am sharing, but for the main artboard of the whole project

So in fact it generates for me this link preview:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/

This is completely illogical, when e.g. in Jira I create a task to implement concrete subpage, but then Adobe XD generates me every time the main page preview...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When sending files to After Effects, add ability for paths that are grouped together to come in as a single shape layer, instead of multiple parented shape layers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to save images in a specific location when sending to AE. I noticed it gets saved to the local disk, but our team works on a server so that isn't ideal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. My work involves a lot of non-traditional input devices. From gamepads to custom industrial controllers. Being able to develop middleware on my end and communicate with, let's say, a websocket API into XD would allow for much wider usage at our studio.

Ex. Websockets, UDP or TCP to control prototype interaction.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would do well to all of us if we could connect our projects to an existing domain address and have it LIVE.
    I believe that this feature would be most appreciated by everyone since it allows us to be able to create a website or app the way we want and then be able to put it LIVE right away.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)