Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. XD Version 20.2.12.1
    Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.615)

If there is a way to do this, I apologize for the post.

Almost daily, I work with "grouped" elements that represent a section of a design. For example, a panel that contains sub panels, etc. Often I want to "marquee" select several items within the panel to adjust their locations, etc., but I end up selecting the panel background and moving it instead.

It would be nice if we could lock, say, only the position of a certain element and only that element(so it doesn't move) instead of locking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When exporting Android assets, I'd like to see an option to "include dpi in asset name".

iOS assets add the @1x, @2x, @3x to the icon names, which I find useful. I would like to have the same option for Android, where mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, etc. is added to each asset and see them all in one folder.

I export a large amount of assets every week and this could really speed up our process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When viewing in the inspector mode in the browser, would be ideal to be able to select multiple elements at the same time, in order to check the total size. This is necessary for when a developer is building the layout templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great if you could switch between Design & Prototype menus right there at the right-side panel. It's a little thing, but it would save us from moving back/forth across the screen to change menus.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...) developer often don't see them because active and inactive status is grey

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When there are raster images pasted in to the project and I want to move some objects around with pixel precision I do Cmd+"+" or Cmd+2 to zoom in (200%) which is enough for me. But blurry images make it hard to do a pixel-to-pixel alignments. 300% zoom though looks perfect (pixelated and sharp). Could you please just disable raster smoothing at 200% zoom?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  7. I would find it useful in creating more complex and easily editable components if they could be used in boolean operations and retaining their linkage to the master component.

Right now, when I use a component in a boolean operation, the green outline becomes red and editing the master component does not affect the components that were used in the boolean.

This is one way I've seen google's material design components being implemented in Sketch and I found that approach very handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give me more control over what layers will be used for animations. Currently auto-animate decides which layers are used for animated transitions based on their name. However I often have similarly named layers within a group. Not having to go trough all groups and choose new names for my layers I would like to be able to "break" auto animate connections as well as make new ones between layers myself without having to manually rename these layers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi

It's really annoying having to press X on the instructions each time I want to use the prototyping tab. This happens if I only have one artboard and need to go into the prototyping tab to access the Fix Position tick box.

Please can we have an option to stop showing it?. (see attached)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I struggle always to find the target artboard I want to link it. Would make sense to show the last edited artboard first. Also, a better search and filter function would be great.
    . Makes more sense. Hard to find otherwise the artboard. Search Function also don't work very well. Thank you. you guys do awesome work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Picture the scenario. You have an art board, you copy the art board and completely alter the spacing. So now you have one art board that has a tight fitting UI, and one that has a spacious one (too spacious!)

You might play around with it for a while until you find a good point somewhere between the two art boards. But these minute changes can be difficult to keep track of.

My solution would be for art board interpolation. You select both art-boards and right click to interpolate them. This opens a screen with a simple slider that lets…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When exporting an artboard(s) to a image file(s) (PNG, JPG etc) it would be nice to have the option to clip the image at the vertical scroll indicator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be awesome to have available a quick access button that triggers the mask option. Currently, we (windows users) have to right click to access it. Even though there's also a shorcut to it, sometimes I can't remember the combination that triggers the option. I'm pretty sure our workflow would speed if we have it handy 🤩👌

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  15. Drawing a box around multiple art boards should allow the user to quickly link and un-link the screens together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have been discussing with colleagues, the ability to save multiple types of file type when ready to export forcdev. In reality, some assets would be SVG, so PNG and some maybe JPG. Currently, if you batch export, you have to save them all as one type of file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'm using the English version of Adobe UX and a Farsi keyboard. But I can't use shortcuts when I'm using Farsi. I have to change the keyboard language in order to use shortcuts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you have multiple transitions with specific values, say for example a swipe animation it becomes extremely daunting trying to remember all the various transition settings if you cannot label them and save them for future use. And it's a tedious process to set these individually since you can't copy a preset either. If you use an auto-animate in one artboard the program defaults to that over the slide transition.

You should probably also see which transition you have in the project. When you highlight two artboards and see the flowchart. And Copying transitions would be great fun!

We use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! I’m going to leave this open to save custom transition settings, but I also want to mention that UserVoice works best when you only file one idea per ticket. Please feel free to file new tickets for your secondary ideas. Thanks!

19. Whenever I want to do voice prototyping and have the prototype play a speech back to me, I always forget that I also need to select the time trigger option.

I honestly do not understand why I need to remember to select two options just have speech playback?

Why can't I just select speech playback option and it automatically selects the time trigger option for me?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow quickly getting the link of a particular artboard so I don't need to find the exact link in the browser since I have lots of artboards in my big projects and would like not to spend 5 minutes everytime I make a new update of the project.

I often want to guide the client to a specific area of a project and a Copy Link button would be more than welcome. (in the right click context menu)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)