Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. When exporting an asset with a shadow, the downloaded SVG doesn't contain that shadow, but the dartboard matches the size of the asset including the shadow.

So maybe the SVG should just be the size of the actual element without the shadow. Otherwise the SVG doesn't match in size when implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Run path operations on shapes grouped to bounding boxes.

Masked paths/shapes are revealed in js react. It would be nice to not have to do this manually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Is this still an issue for you?
    If yes, could you please attach an XD file with which you can reproduce the issue and maybe a recording?
    Our team tried to reproduce it but with no success.

Thanks,
    Corina Murgila

3. When you clean up the components. In case a component is inside a hover state for example and I check highlight on canvas it won't show it and you might accidentally delete it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hi, one of programmers at my work had a problem with clip path ID in SVG files that was exported from XD because each of them didn't have unique clip path ID. Whereas exporting from Illustrator had an option of giving clip path ID a unique ID. Can it be also implemented in XD?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Similar to how Sketch does it: when I mark something for export, give me a way to put the export settings at that level so it REMEMBERS and I don't have to pick which file type and compression percentage EVERY TIME.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have noticed that assets that I have selected to be uploaded to my developer prototype only seems to include assets that are visible on the art board. It would be good if the developers had access to all the assets I have selected for upload in the asset panel regardless to whether they are visible on the art board or not.

I turn visibility off for some of my icons as they change in different states and it is easier to keep them layered but the ones I'm not currently using tuned off (flash on/off/auto for example)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We using in our project Font Awesome 5 pro, and i have issue with my workflow. Basically i find icon on web https://fontawesome.com and click to copy glyph or for known icons i just type "star" or "exclamation" etc. Everything works for me until i need to export data for programmers. If i mark icon for export, XD just export svg with textfield filled with glyph from font, but its useless as icon export. I need some option to mark icons to vectorize before exporting. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Is it possible to export all the assets in the art board embedded inside groups recursively.
    Example:

Group1
    - asset 1
    - Group 1.1
    -asset 1.1.1
    -asset 1.1.2

Expectation after export:
    asset1, asset1.1.1, asset1.1.2 (seperate files)

currently once way to do this is to ungroup and export it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I work for a large ad agency. Currently we design in InDesign and export a PDF with margins to route through the agency and to and from our large, lucrative client. The margins are essential because we annotate the files. The PDF goes from department to department where stakeholders comment. The PDF is created by the art dept and lands back there and comments are addressed after it makes it's rounds.

We would need to be able to create margins on our PDF exports to hold the anotations in order to even consider using XD. I think that one tweak…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. the title says it all
    During export i don't want to be clicking and looking for the location of the export every single time.

Please make a button that resets the export location to the location of *.xd file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add support for exporting to these file formats(.wmf and .emf)
    This is valuable to allow maximum flexibility and reduce spacing costs on cloud storage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently when you export a PDF with the same name as an already opened previous version, it wont say what is wrong. Would be nice if they fix this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Although you cover the most common Android densities, sometimes you need to cover these resolutions for certain devices, for compatibility and testing purposes. It would be great if you would add a 0,75x (LDPI) and 1,33x (TVDPI) to your android asset export options.

Photoshop and Sketch have a similar tool in which it lets you manually set your export sizes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When exporting an Artboard (as PDF) I would like an option for the artboard to be exported with extra space added to the edges, such as 400 pixels or "Export to an A4 size page set up".

Also, add Header (Name of Artboard) and Footer details (Designer name and date, etc).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When exporting have a toggle that allows you to export at either the layer size (IE - cropped to the size of the text) or artboard size (IE - 300x250 for a big box banner ad).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Since tga is a pretty common standard in Game Development, because of its capabilities of saving a seperated alpha channel. Just be able to export tga right from XD without the need of Photoshop would speed up my prozess.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. --- Idea ---
    For organizations maintaining a design system web site or document, it would be fantastic if users could "copy" a component (like a Button) from the documentation and paste it directly into XD.

--- Why? ---
    This would save designers from having to browse or search the XD library separately, since they're already in the design system documentation.

--- How? ---
    Perhaps XD could offer a new Export option for exporting in the same format used by copy-and-paste within XD? Then in a design system website, organizations could offer a "Copy XD Component" button that writes that same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)